Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 18-19 part X | Offseason Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In order to be overrated a player needs to have a large number of fans, which disqualifies guys like PAP.

Liles is a pretty good pick actually. He was good, but probably not as great as some thought he was.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
A lot of the Avs young players over the years revealed themselves to be overrated due to not have any staying power in the league - Wolski, Svatos, Stewart, etc.

Maybe not overrated but the Smyth/Hannan signings were seen as a big deal and were big flops

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I'd probably go with Erik Johnson. He's good but not as good as people like to think he is.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
A lot of the Avs young players over the years revealed themselves to be overrated due to not have any staying power in the league - Wolski, Svatos, Stewart, etc.

Maybe not overrated but the Smyth/Hannan signings were seen as a big deal and were big flops

If you're looking for a duo that flopped for us, Kariya/Selanne has that in the bag, IMO.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
most overrated in Avs history has to be Yelle. and of those on the current team, EJ.

PAP for an offensive minded winger, had a pretty solid point production on his Avs career. a lot better than most of the other guys we saw on our top 6 during the past decade.

on another topic, didn't the Trouba arbitration already occurred? what's the result, no contract yet? I saw a thread with a trade speculation around him on the main boards and got a little confused...

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
most overrated in Avs history has to be Yelle. and of those on the current team, EJ.

PAP for an offensive minded winger, had a pretty solid point production on his Avs career. a lot better than most of the other guys we saw on our top 6 during the past decade.

on another topic, didn't the Trouba arbitration already occurred? what's the result, no contract yet? I saw a thread with a trade speculation around him on the main boards and got a little confused...

Behind The Scenes Of The Jacob Trouba Arbitration Case

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany

1:30 CT according to HF Jets

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Trouba is good and all but say a team like the Isles who def have the assets to get him are gonna regret it imo. Esp if your talking their recent picks..bleck.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
In order to be overrated a player needs to have a large number of fans, which disqualifies guys like PAP.

Liles is a pretty good pick actually. He was good, but probably not as great as some thought he was.

That was gonna be another stipulation in the thread, the player had to have a minimum number of games like 250 or something.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
yea i dont get the Yelle hate, he was exactly what youd want a 3rd/4th line centre to be, good faceoff guy helped on the PK

yea he wasnt worth much on offense, and his skating wasnt great, but for a 3rd liner, i thought he was rated quite well, not overrrated

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Trouba is good and all but say a team like the Isles who def have the assets to get him are gonna regret it imo. Esp if your talking their recent picks..bleck.
I don't see the Isles trading one of Wahlstrom or Dobson, nor the Jets taking futures for Trouba.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Most over rated player in Avs history? Humm, I'd probably say Drury.

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

And before you break out your digital pitchforks and torches, we're talking overrated, not whether or not he was a quality player, which he obviously was. And the trade that sent him away was obviously bad. But I think the "legend" far exceeds the reality.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

And before you break out your digital pitchforks and torches, we're talking overrated, not whether or not he was a quality player, which he obviously was. And the trade that sent him away was obviously bad. But I think the "legend" far exceeds the reality.

He is going to be a hall of famer, and was pivotal to the 01 cup run when Forsberg went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad