Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXIII|Why You Guys Post So Much!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Cool, so he calls the secretary to make the calls.

And now you move the goal posts. Obviously Sakic has final say, but to put blame on Sakic for Francouz not getting called up is horse ****.
..What are you even on about? Lol. All I said was I think the GM has final say about a player being called up or sent down, I never blamed Sakic for anything.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
..What are you even on about? Lol. All I said was I think the GM has final say about a player being called up or sent down, I never blamed Sakic for anything.

You interjected on that exact situation. Avsjost98 said it was on Sakic, I suggested that was not the case and continued on that. Sakic makes the final call with the input of Bednar and the staff. Also, can you point out what NHL team has 3 goaltenders on their roster at the moment?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
You interjected on that exact situation. Avsjost98 said it was on Sakic, I suggested that was not the case and continued on that. Sakic makes the final call with the input of Bednar and the staff. Also, can you point out what NHL team has 3 goaltenders on their roster at the moment?
I don't care, you're sucking me into a debate I have no interest in having. All I said was the GM has the final say on who comes up and down, that's it.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Then why are you trying to draw me in to arguing about carrying 3 goaltenders and saying I'm moving goal posts? I said it in the beginning and I've repeated it numerous times, Sakic has final say. Just stop.

The final say isn't on one person. There are a lot of factors that go into that say.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
EuphoricFrayedGeese-small.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I like the idea of adding Cale Morris too, but they also have Werner that they may bring over. I don't see them running with two AHL rookies as their tandem next year. So maybe they bring in an AHL vet for Morris, and put Werner in the ECHL to start?

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I like the idea of adding Cale Morris too, but they also have Werner that they may bring over. I don't see them running with two AHL rookies as their tandem next year. So maybe they bring in an AHL vet for Morris, and put Werner in the ECHL to start?

As a Notre Dame fan don’t crush my dream! :sarcasm:

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC

At what point is it more beneficial to leave him in Sweden?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
At what point is it more beneficial to leave him in Sweden?
I guess if they do bring in Morris they can leave him in Sweden, he's doing pretty well there and there isn't much harm I can see, but getting used to NA hockey is something he'll need to do anyway. He didn't wow in his AHL tryout last year, but he's also progressed some. It depends on how they see Werner I guess, but either way I don't see them using both in the AHL next year, not with their commitment/investment in making the Eagles competitive.

Reactions: Barklez

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
This is the type of expectations that aren’t good for Makar...
My expectations is a solid top 4 D next season, nothing outrageous about that. Makar is not some baby faced teenager who requires AHL time or sheltered minutes. He will be 21 once the season begins in his D+3 year. Very few players have been as good as Cale in the NCAA at a similar age. If guys like Butcher, who was worse in the NCAA, can make a seamless transition to the NHL then there is no reason not to expect that from Makar.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
My expectations is a solid top 4 D next season, nothing outrageous about that. Makar is not some baby faced teenager who requires AHL time or sheltered minutes. He will be 21 once the season begins in his D+3 year. Very few players have been as good as Cale in the NCAA at a similar age. If guys like Butcher, who was worse in the NCAA, can make a seamless transition to the NHL then there is no reason not to expect that from Makar.

Butcher isn’t something I’d want to compare Makar too...

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Butcher is nothing special tbh, but he made the jump from the NCAA quite easily despite being clearly worse than Makar.

Butcher is also older, more experienced and fills a much more limited role than what you are asking of Makar to deliver as a rookie. As Butcher still isn't close to being a solid top 4 blueliner. I would certainly agree that Cale should be able to make the jump smoothly in a role similar to Butcher's...on the third pairing with ol Ian Cole...but that's not what your stated expectation for him is.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Id sign Varly 3 years and Frank 2 years. Draft Knight. Trade or wave Gru. If in 2 years the boys arnt doin great we can aquire a starter and varly can back up for a year. Trade or buy out EJ before expansion. Our defense is gonna be pretty low cost so we could probably afford a high priced goalie tandem one year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad