Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXVII | Everyone is pessimistically optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sooooooo... with 31 Thoughts basically torpedoing the Avs' chances at anyone we thought they were looking at, umm, maybe, I mean, what about... Duchene? Don't throw rotten fruit at me!

Read the last few pages of the last UFA thread. If you are thinking about Duchene. It won't be healthy, but you'll enjoy it.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just don't think that's happening. Both Montreal and Nashville will likely be making better pitches, and I still wouldn't rule out him returning to Columbus. I think it'd take a BIG offer for him to come back, and I don't think there' much, if any, desire by either side to bring him back.

Bring him back, and then trade him after a year or two to Pitt so he can play with Crosby. We all get to live the dream with no downside.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
giphy.gif

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Man, I'm a little surprised Lumbus hasn't made any news whatsoever. They'll have a ton of cap room to play with if Bob, Bread, and Dutch all leave.

They are one of those teams who have a hard time getting UFAs to come there. They might be able to sign one of these older players if they offer that extra year. But we know how that turns out ourselves.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Dater in his mailbag says we're definitely in on Lee. Puts Ferland as a maybe, as well as a bunch of other names.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Add both Ferland and Dzingel, trade for Kadri

Lando-Mack-Rants
Ferland-Kadri-Dzingel
Calvert-Jost-Compher
Nieto-Kam-Greer

Between Ferland and Kadri being shits, and then adding Dingle Berry to their line. That is one steaming pile of shit second line.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Between Ferland and Kadri being ****s, and then adding Dingle Berry to their line. That is one steaming pile of **** second line.

Is it ideal? No, but it’s a more likely scenario (probably minus Kadri, I’m guessing they end up just rolling Jost there, so that lineup would be even worse)

Plus the only other option is to overpay guys like Zucc and Lee who will likely not look good by the end of their contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad