Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXX|6'3" or You Don't Exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
With Karlsson and Nyquist possibly leaving SJ, I wonder if Pavelski takes a hard look at a better opportunity for the cup.

Offer him a 2 year $9-10m/year deal that SJ may not want to match. Would be excellent transition to any 2c we draft.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
With Karlsson and Nyquist possibly leaving SJ, I wonder if Pavelski takes a hard look at a better opportunity for the cup.

Offer him a 2 year $9-10m/year deal that SJ may not want to match. Would be excellent transition to any 2c we draft.

NOT a centre..

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I shiver every time I think about the Flyers signing Hayes for $7mx6. Everything they've built, torn down with one panic signing. Go into this season with Couts, Patrick, Frost, Laughton down the middle. Make the playoffs, maybe win a round and then the next season the window opens to be contenders after the young guys all have an extra year under them.

A flyers fans take on Hayes and I sort of maybe agree but Im not sure.
What if someone better becomes available and we cant afford them.

Or if in 3 years we have a 7m 3rd line C. I remember when we were scared of Sodas contract in the dark days.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A flyers fans take on Hayes and I sort of maybe agree but Im not sure.
What if someone better becomes available and we cant afford them.

Or if in 3 years we have a 7m 3rd line C. I remember when we were scared of Sodas contract in the dark days.

A) We're not the flyers, we were a top 6er (or two) away from the WCFs
B) 7x6 is an absolute nightmare scenario. People in favor of Hayes are suggesting #s like 7x4, 6.5x5, a little more than Nelson's 6x6.
C) If we have a good enough 2c to knock Hayes down to the 3c in 3 years, that'll be awesome.
D) If someone better becomes available then we add them and have amazing C depth, if we don't have the cap space to do so then we'll have tradeable salary to move unless Joe f***s up really bad with our remaining cap space, EJ has fallen off the face of the earth, and Hayes had an unpredictable injury.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Panthers haven't been an attractive destination for FAs since the Jokinen days.

Bertuzzi on piano be like:

tumblr_m4ng4pCw6R1rvfikno1_500.gif

Reactions: Avsboy

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Paying 7 million dollars to an NHL 2nd line center when the cap is going to be around $83 million dollars is not a problem. Losing in game 7 of the 2nd round of the playoffs because you only have 1 contributing NHL forward line is a problem.

The Avs could draft Turcotte and in 2 years have Mackinnon, Hayes, Turcotte and I still would not be worried. Do you really want to rely on Soda and Jost if goodness forbid Mackinnon gets hurt?

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Paying 7 million dollars to an NHL 2nd line center when the cap is going to be around $83 million dollars is not a problem. Losing in game 7 of the 2nd round of the playoffs because you only have 1 contributing NHL forward line is a problem.

The Avs could draft Turcotte and in 2 years have Mackinnon, Hayes, Turcotte and I still would not be worried. Do you really want to rely on Soda and Jost if goodness forbid Mackinnon gets hurt?
It's not like Hayes is our only option. Personally if he gets that high or wants excessive term Id look to trade for a center instead.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
It's not like Hayes is our only option. Personally if he gets that high or wants excessive term Id look to trade for a center instead.

Exactly. I am not saying it is Hayes or bust, but Hayes for anything with a 6 is a great option for a 2C. Unless one falls into the Avs lap.

Reactions: avsfan09

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Out of curiosity, what are the Avs going to be trading in order to get a clear upgrade on Soderberg at 2C (I won't say Jost because I don't believe he'll end up being in the discussion at that spot)?

Teams don't typically give away 2C's (Buffalo and Colorado aside, with regards to ROR). So we'd either be looking at some sort of unproven player in that position (of which we have an abundance of that), someone who's out of place in that role (of which we have an abundance of that), or an overpaid (and likely aging/declining) answer.

Now I'm not necessarily saying that it's "Hayes or bust", but there has to be consideration given to what it would cost the Avs to acquire someone if they feel that a Hayes contract is not in their best interest.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Out of curiosity, what are the Avs going to be trading in order to get a clear upgrade on Soderberg at 2C (I won't say Jost because I don't believe he'll end up being in the discussion at that spot)?

Teams don't typically give away 2C's (Buffalo and Colorado aside, with regards to ROR). So we'd either be looking at some sort of unproven player in that position (of which we have an abundance of that), someone who's out of place in that role (of which we have an abundance of that), or an overpaid (and likely aging/declining) answer.

Now I'm not necessarily saying that it's "Hayes or bust", but there has to be consideration given to what it would cost the Avs to acquire someone if they feel that a Hayes contract is not in their best interest.

Barrie....Barrie...Barrie.....

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Barrie....Barrie...Barrie.....

I wish we could just do the long rumored Barrie for RNH swap, but idk if the Oilers do that and we may have to add.

Would love to get Trocheck, but I don’t want to give up 4oa for him and not sure the panthers would trade him. If possible, I’d trade Barrie + 16oa for Tro in an instant.

Would also do Barrie + 16oa for William Karlsson.

Would kick the tires on Getzlaf (hopefully include some retention). Not sure I’d do 16oa straight up for him. Would be definitely love to do a 16oa + Kaut for Getzlaf and Rakell but not sure if that’s enough.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
The only player I would trade Barrie for is Nylander. Nylander should be a center, he would be the Avs best player at faceoffs (55% last year, over 50 the year before) and he has a 2C contract. He is young, and he just signed his deal.

Reactions: milehigh11

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The only player I would trade Barrie for is Nylander. Nylander should be a center, he would be the Avs best player at faceoffs (55% last year, over 50 the year before) and he has a 2C contract. He is young, and he just signed his deal.

He’s not the only player I’d trade him for, but would certainly do that.

Reactions: milehigh11

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
In line with my Pavelski idea from yesterday...if the Nyquist, Karlsson and possibly Pavelski leave, do the sharks commit to the rebuild?

If so, what’s the ask on Couture. I’d love to have him, but he’s about to have his 8x8 extension kick in and he’s about to turn 30.

Would gladly give Barrie + 16oa for that I think. I mean if we’re about to get locked into a 6-8 year deal for similar money with Barrie, I’d rather give that to Couture.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I wish we could just do the long rumored Barrie for RNH swap, but idk if the Oilers do that and we may have to add.

Would love to get Trocheck, but I don’t want to give up 4oa for him and not sure the panthers would trade him. If possible, I’d trade Barrie + 16oa for Tro in an instant.

Would also do Barrie + 16oa for William Karlsson.

Would kick the tires on Getzlaf (hopefully include some retention). Not sure I’d do 16oa straight up for him. Would be definitely love to do a 16oa + Kaut for Getzlaf and Rakell but not sure if that’s enough.

The Avs would not be adding to Barrie to get RNH.

And that would be a horrible 1-for-1 trade shout it happen.

Every Barrie proposal in this post is...well, none of them are good.

Reactions: Y3TI

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Skinner looks to be a max term 9M AAV contract.

Should put some perspective into contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad