Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Kings. 3-2 SOL. Close, but no cigar.

Huis Clos*

Media, fans and Av players have every right to go after the team for sucking, and post things like this.

Not a player on the defending stanley cup champs, publicly mocking the worst team in the league for no reason after beating them. That's a cheap shot.

Leave it on the ice, don't kick a group when they're down after you beat them in a meaningless game. It's not even that funny, I don't get it.

I think it says a lot about him that he was too scared to post that before he played the Avs. A guy with the same amount of goals as Ryan O'Byrne this year is taking shots at people? How is he even still in the NHL?

You should tweet him exactly that. Get it all out. It's cathartic.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Media, fans and Av players have every right to go after the team for sucking, and post things like this.

Not a player on the defending stanley cup champs, publicly mocking the worst team in the league for no reason after beating them. That's a cheap shot.

Leave it on the ice, don't kick a group when they're down after you beat them in a meaningless game. It's not even that funny, I don't get it.

I think it says a lot about him that he was too scared to post that before he played the Avs. A guy with the same amount of goals as Ryan O'Byrne this year is taking shots at people? How is he even still in the NHL?

You should tweet him exactly that. Get it all out. It's cathartic.

I think he did...

Foppa, did you tweet Penner? Because I'm looking at his Twitter feed and I think he chirped you back

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Lets face it this organization is quite the joke right now. I have no problem with what Penner said even though I think hes a lazy cow but I think this organization needs to be put in its place.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
BHqyIZuCYAAo4OO.jpg:large

No wonder this team is in such disarray. Dear God.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Penner's tweet was hilarious and I have no problem with him making fun of certain guys on the Avs. They deserve it.

Penner makes fun of himself a lot as well with his pancakes fundraiser for example.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think he did...

Foppa, did you tweet Penner? Because I'm looking at his Twitter feed and I think he chirped you back

Yea, I did last night after the game and a few drinks. I wish he would have said more, I was about to switch gears and wreck his dumb ass if he kept going with it. I only have twitter to keep up with hockey news, so what do I care.

That'd be like David Van Der Gulik taking shots at a team who's at rock bottom emotionally and as a team after you beat them. I got to sit through this season, and then watch a fat*** that's notorious for bad conditioning and work ethic take pot shots at the Avs immediately after beating them? He's got a combined 9 goals in the last two years. Guy is a joke, he'll probably be in the AHL next year. He should use those long road trips to work on his sense of humor.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Yea, I did last night after the game and a few drinks. I wish he would have said more, I was about to switch gears and wreck his dumb ass if he kept going with it. I only have twitter to keep up with hockey news, so what do I care.

That'd be like David Van Der Gulik taking shots at a team who's at rock bottom emotionally and as a team after you beat them. I got to sit through this season, and then watch a fat*** that's notorious for bad conditioning and work ethic take pot shots at the Avs immediately after beating them? He's got a combined 9 goals in the last two years. Guy is a joke, he'll probably be in the AHL next year. He should use those long road trips to work on his sense of humor.

LOL man do you even listen to yourself? He's in the show making millions of dollars while you sit here and whine like a little girl.

Who cares? :laugh:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Do we play the Kings again this season?

There's a line to be drawn. You do not mock your peers when they are down. You just don't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Penner's tweet was hilarious and I have no problem with him making fun of certain guys on the Avs. They deserve it.

Penner makes fun of himself a lot as well with his pancakes fundraiser for example.

Yea they deserve it, but not from other teams.

You don't think it'd be classless if after the Avs won the Cup in 01, Bates Battaglia took a shot at the Columbus Blue Jackets after beating them in a meaningless game at the end of the season?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

There's a line to be drawn. You do not mock your peers when they are down. You just don't do it.

Thank you. Finally someone that gets it. And no, they don't play them until next year. That's why the little ***** said it after the game, not before.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

You do not mock your own fan-base either...but the AVs are still charging money for tickets. :laugh:

Not quite sure why everyone is getting their collective skirts in a bunch here.

Thankfully the season is almost over. I hope we can all still be friends this summer.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

These are the type of things that people don't forget, I'd be willing to bet Penner will get a good whooping when it comes time.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I guess. At least he gave a ****. Why do millionaires who suck at their jobs get to take shots at others when they're down without facing criticism? I like this team, that's why I'm still watching the games.

I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I am gonna call him a classless fat ass that will be in the AHL next year, rather than laugh at him making fun of my team.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
I guess. At least he gave a ****. Why do millionaires who suck at their jobs get to take shots at others when they're down without facing criticism? I like this team, that's why I'm still watching the games.

I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I am gonna call him a classless fat ass that will be in the AHL next year, rather than laugh at him making fun of my team.

Says the nameless faceless egg...

Joking aside I agree. Penner isn't even nhl calibre. He's bad enough acquiring him for free would hurt our ahl team.

So for him of all people, it's irritating. It's like the nerd standing behind his body guards talking smack.

The joke it's self I'd of probably chuckled at had it not taken the defending cup champs a shoot out with over half the game being played by our net minders first ever nhl game.

If a 12 year old be a the breaks off me and slipped and fell on her pink skate board walking away, I'd not be like lololol wrecked u.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Joking aside I agree. Penner isn't even nhl calibre. He's bad enough acquiring him for free would hurt our ahl team.

So for him of all people, it's irritating. It's like the nerd standing behind his body guards talking smack.

The joke it's self I'd of probably chuckled at had it not taken the defending cup champs a shoot out with over half the game being played by our net minders first ever nhl game.

If a 12 year old be a the breaks off me and slipped and fell on her pink skate board walking away, I'd not be like lololol wrecked u.

Yea, if someone posted it here, or someone in the media posted it, I'd have laughed and deemed it justified. But not from a player on a team that just beat them an hour before. The Avalanche internal issues have nothing to do with him, why is he making fun of it after beating them? It just comes off like he's gloating about beating the last place team.

Whatever though, I'm clearly in the minority in seeing this as classless.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

ummm, what?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Yea, if someone posted it here, or someone in the media posted it, I'd have laughed and deemed it justified. But not from a player on a team that just beat them an hour before. The Avalanche internal issues have nothing to do with him, why is he making fun of it after beating them? It just comes off like he's gloating about beating the last place team.

Whatever though, I'm clearly in the minority in seeing this as classless.

I give it 3 Classless Subbans.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I think he's making fun of the fact the media made such a big deal about Giggy's comments and acted like that alone would turn the team around. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad