Avs on break discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Now the state of Colorado and much of the world is on lockdown, do any of you chaps and chapettes have any creative hobbies you're getting more time to indulge in? For me personally, I produce music in my spare time when I can get my 3 kids to STFU and leave me alone. Any other musicians here? Video producers? Woodworkers? Artists? How are you passing your time?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Now the state of Colorado and much of the world is on lockdown, do any of you chaps and chapettes have any creative hobbies you're getting more time to indulge in? For me personally, I produce music in my spare time when I can get my 3 kids to STFU and leave me alone. Any other musicians here? Video producers? Woodworkers? Artists? How are you passing your time?
I have e-drums in my apartment but I suck and I don't practice, so I suck, so I don't practice.

I could re-engage with pencil sketching, but I haven't quite yet. Likely will at some point. Also, I applied for a job yesterday, so f*** y'all. It's strange, I'm still not doing the important shit and cleaning I should've been doing all along, yet I'm doing things like randomly stick-handling a floorball in my apartment.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

I do video editing as part of my work, so I’m putting together a Makar highlight vid right now. Just started it, but I’m sure I’ll have more time to work on it these days.

Also started using my little mini home gym more often, since I’m not out and about as much. Trying to stay at least somewhat active haha

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I get into hifi music and have an expensive vintage stereo I play all the time. I have been watching bad reality tv shows with my mom and been riding my mountain bike.

This couldn’t have come at a worse time for my business, though. I finally went cash positive recently and paid off my vehicle. I can’t Uber or do my business or AirBnB my condo right now. Kind of sucks, but I’m sure other people are worse off.

I’m getting into shape again so that is good.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I watched two Avs games yesterday. The season opener vs Calgary and the HNIC game against the Leafs which I was actually there for.

I forgot a few things. Mikko Rantanen is amazing. Sometimes are mind gets cloudy with injuries and rough patches but that season opener reminded me of how good he can be. Just a dominant force. I can’t wait to see him healthy again.

Also Nazem Kadri is ridiculous as well. We simply have not seen a lot of him and to be honest I kinda forget he’s part of this team but damn he’s a good 2C.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I watched two Avs games yesterday. The season opener vs Calgary and the HNIC game against the Leafs which I was actually there for.

I forgot a few things. Mikko Rantanen is amazing. Sometimes are mind gets cloudy with injuries and rough patches but that season opener reminded me of how good he can be. Just a dominant force. I can’t wait to see him healthy again.

Also Nazem Kadri is ridiculous as well. We simply have not seen a lot of him and to be honest I kinda forget he’s part of this team but damn he’s a good 2C.

100%

Rantanen remains a massive key to this team winning the cup. I feel like because of the injuries he wasn’t talked about as one of the leagues top players this year. He lost some of his cachet around the league, but that will change, he’s just way too talented.

We have to remember that we were all incredibly excited about this teams future even before Makar became Makar. And the main reason for our excitement was because of MacKinnon and Rantanen.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What are you guys watching? Netflix has been getting one hell of a workout since we lost sports. I just went through both seasons of Kingdom in just over two days. It's a great show and I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. It's in Korean so you'll have to read. Finished the latest season of Narcos Mexico just prior to that and that's another really good one.

I need something else now. People are all over this Tiger King show but it just looks dumb so I think I'll pass.

DallasGaume

Oct 18, 2006
Trondheim, Norway
What are you guys watching? Netflix has been getting one hell of a workout since we lost sports. I just went through both seasons of Kingdom in just over two days. It's a great show and I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. It's in Korean so you'll have to read. Finished the latest season of Narcos Mexico just prior to that and that's another really good one.

I need something else now. People are all over this Tiger King show but it just looks dumb so I think I'll pass.
Currently watching (and enjoying) Broadchurch and The English Game.

Reactions: Avs_19

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Amazon is putting movies up that would have been in theaters. f***ers, I just paid off 400$ on my prime card lol.

Bloodshot was ok, but felt a bit light. I feel like it was a really long intro for a sequel.

We now live in an age where hot chicks can play games and make solid money streaming, so it has opened a world where video gamers aren't viewed as remote introvert outcasts anymore. They're now viewed as profit dollar symbols.

I think it's just more acceptable now that the early gaming generation is getting older. Also the younger you go into the millenial generation they're even more into it.

I feel I basically grew up in parallel with the gaming and PC advancements.

It is interesting though with women. Dating again, women don't scoff at it in nearly the same way as they used to, and my girlfriend isn't useless as a coop partner lol.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm still going to work (fortunately my job is considered "essential" by Colorado), but since Uber income has dropped to zero I've been using my extra time to work on my next D&D campaign. Drawing maps, writing lore, etc. Finally broke through my writer's block a little bit ago, so I'm powering through the "details" phase of writing. It should be ready for my players to start by the beginning of May. That is, if we're able to meet by then...

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Ditto.

I've been watching The Roman Empire, but I'm bad at watching shows. Somehow I always end up watching boring women-friendly shows like Mr. Selfridge or The Crown. I won't watch soaps but it seems to me like I'm not far off. Last I watched Alias Grace. Big recommendation specifically for people who watch The Handmaid's Tale, as we discussed.

But as a more confident tip, Tom Segura's new hour is out, and I think people need a laugh.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Amazon is putting movies up that would have been in theaters. f***ers, I just paid off 400$ on my prime card lol.

Bloodshot was ok, but felt a bit light. I feel like it was a really long intro for a sequel.

We now live in an age where hot chicks can play games and make solid money streaming, so it has opened a world where video gamers aren't viewed as remote introvert outcasts anymore. They're now viewed as profit dollar symbols.

I think it's just more acceptable now that the early gaming generation is getting older. Also the younger you go into the millenial generation they're even more into it.

I feel I basically grew up in parallel with the gaming and PC advancements.

It is interesting though with women. Dating again, women don't scoff at it in nearly the same way as they used to, and my girlfriend isn't useless as a coop partner lol.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm still going to work (fortunately my job is considered "essential" by Colorado), but since Uber income has dropped to zero I've been using my extra time to work on my next D&D campaign. Drawing maps, writing lore, etc. Finally broke through my writer's block a little bit ago, so I'm powering through the "details" phase of writing. It should be ready for my players to start by the beginning of May. That is, if we're able to meet by then...
Uber eats would be a good alternative to Ubering. I started doing post mates the other day and made some decent money so far.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Uber eats would be a good alternative to Ubering. I started doing post mates the other day and made some decent money so far.
I used to do Eats. I actually really disliked it, so I unsubscribed from it. Maybe now though it would be worth it to start again as long as I have the option to stop as soon as passengers become a thing again.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I used to do Eats. I actually really disliked it, so I unsubscribed from it. Maybe now though it would be worth it to start again as long as I have the option to stop as soon as passengers become a thing again.
You could do postmates as well I bet. Don’t have to worry about passengers or anything like with Uber.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I signed up for Postmates, Door dash and Uber Eats the other day to give me something to do. I can’t really Uber because I’m worried about coming back and giving it to my mom who’s 71.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I signed up for Postmates, Door dash and Uber Eats the other day to give me something to do. I can’t really Uber because I’m worried about coming back and giving it to my mom who’s 71.
Yeah I figured I’d sign up since my place of work is shut down. I luckily get paid next week while we don’t work, but after that I’m not too sure what’s up with my job. So I figured get some extra cash flow and keep me from dying of having nothing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad