Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVIII|Team Snowflake vs. Team Snowball

Which team are you on!?!?!?!?!???!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I wish failure for that franchise because of their fans. The way those smug, arrogant fans talked down to us during the Duchene fiasco made me wish nothing but failure for the rest of time.

If Tavares signed with a division rival of ours I still would have been happier than if he remained on the Island.
If both NY franchises and their fanbases could disappear from the NHL that’d be great.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I wish failure for that franchise because of their fans. The way those smug, arrogant fans talked down to us during the Duchene fiasco made me wish nothing but failure for the rest of time.

If Tavares signed with a division rival of ours I still would have been happier than if he remained on the Island.
:laugh: Damn, looks like I missed out. I mostly ignored all the Duchene chatter.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Landeskog Mackinnon Rantanen
Panarin Huges Kakko
Draisaitl Duchene Stone
Radulov Larkin Bourque

Reactions: cgf

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Pass in that case.

Not Ottawa 1st levels of significant but Martin Kaut/Shane Bowers type of significant.

There's a large gap between Prov and Cale. Even with his struggles this year(And it's highly inaccurate to say it's his fault the Flyers are bad) Provorov was a legit #1 last year and at U23 hes got one hell of a future. Very few Dmen in the league I'd value higher than him right now. Very few.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It’s not his fault, there’s many contributing factors, but he is their horse on D and when he is not playing well that whole unit looks like crap.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not Ottawa 1st levels of significant but Martin Kaut/Shane Bowers type of significant.

There's a large gap between Prov and Cale. Even with his struggles this year(And it's highly inaccurate to say it's his fault the Flyers are bad) Provorov was a legit #1 last year and at U23 hes got one hell of a future. Very few Dmen in the league I'd value higher than him right now. Very few.

Jones, Mcavoy, and Dahlin are probably the only young dmen I’d rank ahead of him.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

I know, but we're in no position to be trading multiple high end futures for one. We don't even know how Makar will translate yet, he could become better than Provorov.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I know, but we're in no position to be trading multiple high end futures for one. We don't even know how Makar will translate yet, he could become better than Provorov.

I’d try to get Provorov without using Makar. A Provorov-Makar future pairing makes me tingly inside.

Regardless Provorov isn’t getting traded so this really isn’t realistic.

Reactions: Patagonia and Meeqs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He does. It's crazy how both Provorov and Werenski have regressed after stellar starts at very young age.

Don’t think there is anything that weird about it... more responsibilities and more tape on them. Teams start figuring out how to play against them effectively. Happens with many young players and especially defensemen. Development isn’t usually linear.

Some players rebound and find ways to clean up their games. Some don’t. EJ is a good example of one who never really rebounded, but eventually still turned into a very solid defensemen.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Don’t think there is anything that weird about it... more responsibilities and more tape on them. Teams start figuring out how to play against them effectively. Happens with many young players and especially defensemen. Development isn’t usually linear.

Some players rebound and find ways to clean up their games. Some don’t. EJ is a good example of one who never really rebounded, but eventually still turned into a very solid defensemen.
Ghost too, he's struggling hard this year.

Even our own Girard doesn't have the same magic touch he did last year. I think both will figure things out though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It’s not his fault, there’s many contributing factors, but he is their horse on D and when he is not playing well that whole unit looks like crap.

That's fair. But I think it's a situation where that entire team has just massively under performed this year with it mostly stemming from Goaltending again. And it's very hard for one single player to play well when every other important piece is playing really badly. The Avs in 16/17 are a good comparison to that when pretty much every core player we had was playing poorly. For me I dont have any doubts at all that the Provorov we saw last year is the real Provorov going forward and not the one from this year. He still has 20G, 50+ point potential while being very, very strong defensively in my books. Norris winning upside.

Jones, Mcavoy, and Dahlin are probably the only young dmen I’d rank ahead of him.

I wouldn't even take McAvoy before him and I think he'll be right alongside Jones in a couple years from now. I've got Dahlin as the only u23 Dman definitely ahead of him.

That's fair. I'd try and get him using another future piece instead honestly but I dont think we'd have any success with that. They'd be wanting a true blue chipper for him and that's Makar from us.

I'd move the Ottawa 1st before Makar. Just think about this Defense for a second if we moved say Ottawa 1st + Timmins + as a basis for him.

Provorov - EJ
Girard - Barrie
Zadorov - Makar

With plans to move out EJ in the next year and Makar or Barrie slide up into his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad