Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XXII|6 Days Until Minor AHL Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Man if NSH gets Duchene, thats worst case scenario for the Avs. Ott could take on either Bonino or Turris and NSH would easily resign Duchy. They'd be a power house for years and really not harm their chance of resigning Josi if they could clear some cap off the books.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Random, no reason to believe he’s availabke other than Duck fans’ speculation, but if he does become available this offseason...I really want Cam Fowler. Would be such a fantastic addition to the left side.

The Avs have plenty of offensive Dmen and he would be crazy expensive. I don't see it.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Man if NSH gets Duchene, thats worst case scenario for the Avs. Ott could take on either Bonino or Turris and NSH would easily resign Duchy. They'd be a power house for years and really not harm their chance of resigning Josi if they could clear some cap off the books.

I'm not too worried about it. I've been expecting him to sign there next year for a while now.

If they pay him 8m+ a year for 7 years, that is going to hurt them in a couple years.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Lebrun said that a lot of teams are still complaining about how crazy the asking prices are. Gonna be an interesting next few days.

I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL if barely any trades happened because sellers were too stingy and buyers were too scarce. A lot of good rentals could end up not being moved.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I'm not too worried about it. I've been expecting him to sign there next year for a while now.

If they pay him 8m+ a year for 7 years, that is going to hurt them in a couple years.

It aligns perfectly with the teams window, if they can get Ott to take one of their centers it makes the cap super easy and it would make them a HUGE pain for the Avs to get past as well. If Duchene was to take a home town discount, it'd be there.

It'd take the best team in the central and fix their current biggest issue. Really hoping for the Avs sake he doesn't go there. I'd be super happy for Duchy though

Reactions: AvsFan29

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If Ottawa doesn't unload or sign Duchene / Stone, it would be a huge problem.

They are last place with em and at this point it'll all be up to the lotto. It'd be hilarious and not surprising if they lost them for nothing.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It aligns perfectly with the teams window, if they can get Ott to take one of their centers it makes the cap super easy and it would make them a HUGE pain for the Avs to get past as well. If Duchene was to take a home town discount, it'd be there.

It'd take the best team in the central and fix their current biggest issue. Really hoping for the Avs sake he doesn't go there. I'd be super happy for Duchy though

I'm really not too worried about Duchene on Nashville to be honest.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Chances of Turris going back to Ottawa are less than zero.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Chances of Turris going back to Ottawa are less than zero.

Its a funny thought, him being stuck there and while I don't think he has trade protection I agree with you, but Bonino is a possibility. Anything to clear some cap from NSH and give it to OTT.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Him not being on Ottawa for the rest of the year makes up for it

They're already in last place, at this point all that matters is lotto luck. Duchene on NSH long term could really cause problems for the Avs.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
They're already in last place, at this point all that matters is lotto luck. Duchene on NSH long term could really cause problems for the Avs.
Better chance of staying there without Duchene. I agree it's not ideal to have him on Nashville.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I honestly expect Duchene will sign will NSH, they'll unload some salaries ie. Bonino and Turris to work him onto the team. Subban is likely gone in a few more years to open even more space. They'll be stronger even after the moves to free up salary. NSH window is good for possibly 5 years, but they have little prospects in their system.

However, the AVs are still 2-3 years away from contending. Sakic has done well in rebuilding the prospects and the team is still young. AVs are built for the future, the 2017/18 season is a sample of the potential...even though they've declined this season. A few trades ie. Barrie, Zadorov etc., 2019 Draft and another year of development of their prospects; soon the AVs could be a really good team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Put me in with the bunch that is not all that enamored with either Fabbro or Tolvanen. Not to mention that Fabbro can pick a spot he will play in by opting to finish his degree and becoming a UFA. I think the Sens can do way better elsewhere.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I honestly expect Duchene will sign will NSH, they'll unload some salaries ie. Bonino and Turris to work him onto the team. Subban is likely gone in a few more years to open even more space. They'll be stronger even after the moves to free up salary. NSH window is good for possibly 5 years, but they have little prospects in their system.

However, the AVs are still 2-3 years away from contending. Sakic has done well in rebuilding the prospects and the team is still young. AVs are built for the future, the 2017/18 season is a sample of the potential...even though they've declined this season. A few trades ie. Barrie, Zadorov etc., 2019 Draft and another year of development of their prospects; soon the AVs could be a really good team.

:laugh:

Yeah sure, a team going for it will move one of their best players for cap space :laugh:

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Put me in with the bunch that is not all that enamored with either Fabbro or Tolvanen. Not to mention that Fabbro can pick a spot he will play in by opting to finish his degree and becoming a UFA. I think the Sens can do way better elsewhere.

Probably the most overrated prospect I've seen in a long time. People were saying he should've gone top-3. Still going to be a really good player, but people got carried away after his KHL season.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I say Nashville should go hard: Duchene AND Stone for Tolvanen, Fabbro, 1st and a conditional 1st for either player resigning.

Use Grubauer as an offset in a deal for Quick in the off season.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Use Grubauer as an offset in a deal for Quick in the off season.

Guy has four more years in his contract with a cap hit of a 5,8 million and has played because of his injuries just 111 games in last three seasons. Better sign Varly than trade for Quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad