Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXVIII | Countdown to Sadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
We can’t be mad if Panarin goes to New York or Miami. If he ends up somewhere like Dallas, yeah, I’d be pretty pissed.

And I like the idea of adding circling back to Wilson. If we can sign him to something reasonable and start him on the 4th line, great. He’s solid depth. He can play up as necessary, but shouldn’t be in our middle six opening night.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Morning gang. Barring a last minute change it sounds like we’re not going to nab Panarin. Unfortunate, but it appears we were never high on his list. It’s a bit of a weird case, I feel like most years we would have been the prime destination for the top free agent. For whatever reason, I guess he just didn’t want to come to the Avs.

Still excited for the day and hopefully we can pick up a couple free agent forwards. I’ll also be interested to see if we make any trades, after teams start seeing what their rosters look like.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Teams are hoping for the players to don't get an offer sheet (cause how often do they happen) and then be out of leverage being forced into a team friendly deal in september.

Risky game though.

But you also has to get the player to SIGN it. And the players want 5 year deals now. No one is offer sheeting throwing out four 1st round picks if they are only getting the player for 5 years.

(I know 9.5M wouldnt get four 1st, but if the team wants 8 years the AAV would be higher)

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
So Donskoi and maybe Ferland? Not bad at all. Maybe Dzingel too? Getting those 3 for the price which Panarin demands isn´t that bad. Or go after Donskoi and Ferland, then try to trade for a legit 2C. Jesus, there are some teams out there in cap-hell. Let´s bend them over.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Love the player ever since junior, not sure he will be worth what he gets though. He'd need to reign his aggressiveness in a little bit to become more durable.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Been on the Ferland train since day 1, please get that guy and stick him on the top line. He meshed so well with Monahan-Gaudreau, I think he will fit in well with Mack-Rantanen.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Thread is way past the limit. I will make and sticky a GDT for today. As always, Avs-specific signings will have their own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad