Avs on break discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Thankfully/selfishly I have seen maybe 2 or 3 full Av games all season, so I'm not missing hockey too much

Complete opposite for me haha.

This year was the most Avs hockey I’ve watched in a while. MacKinnon and Makar on the same team just brought a different level of excitement to games.

And the fact that the team almost always put forth a good effort made them fun to watch.

But, alas...

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Complete opposite for me haha.

This year was the most Avs hockey I’ve watched in a while. MacKinnon and Makar on the same team just brought a different level of excitement to games.

And the fact that the team almost always put forth a good effort made them fun to watch.

But, alas...

Yeah, I mean I low-key feel bad not getting to watch many games this year, but going to school + part time work + waking up at 5:30am every morning = dead by 10pm, which is the usual Avs game start.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Yeah, I mean I low-key feel bad not getting to watch many games this year, but going to school + part time work + waking up at 5:30am every morning = dead by 10pm, which is the usual Avs game start.

iu

In seriousness, life happens. Sport is meant to be an enjoyable distraction for the majority of us “regular” people.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Animal Crossing is everything I dreamed of and more. I never upgraded my original DS, so the last version I played was in 2008 on the Wii. I’m pretty sure I play my switch more than Xbox these days.... I have a SNES, but it won’t hook up to my tv anymore, so I just play Super Mario on Nintendo online - now if they’d just add DK Country...

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
So after reading everyone’s post, I gotta gush a little more about my Nintendo days.... I had a perfect file on my Super Nintendo on Super Mario World, unlocked all the ‘hidden’ levels. Also, when you beat star world and get to the center star, you go to a secret world where the levels are called ‘Tubular’ and ‘Mondo’ and stuff like that... once you beat those, the whole map changes (forest is brown, koopas wear Mario masks, etc...)

someone please tell me they know what I’m talking about? :laugh:

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So after reading everyone’s post, I gotta gush a little more about my Nintendo days.... I had a perfect file on my Super Nintendo on Super Mario World, unlocked all the ‘hidden’ levels. Also, when you beat star world and get to the center star, you go to a secret world where the levels are called ‘Tubular’ and ‘Mondo’ and stuff like that... once you beat those, the whole map changes (forest is brown, koopas wear Mario masks, etc...)

someone please tell me they know what I’m talking about? :laugh:
Oh yeah, those were the original "Mario Maker" levels that made you do insane, weird things to win. That game came with my very first SNES when I was 8, played it like crazy. I didn't actually beat the "secret" levels until years later though.

Reactions: Avs91

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Animal Crossing is everything I dreamed of and more. I never upgraded my original DS, so the last version I played was in 2008 on the Wii. I’m pretty sure I play my switch more than Xbox these days.... I have a SNES, but it won’t hook up to my tv anymore, so I just play Super Mario on Nintendo online - now if they’d just add DK Country...
My girlfriend has been playing the new Animal Crossing nonstop since it came out.

Reactions: Avs91

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Oh yeah, those were the original "Mario Maker" levels that made you do insane, weird things to win. That game came with my very first SNES when I was 8, played it like crazy. I didn't actually beat the "secret" levels until years later though.

Yeah me too, took forever to beat some of those too. I specifically remember the one where you had to get those puff bubbles all the way through while the koopas threw baseballs at you

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Definitely get one! I imagine they're pretty cheap these days, and there are a ton of really good games that people missed out on by not giving the console a chance. The VC on that is also really good, but I would double check that it's still being supported before pulling the trigger on the console if that's your main draw. What Wii games were you looking at picking up?

Super Mario Galaxy series, Paper Mario, and the Zelda series.

I just remembered the OP intended this thread for Avs players, not us losers.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
NHL Network is showing Avs games and stuff all day!

Forsberg 6-point game
Roy trade thing
96 Stanley Cup game
96 Stanley Cup video
01 Stanley Cup game
Some long ass thing about the 01 season
01 Stanley Cup video

Now how do we get everyone tuned in? :naughty:

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Forsberg-Sakic-Hejduk line is just LOLz.

Also does anybody have any good kitties? I have one but it doesn’t allow me to chromecast it which sucks. I pay a fortune for the NHL package (which I’m still paying) but for some reason I still can’t get NHL network in Canada.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The Forsberg-Sakic-Hejduk line is just LOLz.

Also does anybody have any good kitties? I have one but it doesn’t allow me to chromecast it which sucks. I pay a fortune for the NHL package (which I’m still paying) but for some reason I still can’t get NHL network in Canada.
Only one I could find was the 123 one.

E: I now have another one as well, but I don't think it's good for Chromecast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Olympics being cancelled gets one issue out of the way for the NHL returning this season. They won’t be fighting with networks for TV time. NBC will be thrilled to air NHL hockey with all the free space that just opened up.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
NHL Network is showing Avs games and stuff all day!

Forsberg 6-point game
Roy trade thing
96 Stanley Cup game
96 Stanley Cup video
01 Stanley Cup game
Some long ass thing about the 01 season
01 Stanley Cup video

Now how do we get everyone tuned in? :naughty:

I've already have multiple scheduled to be recorded to I can add them to my Plex server in decent resolution. They have to be better than the crappy VHS YouTube videos going around.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I signed up for the free NHL Live. It’s not too bad. You can watch all the games from this season.

I missed the Avs/Sens games, so I’m checking those out.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
That Nuke-Kadri-Bura line was nice.

When the NHL resumes play in 5-6 years I’d like to see that line reunited. Then you can slot Donskoi and Kaut next to Compher.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I just keep thinking about how this team really only had a handful of games at the very beginning of the season fully healthy, what a run they made this year with role players stepping up. I can't imagine how good this lineup could actually be fully healthy with a few weeks to gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad