Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVIII|Team Snowflake vs. Team Snowball

Which team are you on!?!?!?!?!???!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
People harping on secondary scoring as a hole on this team then saying we should move our largest source of secondary scoring to fill out the 2nd line is very confusing to me. This team needs Barrie, the cap is going up along with contract numbers pay good players what they're worth.

Reactions: cgf

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
People harping on secondary scoring as a hole on this team then saying we should move our largest source of secondary scoring to fill out the 2nd line is very confusing to me. This team needs Barrie, the cap is going up along with contract numbers pay good players what they're worth.

We are Colorado Avalanche fans.

If the actual team isn’t actively trying to trade away one of our best players, we most certainly always are.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
It’s a numbers game. We have so many defenseman that we should trade the best one we have.

Nemo and Barbs, you’re safe! We’re only getting rid of the best ones!

I would take literally anything for Nemo and Barbs just to get them out of the lineup. Should start the tank to try and get the 1st and 2nd picks.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's a bit pointless to compare Makar to young defenders that's been in the NHL 2-3 years (and looking good there). Only arena where he can look good in comparison is the NHL.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Wasn't Pietrangelo rumored to be available?! I mean, why woudn't the Blues be interested in a younger top pairing offensive dman that lead his team in ice time and a number of other categories + high pick(s)?

Would STL trade him in the division though? I mean really what top pairing guys are available? Maybe 1? And there’s a reason why that number is so low.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
At least you're consistent with your opinion then. I disagree, but to each their own.

Johnson played like a low end #1 at times, he is more like a solid #2 (was starting to play like that again before his latest injury).

Barrie is an elite offensive dman that is bellow average defensively, better suited for the second pair.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Would STL trade him in the division though? I mean really what top pairing guys are available? Maybe 1? And there’s a reason why that number is so low.

My point is that we can't possible know what kind of a trade Sakic wil be looking for once he decides to trade Barrie.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Johnson played like a low end #1 at times, he is more like a solid #2 (was starting to play like that again before his latest injury).

Barrie is an elite offensive dman that is bellow average defensively, better suited for the second pair.

Let’s hope Joe can take advantage of some GMs that share this antiquated view of blueliners.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Erik Karlsson
Brent Burns
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Kris Letang
Dougie Hamilton
John Klingberg

Just listing a few more elite offensive Defenders that are below average defensively. Are they also all 2nd pairing Defenders?

Reactions: dahrougem2

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I don't think EJ was ever really more than a 2... which is what I think Barrie is. He is a possession driving, offensive defensemen that can log 22+ minutes. He can't carry a pairing, but put with an equal player, they'd form a pretty solid top pairing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

oduHDvl.gif

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'll be pretty surprised if Barrie is traded. Unlike Duchene or ROR before they were dealt there's been zero chatter around him the past year plus.

I fully expect him to re-up here, and a select few here screaming for Sakics head :laugh:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'll be pretty surprised if Barrie is traded. Unlike Duchene or ROR before they were dealt there's been zero chatter around him the past year plus.

I fully expect him to re-up here, and a select few here screaming for Sakics head :laugh:

Yeah there has been 0 Barrie trade talk since Roy left. Seems likely he’s gonna stay especially considering he seems like a big locker room guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad