Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVIII|Team Snowflake vs. Team Snowball

Which team are you on!?!?!?!?!???!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Barrie's already making $5.5M. It's not going to break the cap giving him a raise. Only issue is what term you give a 28 year old guy.

Reactions: cgf

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
1. EJ is by far the most obvious choice... regressing, future bad contract, more ED issues
2. His demands will be market value, which he will be worth
3. We finally have a top pairing offensive defensemen for the first time since the glory days... TRADE HIM!
4. EJ is the bigger ED issue. Out of the group, Barrie is the clearest one to keep. Z is at best a 4/5 with an unknown future. Girard is developing. EJ is regressing. Makar doesn't have to be exposed if they are smart.

Only on HF is a top 10 offensive defensemen redundant...

EJ fills a different role than Barrie. So I don't view them as equitable.

"Market value" for UFAs is never worth it, they are overpaid 99% of the time.

I've stated the reasons why its sensible to move him.

If you think the Avs should or should not move EJ, its a separate topic than Barrie imo.

Also due to contract status it is very likely Barrie will be moved just as it is unlikely EJ is.

Reactions: Iceberg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think Barrie ends up signing for less than people expect and I think it happens this July. He's worth up to 8M no doubt but it wouldn't surprise me to see him take 6.5-7.0M on a 7 year deal. He's a core member of this team and I think he's done a lot of maturing since his last go round with negotiations.

I really think the core of this team(Landy, Mack, Rants, Barrie, and EJ) have a bit of a chip on there shoulders ever since the debacle season where they're even hungrier to win a cup together after the shot they went through that season.

Its enough that I think all of them take discounts to stay together and see this thing through to the end and try to prove everyone wrong that doubted this group.

We'll see what happens.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm sure Dater would trade Barrie at the TDL for an un-signed EK.

No joke I listened to him today on a NYR podcast and he wouldn't shut up about a Barrie/Hayes swap. He even went so far as saying Barrie + Soderberg for Hayes before he stopped himself :facepalm: He's not helping Rangers fans rediculous expectations.

As for trading Barrie, there's what the Avs should do, and there's what the Avs management actually ends up doing. I'll be surprised if Barrie is in Colorado come training camp. I'd personally try to keep him and trade his ass if/when Makar and Girard prove themselves, but I don't think a Barrie extension happens with the Avs. I think he's gone in the summer.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
No joke I listened to him today on a NYR podcast and he wouldn't shut up about a Barrie/Hayes swap. He even went so far as saying Barrie + Soderberg for Hayes before he stopped himself :facepalm: He's not helping Rangers fans rediculous expectations.

As for trading Barrie, there's what the Avs should do, and there's what the Avs management actually ends up doing. I'll be surprised if Barrie is in Colorado come training camp. I'd personally try to keep him and trade his ass if/when Makar and Girard prove themselves, but I don't think a Barrie extension happens with the Avs. I think he's gone in the summer.
Adrian Dater would trade Nathan MacKinnon for Jonathan Toews if he was given an opportunity to do so.

Appreciate him covering the team, but he knows literally nothing about the game of hockey.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Adrian Dater would trade Nathan MacKinnon for Jonathan Toews if he was given an opportunity to do so.

Appreciate him covering the team, but he knows literally nothing about the game of hockey.
I think that's a bit harsh dude has been around hockey since 95 and followed the game before that. He's a bit slow to adjust opinions to the games changes, and his evaluations are pretty bad, but he knows the game.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think that's a bit harsh dude has been around hockey since 95 and followed the game before that. He's a bit slow to adjust opinions to the games changes, and his evaluations are pretty bad, but he knows the game.
Listen to him when he speaks. It's unbearable. He sounds like someone that has just recently been introduced to the game and he truly has zero grasp on what makes someone a great player.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

He is a fantastic beat reporter, when it comes to his job he is great. He does have some of the worst hockey opinions I have ever seen though haha. Which is why they need AJ to pair with him for it to work.

Reactions: rozier24

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
So we’re gonna get rid of an elite player for unproven or worse players? Makes sense.

Why cant we trade him for a top 6 winger?

I want my defensemen to actually be able to play defense first. Scoring is secondary.

Barrie is horrendous defensively. I can't get the image of Tkachuk abusing Barrie that led to 2 goals.

Barrie, Girard and Makar on the same group? Lord help us.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Dater's an idiot. Dude is a great writer though.

I got halfway through his 'Saved by Roy' book before Roy rage quit and I threw it in the trash :laugh:

Dater excels with stories of the glory days, and he's still the best source for Avs insider info. But man do I long for a Russo/Portz type reporter to cover the Avs.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I got halfway through his 'Saved by Roy' book before Roy rage quit and I threw it in the trash :laugh:

Dater excels with stories of the glory days, and he's still the best source for Avs insider info. But man do I long for a Russo/Portz type reporter to cover the Avs.
Yep. I never read Saved by Roy, seemed like it'd be a crappy one. Blood Feud is fantastic though and when he takes his time he can write really good articles.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Why cant we trade him for a top 6 winger?

I want my defensemen to actually be able to play defense first. Scoring is secondary.

Barrie is horrendous defensively. I can't get the image of Tkachuk abusing Barrie that led to 2 goals.

Barrie, Girard and Makar on the same group? Lord help us.
Because he probably outscores any of the top-6 wingers he is traded for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad