Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVIII|Team Snowflake vs. Team Snowball

Which team are you on!?!?!?!?!???!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Lol you poor guy. I hope you get the blockbuster you deserve. On here every single day praying for a trade for like a year now lol.

Haha ikr.

Honestly if I am Sakic I see what teams would offer for Barrie at 50%. That'd allow any contending team to add him to their roster and have a giant impact this year and next. After what Muzzin got, Barrie at 50% could be 4 really strong pieces.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'd move the Ottawa 1st before Makar. Just think about this Defense for a second if we moved say Ottawa 1st + Timmins + as a basis for him.

Provorov - EJ
Girard - Barrie
Zadorov - Makar

With plans to move out EJ in the next year and Makar or Barrie slide up into his spot.

Drool worthy...

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I’d rather Provorov than all of them except for maybe Heiskanen.

Provorov will end up somewhere between EJ and Pietrangelo (absolute best case scenario). A solid top pairing dman. Maybe a #1, maybe a #2.

Chabot has elite defenseman written all over him for quite some time now, he's a tier above Provorov.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Don’t think there is anything that weird about it... more responsibilities and more tape on them. Teams start figuring out how to play against them effectively. Happens with many young players and especially defensemen. Development isn’t usually linear.

Some players rebound and find ways to clean up their games. Some don’t. EJ is a good example of one who never really rebounded, but eventually still turned into a very solid defensemen.

I think a lot of it is hype too. When fans get super excited about a player they see them with rose colored glasses. Look at Graves this year, fans get super excited but if he were to stay on the team in a year he'd get the same treatment as Nemeth.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Haha ikr.

Honestly if I am Sakic I see what teams would offer for Barrie at 50%. That'd allow any contending team to add him to their roster and have a giant impact this year and next. After what Muzzin got, Barrie at 50% could be 4 really strong pieces.
Why would you want to trade our best defenseman?

Reactions: cgf

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Worth for a year or 2 until you have to trade them because of lack of opportunity and cap concerns.

The NHL isn't designed to have 6 top 4 guys long term. Get the best combination of players you can get for their roles.

EJ should be moved out in a year or two anyway and theres a pretty decent chance Zadorov is what he is at this point also.

It's not unrealistic at all to think the Avs could keep Provorov, Makar, Girard, Barrie, and Zadorov around for 5-6 years.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Provorov will end up somewhere between EJ and Pietrangelo (absolute best case scenario). A solid top pairing dman. Maybe a #1, maybe a #2.

Chabot has elite defenseman written all over him for quite some time now, he's a tier above Provorov.

Chabot=Letang
Provorov=Petro

Can’t go wrong with either and both are definitely 1D’s but I’d rather have Provorov.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
EJ should be moved out in a year or two anyway and theres a pretty decent chance Zadorov is what he is at this point also.

It's not unrealistic at all to think the Avs could keep Provorov, Makar, Girard, Barrie, and Zadorov around for 5-6 years.

1) I don't think Provorov is available so no reason to really spend much time discussing it

2) I don't think there is any scenario in which it makes sense to not trade Barrie.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I guess I'm not as high on Provorov as others. If I could have any young D in the league he'd be towards the bottom with Dahlin, Jones, McAvoy, Chabot, Hesikanen ahead of him.

Reactions: Balthazar

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
1) I don't think Provorov is available so no reason to really spend much time discussing it

2) I don't think there is any scenario in which it makes sense to not trade Barrie.

I dont think theres any scenario that makes sense to trade Barrie. Why trade your teams best and most valuable Dman, who also happens to be your franchise players best friend?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I guess I'm not as high on Provorov as others. If I could have any young D in the league he'd be towards the bottom with Dahlin, Jones, McAvoy, Chabot, Hesikanen ahead of him.
Yeah I agree. I like Provorov but he doesn’t touch the others you just listed.

If I could add any defenseman in the NHL it’s Seth.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I’ve been crazy high on him since his D-1 year and is who I wanted the Avs to draft. Ahead of everyone not named McDavid or Eichel.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

The way I see it:

Dahlin = tier 1 "franchise player"
Jones - Chabot - Heiskanen = tier 2 "elite defenseman"
McAvoy - Provorov = tier 3 "top pairing defenseman"

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Tbh I forgot about Heiskanen. But Chabot and McAvoy dont come close to Provorov for me.

I mean he scored 17 goals in the league as a 20/21 year old and was the #1Dman playing 25+ minutes a night on a playoff team.

That's just so rare to see.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I dont think theres any scenario that makes sense to trade Barrie. Why trade your teams best and most valuable Dman, who also happens to be your franchise players best friend?

1) He's redundant at his position, someone will need to be moved and he by far is the most obvious choice.
2) He will be overpaid in a year, if not flat out walk.
3) The Avs could really use the return for him to fill holes elsewhere. Its because he is so good that we should trade him.
4) Keeping him causes ED issues.

Any 1 of those reasons should be enough to move him and there are 4. Barrie is a luxury at this point for the Avs and not a need. Its been talked about to death, feel free to disagree with me but I will be flat out shocked if Barrie is on the Avs at the start of next year. That's all I'll post on the matter of what they should do. I will talk about potential moves for him though.

Reactions: Iceberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad