Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part XIII| Trade Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngblood29

Jul 3, 2018
13 Alexander Kerfoot - 17 Tyson Jost - 22 Colin Wilson
83 Matt Nieto - 34 Carl Soderberg - 11 Matt Calvert
10 Sven Andrighetto - 91 Vladislav Kamenev - 57 Gabriel Bourque

I dont really like, what Jost can produce (ATM) as an second line center.. Also not happy with Matt Nieto (like everybody else) etc..

So When we get Dano and Compher in the line up, how would you make the lines?

Will the Avs stick with the second line until the end and only shake the bottom six?
Or what will happend / should happen?

I would like to try Kamenev in the second line.. Maybe Bourque and Nieto Out..
But how to build the lines, I don't know :D

Would like to hear others opinion.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Won't come here. Wants NY, FLA, LA type of destination. No logical reason to refuse to stay in Columbus just to come to Colorado.

Old, expensive, will want long term and big money to come here. Unrealistic.

Too risky to turn into Milan Lucic 2.0. Will get paid for past accomplishments. High risk of body breakdown.

Not bad. Not sure why he'd leave NYI.

No. We have enough of players that size/style.

Don't think he'll leave Tampa.

Meh.

See Eberle.

Would be real nice next to Soda. Not the one to kickstart secondary scoring though.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We're ~8 games in around the league - there are no rumours this early - and I'm hardy an insider privy to what GMs are thinking. But quality players moving at some point in a season is hardly unheard of, it happens every year. The Avs need their equivalent of what the Kings did with Richards / Carter. I'm not suggesting two adds or something of that sort, or specifically that calibre of player, but I'm not sure why suggesting that - at some point this year - Sakic should be looking to address secondary scoring and add a quality top six forward is such a contentious issue for you.

Where was I getting contentious? I simply asked you a question. You answered it. Thanks.

FTR, I wasn't necessarily against the Avs looking into getting a scoring center this offseason. I was pushing, albeit not very hard, for Sakic to see about bringing Paul Stastny back in the fold. In hindsight that may have been a mistake, but I thought he'd be a good fit. It may turn out the team still needs to look into a trade to address this issue. And yes, prospects can go bust, that's why an organization has to stuff the cubbards as full of quality talent as they can. I'm not naive enough to think all the guys, or even a majority of the prime prospects we're currently seeing in Loveland right now are going to be NHL mainstays. But for now, I'm okay with them seeing exactly what they have in Jost. If by August 2019 the role of 2nd line center is still a big issue, then I'll officially be concerned.

Reactions: Avs44 and Foppberg

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
No thanks on Eberle. We saw with the Oilers how he does when he was asked to be a line driver. Good player, but not what we need.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Lol. Skinner is a much better player than Kerfoot. How can you even compare the two?

Also, I doubt Pavelski leaves San Jose. Same goes for Lee in New York. Panarin has already apparently made it clear it's either L.A/NYR/CHI/TB/FLA if (when) he doesn't re-sign in Columbus.

So, what's left? 31 year old Wayne Simmonds, 32 year old Derrick Brassard, 32 year old Mats Zuccarello, Jordan Eberle, Yanni Gourde, and Jakob Silfverberg.

And that's assuming all of those players leave their teams for free agency. I don't see Zuccarello leaving the Rangers, and if the Islanders offer Eberle good enough money I can't see him leaving, either.

I'd be happy with Silfverberg but that's a long shot competing with so many teams for his services, including the Ducks.
No Skinner is terrible , Kerfoot is better . Have you watched Skinner lately, he is hardly an NHL player.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Give Jost more time. There is no need to be impatient now. The Avs are doing well. The big line is on fire and the goaltending has been great.
True enough, but I mean he's struggling badly. So I think just a simple switch to the wing could be good for him.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I fast-forwarded the Canes game at times, but after reading some of their GDT they mentioned that Avs' broadcasting team said that the Avs wanted Slavin in the Duchene trade. Makes perfect sense why they declined that offer and why Avs still managed to get a HMS Titanic load of pieces.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I fast-forwarded the Canes game at times, but after reading some of their GDT they mentioned that Avs' broadcasting team said that the Avs wanted Slavin in the Duchene trade. Makes perfect sense why they declined that offer and why Avs still managed to get a HMS Titanic load of pieces.

I feel like that would have been about worth it for Canes if Duchene re-signed with them. But that is a big if.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I feel like that would have been about worth it for Canes if Duchene re-signed with them. But that is a big if.

No way. Slavin is a big ask for Duchene. He's probably a true #1 dman, if not he's super close. Just a ridiculous shutdown dman.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Well turnabout is fair play, they wanted Jost + Kaut for Skinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad