Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 2016-17 Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I'd still take CdH + Beauvillier as a base over either Fabbro + Kamenev or Bean/Fleury + Gauthier. With a first round pick or another solid prospect added to each package.

That's assuming the big prizes like Hanifin, Elias Lindholm, Fiala and Barzal are a no go from those three clubs...but hopefully we can squeeze a bigger asset like those out in any package.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I would too...mainly because I also think we can squeeze another pick/prospect from the deal if he is the one included (it doesn't mess with their NHL forward group)

I think Kamenev will be a more impactful player all around, even if he puts up 10 less points a season.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I'd still be okay with Lando being moved as well. He's just another one of those guys I don't see on this team forever. And could get good value.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I would rather have Fabbro over anyone Carolina is offering. But if Valimaki is there at 12 then I think I would take Carolina over Nashville.

We need a potential #1.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I agree with 100% of what you said. Only thing I will note is that Car has so many good dmen they will need to move one eventually. Waiting may both raise and lower their value in some ways so itll be a fun balancing act.

The other question is will there be just as good of a player available by the time their values are maximized, or does that even matter. Fun puzzle for sure.

We're on the same page. Canes will have to eventually move some. And I think the "opportunity cost" associated with missing out on available top level players being available does need to be considered. One other factor I'll throw in there: given our youth, if the Canes show enough improvement next season we might be able to lure a big name UFA to Raleigh.

Lots of moving parts, lol!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Can someone tell me more about Fleury and Bean? I always thought Fleury was a bit of a disappointment. I don't like the lack of offense there.

I've been trying to find more recent scouting reports on Fleury, since I have a feeling that it might be time for Sakic to start looking at the "next tier down" of defensive prospects (and a Fleury + 12th overall + Roy basis of a package isn't all that bad in my view). Seems like he started off the year kind of rough down in the AHL, he was sat as a healthy scratch and then turned it around the back half of the year. It would seem like as of right now he projects as a minute muncher. Not sure where his current offensive potential lies, but again--I think it's time Sakic realizes that he's not going to get the likes of Hanfin/Chabot/Sergachev for Duchene. It's just not happening, and no, keeping him isn't a good choice to make (not saying you were advocating that, I'm just pre-emptively putting it out there).

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Fleury wouldn't be that objectionable. He's never going to be the defenseman he was drafted to be, I don't think, but I can still see a solid top four guy in him.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I've been trying to find more recent scouting reports on Fleury, since I have a feeling that it might be time for Sakic to start looking at the "next tier down" of defensive prospects (and a Fleury + 12th overall + Roy basis of a package isn't all that bad in my view). Seems like he started off the year kind of rough down in the AHL, he was sat as a healthy scratch and then turned it around the back half of the year. It would seem like as of right now he projects as a minute muncher. Not sure where his current offensive potential lies, but again--I think it's time Sakic realizes that he's not going to get the likes of Hanfin/Chabot/Sergachev for Duchene. It's just not happening, and no, keeping him isn't a good choice to make (not saying you were advocating that, I'm just pre-emptively putting it out there).

Well said.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Sakic not only has to trade Duchene but also get a very good return for him not to be fired. I don't expect Kroenkes to share my view.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
We're on the same page. Canes will have to eventually move some. And I think the "opportunity cost" associated with missing out on available top level players being available does need to be considered. One other factor I'll throw in there: given our youth, if the Canes show enough improvement next season we might be able to lure a big name UFA to Raleigh.

Lots of moving parts, lol!

Haha plus the fact that Car and Col are the two most tight lipped orgs in the entire NHL means the less we hear the more is actually probably going on. Part of me wonders if there is a deal between them that involves the Avs 4th OA should one of the top 2 centers drop and if not they may have another deal planned out.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Fleury wouldn't be that objectionable. He's never going to be the defenseman he was drafted to be, I don't think, but I can still see a solid top four guy in him.

He's still young (20) and he's a big guy (6'3) so it's very early to say he will never be "that guy".

Even if he becomes a #3 or a #4 I'd be OK with that.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Haha plus the fact that Car and Col are the two most tight lipped orgs in the entire NHL means the less we hear the more is actually probably going on. Part of me wonders if there is a deal between them that involves the Avs 4th OA should one of the top 2 centers drop and if not they may have another deal planned out.

What does Car have that the Avs need that is worth 4OA?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What does Car have that the Avs need that is worth 4OA?

Carolina have too many picks and prospects, they don't target #4OA but they are trying to move their picks and prospects for players that will help them make the playoffs.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Can someone tell me more about Fleury and Bean? I always thought Fleury was a bit of a disappointment. I don't like the lack of offense there.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article146365064.html
http://www.gocheckers.com/articles/...rong-development-after-full-year-in-charlotte

The first article is from a Raleigh newspaper, the second from the Checkers PR staff, so factor in the sources accordingly.

If you're looking for an offensive d-man Fleury isn't likely your guy. He's a big, good skating kid who shines defensively. Kind of like Pesce, perhaps? Bean is projected as much more a scoring d-man. Can't provide much more on Bean other than some Canes fans value him even more than Fleury, although Fleury is likely NHL ready next year whereas Bean will take some AHL seasoning.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Nashville, Carolina, Ottawa, am I missing anyone? Those are all the teams left rumoured to be interested? With Montreal/NYI being out now, maybe the Islanders still make a move for him but I doubt it.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I really don't think Sakic will or even can settle for a future only package.

People would rip him to shreds next season when Duchene is lighting it up in Carolina or especially Nashville while the prospects he got in return are not NHL ready (like Zads was back when he came here) or are not progressing as we wanted them to...

Also don't want Fleury. He doesn't have the offensive upside to become a top pairing guy and we already have Zadorov to fill that second pairing spot for hopefully the next 5+ years...

Rather gamble on Bean and I am really not high on him but atleast he does have more potential...

I also think if Carolina offers only futures, it has to be the farm because their prospects really are not that good and #12 is not that great either....

I mean Bean + Roy / Gauthier (would probably prefer Roy) + #12 + 2018 1st + 2017 2nd + 2018 2nd...

That would be my ask from Carolina if they want to do a futures only deal...

If you want to keep your top4 in tact and not even give us a blue chip prospect, you better drown us in picks and prospects...

I hate the Islanders as a trading partner and am not the biggest Barzal fan but Hamonic + Barzal + Dal Colle / 2018 1st would blow that CAR package out of the water and I really think that if push comes to shove, Snow will be willing to give that up. I don't buy that the Islanders are out unless Sakic has another great offer on the table already (which these futures package are not)...

If CAR wants Duchene, they really should be forced to pony up Hanifin. It is their own fault that they picked Bean over McAvoy and Chychrun....

Nashville IMO has to be Fabbro, Fiala and Kamenev..

Everything else is not worth it given how late their 1sts are (and will be next season)...

@ Foppberg:

CBJ, ARI or even PHI, BOS, STL or MIN are also options in theory...

I mean aside from the Islanders and maybe Nashville, there is no team really "rumored" to be interested which is not surprising given that no one knows anything when it comes to the Avs...

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I have to say, if the Isles are out on Duchene and it's because they went and got Eberle...that's hilarious.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
ARTICLE, NOT A TRADE REPORT!!!

Colorado sends: Matt Duchene (C)
Columbus sends: Boone Jenner (LW, C), Ryan Murray (D), 2018 first round pick

CBJ?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Fleury is roughly the same size and same age as Brandon Carlo and they also play a similar style. Fleury has the advantage (for us) of being LHD (Carlo is RDH).

If Sakic was that high on Carlo, I'm pretty sur he'd consider Fleury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad