Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Its tough so say which caused the other, or if each played into themselves but his conditioning was never really at the level it should have been and he struggled with it.

Yep, Roy pretty much said as much in what ended up being Wilson's final season as a contracted NHL player. It's too bad, he did indeed show quite a bit of promise.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Maybe that, but I think Trouba is worth more than 4 mill

The only reason WPG did that is because the dumb way arb works. Pretty much every time the player comes in high and the team comes in low and they settle in the middle, so this time WPG came in HELLA low in order to drag down the midpoint.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Yep, Roy pretty much said as much in what ended up being Wilson's final season as a contracted NHL player. It's too bad, he did indeed show quite a bit of promise.

Its just tough to know if he got injured a bunch because he always struggled with conditioning, which would make sense or he simply struggled with conditioning from being injured all the time.

Thankfully for Avs fans Zads in the ultimate god tier realization of what the highest hopes for Wilson would be.

Reactions: Pokecheque

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
You could give him the Jost trajectory. Start him as 4c with Wilson and Calvert and then let him earn his way up the roster from there.

It’s sucks he only has 5 games of experience
I bet he’s gonna be super rough for a good while just like Rants and Jost were but more so . Hope we have some patience to see where he fits or at all

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Wilson was a Top Boy and it's a tremendous loss to us that he didn't last.
giphy.gif

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Not sure which part of that is up for question tbh

- Wilson hit everything in sight
- He fought like a champ
- He has surprisingly good points totals when you look at him
- If he was healthy he would comfortably still be a top 4 defenseman
- This would have been good, particularly during the 13/14 season where as noted we had the sort of clown car on the back end not seen since 08/09, perhaps best summed up by the fact Matt Hunwick played in the AHL.

Reactions: Avs71

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

- He fought like a champ
- This would have been good, particularly during the 13/14 season where as noted we had the sort of clown car on the back end not seen since 08/09, perhaps best summed up by the fact Matt Hunwick played in the AHL.

Probably because nobody knows what you were trying to say.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I'm gonna guess.. a good fella who can play top 4 = top boy. Those hits do make me miss Wilson, thankfully we have Z and maybe Meloche can dish out some big ones.

Not that I'd do it, at all.
But would EJ get us that 2C or a wing that can drive a line?

I know he's probably more valuable to us than to others and his injury history/age would turn off HF posters but maybe not GMs in the real world.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

- He fought like a champ

I’m thinking you let your Britishness show a little too much for people to understand what you were saying.

member 116861

Not only was the British a bunch of non-sense jibberish, the statement was as well. Ryan Wilson wasn't very good and is the most overrated player by our fanbase.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Wilson never had the puck moving skills or IQ to be more then a bottom pair guy in the NHL on a team with more than 4 NHL quality defensemen.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Urban Dictionary: top boy

So it seems

That reminds me, when are we getting a standing section in the Can? Need to get some ultras in to let off flares and throw the seats at opposing fans, create a bit of atmosphere.

There are plenty of scraps in the stands whenever the Wild or Blues come to town, or at least there are when I'm there. Not that I'm fighting - I just seeing opposing fans getting kicked out for getting physical with Avs fans relatively frequently.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
There are plenty of scraps in the stands whenever the Wild or Blues come to town, or at least there are when I'm there. Not that I'm fighting - I just seeing opposing fans getting kicked out for getting physical with Avs fans relatively frequently.
Get Bernie to follow the lead of the Italians imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad