Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part X | Offseason Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’d still go hard after Stone. I think we can convince him enough in money, success and youth for him re-sign pretty early in January. Plus Sakic can use the “he can walk away for nothing argument” to downplay his trade value.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sens are in a terrible spot with Stone now. They gave him a contract that takes him straight to free agency and probably killed a lot of his value. He's purely a rental now and any trade package will have to reflect that. No chance I'd even think about giving up the Sens 1st for him now.

Reactions: LTC Pain

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Sens are in a terrible spot with Stone now. They gave him a contract that takes him straight to free agency and probably killed a lot of his value. He's purely a rental now and any trade package will have to reflect that. No chance I'd even think about giving up the Sens 1st for him now.
This is essentially the same position we were in with ROR in his final year.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This is essentially the same position we were in with ROR in his final year.

Our contract was two years to UFA and we traded in the summer between year 1 and 2 correct? Do we really think the Sens will trade him right now? I’d guess they’d wait til they had a conversation in January.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
That one year deal for Stone, probably puts him out of the picture for the Avs for at least a while. He's not able to negotiate an extension now until January.

Waingro, they could negotiate and trade Stone to Avs, but It officially has to be anounced after Jan 1st, I think. Some Sens fans are already entertaining of trading Avs Sens 1st rounder back to Sens for Mark Stone.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Waingro, they could negotiate and trade Stone to Avs, but It officially has to be anounced after Jan 1st, I think. Some Sens fans are already entertaining of trading Avs Sens 1st rounder back to Sens for Mark Stone.
At one year to UFA, the window to trade that first back is gone, baby, gone. Not going to be risking giving away a top 5 pick for a guy with even a slight chance of being a rental.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Avs44

May 16, 2011

There is no reason for Stone to consider negotiating anything with anyone, or making any handshake agreements. He's a year from UFA as a 27 year old top 5/10 two way winger in the game. He was PPG last season in just under 60 games, and if he can repeat that feat over more games this season then on July 1st, 2019, he can get a lot more money than any team would agree to right now. He needs to be treated as a rental, so I wouldn't move the Sens 1st for the guy. And without that pick coming back I think there's no chance the Sens move him to the Avs.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I've also been daydreaming about Draisaitl. I think we make pretty good trading partners with the Oil too. Wouldn't happen til next year if ever.

Barrie
Meloche
two of Kamenev/Kerfoot/Bowers/Compher/Ghetto

for

Drai
Lucic

Landeskog - Mack - Rantanen
Jost - Draisaitl - Kaut
Nieto - Soderberg - Compher
Lucic - Kamenev - Calvert

Girard - EJ
Zadorov - Makar
Cole - Timmins
Barbs/UFA

Grubauer

/august

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I've also been daydreaming about Draisaitl. I think we make pretty good trading partners with the Oil too. Wouldn't happen til next year if ever.

Barrie
Meloche
two of Kamenev/Kerfoot/Bowers/Compher/Ghetto

for

Drai
Lucic

Landeskog - Mack - Rantanen
Jost - Draisaitl - Kaut
Nieto - Soderberg - Compher
Lucic - Kamenev - Calvert

Girard - EJ
Zadorov - Makar
Cole - Timmins
Barbs/UFA

Grubauer

/august

Someone is just trying to toy with CGF's heart strings

Reactions: dahrougem2

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Next summers UFA scene is already shaping up to be very strong just from the Senators UFAs alone :laugh:

Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, and Ceci. Throw in a few more good players around the league(Panarin appears destined for the market), and the Avs will certainly have the opportunity to spend money on a good player next summer if they wish.

That pick just keeps looking better and better. So many pending UFA's that it will be tough to focus on the season.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Edmonton would probably ask for the Ottawa pick as the cherry on top.

I'd be prepared to add the Colorado 1st to Barrie and Jost. Not the Ottawa one though, and if we include the Avs 1st I'd be looking for something useful added from Edmonton's end as well. I'd love to get Khaira in the deal if it were to happen. I love what he brings to the bottom 6 in Edmonton and think hed be an excellent fit here.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad