Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XIII| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
We have some pretty special hot takes on this board sometimes. Since he joined the league in 2010 Skinner is top 20 in goals scored amongst all players across that timeframe, and 8th in total even strength goals — behind Ovechkin, Kane, Stamkos, Perry, Tavares, Kessel, and Marchand. He’s 26 years old.

But please, tell me more about how comparable he is to the 24 year old with 20 NHL goals total rocking a 23.4% shooting percentage.

Reactions: Murzu

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I’ve always liked Zibanejad and would offer quite a bit for him. Ranger fans are pretty wild in player evaluations though, yesterday they were contemplating whether the Ottawa 1st would be a fair return for Hayes.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
We have some pretty special hot takes on this board sometimes. Since he joined the league in 2010 Skinner is top 20 in goals scored amongst all players across that timeframe, and 8th in total even strength goals — behind Ovechkin, Kane, Stamkos, Perry, Tavares, Kessel, and Marchand. He’s 26 years old.

But please, tell me more about how comparable he is to the 24 year old with 20 NHL goals total rocking a 23.4% shooting percentage.

If he was so elite and as good as you say he wouldn't have been traded for 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Do you think any of those other players would be traded for that package?

Reactions: New Scotlander

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If he was so elite and as good as you say he wouldn't have been traded for 2nd and 3rd round picks.

As if he had a way to force the Canes to move him to a certain location, heavily limiting the return.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
That's why it would be great if we somehow land Stone in a trade.

The dream acquisition for me.

Size, scoring, leadership, right handed shot, elite two-way ability.

I know I sound like a broken record, but Stone is the perfect fit to elevate Jost and help him realize his potential.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Skinner is probably the most underrated player in the NHL... so many think he is a 2nd liner or worse. When he is really a top 20 goal scorer in the league and legit 1st line LW. I'll be surprised if he doesn't pop in 35g next to Eichel this year.

Reactions: Murzu

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Erik Karlsson must REALLY suck then to go for the return he warranted, am I right?

I mean, CLEARLY, Matt Duchene >>>>>> Erik Karlsson.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Isn’t Artemi Panarin on your list of “other players”?

Panarin isn’t actually any good. He was traded for a guy now healthy scratched. Based on your logic you agree, right?

Anyone now traded for a poor return clearly isn’t / wasn’t a good player? Jagr was traded for peanuts by the Pens so his amazing career is now invalidated, Luongo was traded for relative crap by Florida, Roy was traded to the Avs for a pretty poor deal so we should take him out of the record books cause clearly he actually sucked, then there’s Neely, and Thornton...all of these great careers defined as not so great because of what they returned in trades?

I can go on you know if you want to insist this is sound logic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokecheque

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Seriously??

Kerfoot
(24 years old, 832k salary)
2018- 79 GP, 19g, 24a, 43pts, -7 +/-
2019- 8 GP- 1g, 5a, 6pts, -2 +/-

Skinner
(26 years old, 6 million salary)
2018- 82 GP, 24g, 25a, 49 pts, -27 +/-
2019- 9 GP, 5g, 2a, 7pts, +8 +/-

So for a measly 5.5 million dollars more we could have a guy who had 6 more points and a -20 difference in plus/minus.

Yep. Good call man.
He got a flukey hat trick the other night , lol , Guess that is why he is being brought up again. Also Kerfoot can play center .

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017

Skinner is terribly bad defensively and is useless outsidevthe few goals he score. There is a reason Carolina wanted to give him away .
s

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Meh. Skinners decent but definitely being overrated here right now(And underrated by others)

You cant seriously tell me he's a top 20 goal scorer in the league right now. And using the last 8 years as a reference simply isn't fair considering the number of guys to enter the league since he did who are better scorers.

McDavid
Matthews
MacKinnon
Kucherov
Stamkos
Ovechkin
Laine
Pastrnak
Malkin
Kessel
Panarin
Pacioretty
Tavares
Boeser
Wheeler
Scheifele
Forsberg
Monahan
Benn
Seguin
Barkov
Kopitar
Hall
Patty Kane
Eric Staal
Marchand

I'm sorry but Skinner is not a better goal scorer then 7 different guys off that list.

And outside of scoring goals he doesn't add much else.

Skinner is a good 2nd liner but he's not more then that. And he's a good goal scorer because that's literally all he can do. He's not a good playmaker and so when he gets the puck he just shoots. There's many better goal scoeres in the league who simply dont shoot as much as him because they're creative in other ways as well. Guys like Kuznetsov, Giroux, Voracek etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: New Scotlander

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Meh. Skinners decent but definitely being overrated here right now(And underrated by others)

You cant seriously tell me he's a top 20 goal scorer in the league right now. And using the last 8 years as a reference simply isn't fair considering the number of guys to enter the league since he did who are better scorers.

McDavid
Matthews
MacKinnon
Kucherov
Stamkos
Ovechkin
Laine
Pastrnak
Malkin
Kessel
Panarin
Pacioretty
Tavares
Boeser
Wheeler
Scheifele
Forsberg
Monahan
Benn
Seguin
Barkov
Kopitar
Hall
Patty Kane
Eric Staal
Marchand

I'm sorry but Skinner is not a better goal scorer then 7 different guys off that list.

And outside of scoring goals he doesn't add much else.

He is not a better overall player than anyone on that list, true. But talking purely goal scoring ability? Going back to his first year to last year he's consistently in the top 15-20.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
He is not a better overall player than anyone on that list, true. But talking purely goal scoring ability? Going back to his first year to last year he's consistently in the top 15-20.
Nobody is denying he can score. It's literally the only thing he does . He is useless otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad