Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XVI| Why No Trades!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Can we get a 2nd line player we would want for Varly? I don’t see Joe making a deal for Varly since he seems to be paranoid about having enough goalies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I mean, what else is he supposed to say?

The same ol' "not thinking about this right now, concentrating on hockey, we'll see at the end of the year" that every pending UFA say at this time of the year?

Reactions: Hornstar

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
"Banged up" to me means you're playing with some bumps and bruises, but nothing serious. Injured means you're hurt bad enough to not play
Banged up means you miss practice and will be the backup for the next game which is what it currently is. Francouz is next door and earning NHL money in the AHL. They can recall him for petty reasons.

Varly isn't getting traded now.

Reactions: MacBradley

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

What's the point of tagging me in this? This literally means absolutely nothing.

The same ol' "not thinking about this right now, concentrating on hockey, we'll see at the end of the year" that every pending UFA say at this time of the year?

:laugh:

Yeah, cause John Tavares signed with the Islanders last year after telling management not to trade him at the deadline because he wanted to stay long term, right?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah, cause John Tavares signed with the Islanders last year after telling management not to trade him at the deadline because he wanted to stay long term, right?

Tavares wanted to leave and didn't want to talk contract during the hockey season. Doesn't appear to be the case with Stone is it? He openly wants to negotiate with the Sens and that's big news.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Tavares wanted to leave and didn't want to talk contract during the hockey season. Doesn't appear to be the case with Stone is it? He openly wants to negotiate with the Sens and that's big news.

If you wanna be naive enough to take the word of what he says in the media then go for it. This literally means nothing and even Sens fans themselves are all acknowledging that over on there boards.

Also, whats the point in lying? Tavares willing to take contract talks into season

I still fail to see why I was tagged in this to begin with.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
WTF? If you’re Ottawa and you want to show your best player how badly you want him around wouldn’t you at least touch base with his agent at 12:01 and preach how badly you want to get the ball running?

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Can we get a 2nd line player we would want for Varly? I don’t see Joe making a deal for Varly since he seems to be paranoid about having enough goalies.

Pending UFA. Often injured. Playing poorly recently.
How many teams want a rental goalie who is at best inconsistent and are willing to deal a good second liner for him?

Reactions: MacBradley

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
WTF? If you’re Ottawa and you want to show your best player how badly you want him around wouldn’t you at least touch base with his agent at 12:01 and preach how badly you want to get the ball running?

Yeah exactly, which is what Sens fans are saying as well.

If anything, the fact they haven't even spoken about anything yet and have no plans to for another 2-3 weeks would just further signal that this isn't going to happen.

Sens and Stone will engage in short talks out of good faith. Stone will quickly price himself out of Melnyk's budget and a trade will occur at the deadline. Stone will either sign with his new team almost immediately indicating he talked to the team before hand or he wont and then it'll be up to that acquiring team to show him over the next 2-3 months why he should stick around and not enter the market.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If you wanna be naive enough to take the word of what he says in the media then go for it. This literally means nothing and even Sens fans themselves are all acknowledging that over on there boards.

Also, whats the point in lying? Tavares willing to take contract talks into season

Did you really post a link from September? That's pretty dishonest isn't it? This was Dec/Jan like we are now:

Will John Tavares stay or go? As questions keep coming, Islanders star ups his game

As in months previous, Tavares said he's no closer to making a decision on his future with the franchise, preferring to focus on the season at hand.

Does it sound similar to "expects contract negotiations to begin in the next couple of weeks and hopes his time can continue in Ottawa" to you? Hint: No it doesn't.

Forceberg

Mar 9, 2012
It is time to trade Varly. This is his contract year and not even there he doesnt play well.
A 2nd liner would be great. Maybe a deal could be done with a 2nd and a b-level prospect?

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Varly to Philly for Simmonds.:sarcasm:

This is the kind of pending UFA for pending UFA trade that could work. However, it would have to be a playoff team for them to want Varly.

More importantly though, it's very doubtful that Sakic wants to trade him at this point.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
It is time to trade Varly. This is his contract year and not even there he doesnt play well.
A 2nd liner would be great. Maybe a deal could be done with a 2nd and a b-level prospect?

Agreed. Though I'd like to give Francouz a few more games in the NHL first. If he's as good as in his first game, then I'd have no problem running with Grubauer and Francouz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad