Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXVIII | Countdown to Sadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Kessel could have been a nice target for us. Three years left at 6.8M.

Let's see what he cost.

Galchenyuck PART of the price? Yikes at first glance. That's a nice player a good cap hit.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Is it just me or Arizona would have one of the best offensive line-ups in the league if they acquire Kessel?

Keller - Galchenyuk - Schmaltz
Dvorak - Stepan - Kessel
(USA top 6 lol)
Hinostroza - Soderberg - Fischer
Crouse, Panik, Grabner, even Hayton should be looking for a spot too...

But I guess they're giving up a forward in the trade.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is it just me or Arizona would have one of the best offensive line-ups in the league if they acquire Kessel?

Dvorak - Stepan - Kessel
(USA top 6 lol)

Ohhhh, but not when that 1C was the return.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Dvorak - Stepan - Kessel
(USA top 6 lol)

I'm not sure thats even top 10.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That 2nd year he has left is a real killer.
The second year is the reason you'll get some really good picks coming with him. Carolina got a 1st for taking Marleau's $6.25m hit, but that was only a 1 year cap hit. Reimer's being 2 years @$3.4m might mean you get a 1st out of it as well, or at least a 2nd + 3rd sort of deal. You could also flip him again with 50% retention if you don't want to keep him.

Incidentally the expiration of Reimer's contract would also coincide nicely with the expiration of Cole and Calvert's contracts and the summer (2021) when Landeskog, Grubauer, and Makar need to be resigned. Assuming that Sakic doesn't go hard up against the cap ceiling, he has a two year window in the next two seasons in which to squeeze out value from unused capspace in trades like this.

Either way, the Reimer situation seems like a no-brainer to take advantage of, whether it is picks or someone like Hoffman coming back.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
He wouldn’t want to come here. He only wanted to go to the desert. People that will undoubtedly whine about this will completely glean over that ofc.
He had a 8 team trade list, you are right, no idea if we were on that one. He reportadly put down but Boston and Toronto cause he knew they would not trade for him, making his list even shorter

Reactions: MarkT

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I mean, it's very deep, but yeah, until Keller becomes a 80 + guy that might lack some high-end talent. Still a very strong forward group imo.

It's really just Keller (and Kessel now). The rest is either mediocre or in the middle of injury issues. Soda might be their top line C now. Thats bad.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Think ARI won this. Kessel has three years left on a fair contract. Galchenyuk is gonna sign a $10 million contract in a year, the way things are going.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Gotta ensure Bettman’s nephiepoo Sidney gets to make at least 1 more cup run...

giphy.gif

Reactions: avalanche_country
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad