Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Kings. 3-2 SOL. Close, but no cigar.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I missed the game, due to the side job that I'm doing.

But that's a disappointing result...lose the game, but still get a point.

Except of Vancouver and Phoenix Avs have beaten every one of the teams they'll face again this month at least once in this season. I have a very bad feeling about this.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Except of Vancouver and Phoenix Avs have beaten every one of the teams they'll face again this month at least once in this season. I have a very bad feeling about this.

I said this after Giggy's rant, but we're so going to blow this tank. I don't care too much since any of the big 3 would be sweet, but after tanking for so long it will be a kick in the balls to screw it up at the very end with some pointless points.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I said this after Giggy's rant, but we're so going to blow this tank. I don't care too much since any of the big 3 would be sweet, but after tanking for so long it will be a kick in the balls to screw it up at the very end with some pointless points.

I agree. We should start Sami again every game even with his cramps. He can just lie their like a dying fish all game every game :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I agree. We should start Sami again every game even with his cramps. He can just lie their like a dying fish all game every game :laugh:

On the plus side it is nice to be reminded of what this team can do when they have someone who can get them to care and try, makes me very optimistic about what'll happen if we get a real coach.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I believe Kyle said Hejda and Bordeleau both had 6 or 8 each and McLeod was in the double digits.

Also Penner is a Pejorative Slur (will always be) if that joke was against the Avs or just a random joke.

It was against the Avs he has already said that. I don't know why people are in an uproar about it, I thought it was pretty funny.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It was against the Avs he has already said that. I don't know why people are in an uproar about it, I thought it was pretty funny.

Because he is a joke of a player that looks like a caveman? I honestly do not care about the joke, but him saying it is like hearing it from Avery.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The little respect I had for Kings fans and their team in general is all gone. What a bunch of tools with serious mental problems. Booing a 20 year old kid who got injured playing in his first NHL game? I hope they're proud of themselfs.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Where is Varly?

If he's injured how come there are no reports of any injury on denverpost?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The little respect I had for Kings fans and their team in general is all gone. What a bunch of tools with serious mental problems. Booing a 20 year old kid who got injured playing in his first NHL game? I hope they're proud of themselfs.

I live in LA and i've been to many games at Staples Center. Trust me when i say that probably over 80% of Kings fans don't even know what hockey is, they just go to games to watch fights.

Huis Clos*

It was hilarious. People just need something to feel indignant about.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Who takes a shot at the last place team, after beating them like that? And why did he post it after the game, and not before?

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Oh man you guys. Penner's tweet was hilarious and I'm an overly sensitive girl. They're adults, if they dont want to be made fun of for sucking they should stop sucking.
The team is talented the effort sucks. Fair game, IMO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oh man you guys. Penner's tweet was hilarious and I'm an overly sensitive girl. They're adults, if they dont want to be made fun of for sucking they should stop sucking.

This. Plus Penner has quite the sense of humor. He frequently makes fun of himself and his team.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I find it difficult to, no let me rephrase that...

I find it impossible to give much sympathy to the AVs this year. They simply are not deserving of it.

It's okay though because I'm sure they'll put their big boy pants on this summer and come out with a little more consistent effort next season. If they don't...well, again, impossible to feel much sympathy.

They worked hard to earn the jokes from the opposing players and the verbal lashes from the few team-mates that are trying.

Mant*

Who takes a shot at the last place team, after beating them like that? And why did he post it after the game, and not before?

Ya know what? I don't mind that he said it at all. The more the players hear this stuff from other teams, the better. It wasn't aimed at US, it was a jab directly at the same guys that Giguere was calling out. Let the other teams rub it in, we need a bigger fire under the Avs' ***** anyway to get them motivated.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Media, fans and Av players have every right to go after the team for sucking, and post things like this.

Not a player on the defending stanley cup champs, publicly mocking the worst team in the league for no reason after beating them. That's a cheap shot.

Leave it on the ice, don't kick a group when they're down after you beat them in a meaningless game. It's not even that funny, I don't get it.

I think it says a lot about him that he was too scared to post that before he played the Avs. A guy with the same amount of goals as Ryan O'Byrne this year is taking shots at people? How is he even still in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad