Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXXVII | Everyone is pessimistically optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I still think Wilson could come back. He was money in the playoffs. I think he has an offer on the table, and wants to test the market to see if it can be topped. If nobody bites I could see him circling back around to Sakic's offer, he seemed to like it here and as long as he came back for 1-2 million less I'd be happy to have him back.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Let's see if we can force a new thread before the 2019 FA period opens.
tenor.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Stealing this from the main board...

According to Friedman Clarkson's contract was offered at the draft with a 5th round pick as a compensation. No wonder he didn't get traded.

Elliotte Friedman discusses Bobrovsky/Panarin's future, the Flames and RFAs - Sportsnet.ca

19:40 mark Elliotte Friedman says that the Vegas Golden Knights were offering a free 5th round pick to any team willing to take David Clarkson's contract. He has 1 year remaining at 5.25m AAV(insured: 3.25m dollars with a 2.25m signing bonus).

Reactions: MarkT

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto

According to Friedman Clarkson's contract was offered at the draft with a 5th round pick as a compensation. No wonder he didn't get traded.

Elliotte Friedman discusses Bobrovsky/Panarin's future, the Flames and RFAs - Sportsnet.ca

19:40 mark Elliotte Friedman says that the Vegas Golden Knights were offering a free 5th round pick to any team willing to take David Clarkson's contract. He has 1 year remaining at 5.25m AAV(insured: 3.25m dollars with a 2.25m signing bonus).

a 5th!!! What a joke, Marleau cost a 1st.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Interesting...:laugh:

Sandler - laughing cereal.gif

Reactions: Gatorbait19

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

Hahahaha a free 5th...

It's crazy no one bit on that :laugh:

Reactions: arun

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Don't look now, but the team with the second-highest payroll in the NHL behind the cap-destroying Golden Knights? The Arizona Coyotes.

Of course they only have one more key RFA left to sign (Crouse) so that's probably why. But still, they only got $2 million or so in cap space. That's a lot of money for what looks like a pretty mediocre team.

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Sooooooo... with 31 Thoughts basically torpedoing the Avs' chances at anyone we thought they were looking at, umm, maybe, I mean, what about... Duchene? Don't throw rotten fruit at me!

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Sooooooo... with 31 Thoughts basically torpedoing the Avs' chances at anyone we thought they were looking at, umm, maybe, I mean, what about... Duchene? Don't throw rotten fruit at me!

Just don't think that's happening. Both Montreal and Nashville will likely be making better pitches, and I still wouldn't rule out him returning to Columbus. I think it'd take a BIG offer for him to come back, and I don't think there' much, if any, desire by either side to bring him back.

Reactions: viherpeukalo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad