Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Kings. 3-2 SOL. Close, but no cigar.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
No it isn't. It makes me want to get a megaphone and scream in there faces:

"Why the hell did you not do this 20 ******* games ago???"

I'm sure if it was a regular season we would have seen a better effort, felt like they knew the season was over and because of that always started off slow. Now they seem to be giving it 100%. Team is bad and has some major holes, isn't last place or even one of the 3 worst teams in the league as the record shows.

Love seeing them win so whatever, we are screwing are future and kissing Jones, Mac, Drouin goodbye tho which is rough after suffering threw this terrible year. Won't be getting much of a reward for watching this garbage.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Carter is pretty good.

Had a feeling we'd go to extra time and lose in ot or so after tying it.

Carter used the exact same move last shoot-out he was in, his execution was nicer last time but still nailed it. He used to be brutal on breakaways, seems he's improving in that regard. If he cuts down on how many wide open nets he misses and continues improving his breakaway skills he will be able to really put up crazy goal scoring numbers.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I said it earlier in the thread, and a few times over the years, but the only thing holding Dutchy back from stardom is his shot accuracy.

He tried to go 5 hole in the SO, but hit the right pad. Had Quick beat because he didn't even move, but he shot it right into his pad.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Ha, I'm not the biggest Dater fan, but I thought this was a good exchange.

"adater ‏@adater 35m
Moronic fans in LA boo a goalie who is hurt.

EAsports ‏@Erizzle05 31m
@adater Im a Philly fan and I've cheered numerous injuries, not just booed, so don't get all upset about this

adater ‏@adater 30m
@Erizzle05 cuz you're a moron"

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Luckily, the rest of our schedule is teams that should kick our ***, save for Edmonton. If those teams come out like Anaheim did yesterday, we are in serious trouble.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Luckily, the rest of our schedule is teams that should kick our ***. If those teams come out like Anaheim did yesterday, we are in serious trouble.

That's what we thought about ANA and LA...

Plus the other teams in the bottom on the league have harder opponents for their remaining games.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Id just like to say Stefan Elliott played his best game ever in the NHL. Yep, even better than those few games last year when he was scoring. His DEFENSE tonight was actually very good. Was playing physical (for his size and style) and assertive. Made some nice stick plays and that play on Carter in OT was awesome.

I think he's starting to put it together and understand what he can and can't do at this level. Much like Barrie did about 15 games ago.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Ha, I'm not the biggest Dater fan, but I thought this was a good exchange.

"adater ‏@adater 35m
Moronic fans in LA boo a goalie who is hurt.

EAsports ‏@Erizzle05 31m
@adater Im a Philly fan and I've cheered numerous injuries, not just booed, so don't get all upset about this

adater ‏@adater 30m
@Erizzle05 cuz you're a moron"

:handclap::laugh:
Good job Dater.

#thingsI'veNeverSaid

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Id just like to say Stefan Elliott played his best game ever in the NHL. Yep, even better than those few games last year when he was scoring. His DEFENSE tonight was actually very good. Was playing physical (for his size and style) and assertive. Made some nice stick plays and that play on Carter in OT was awesome.

I think he's starting to put it together and understand what he can and can't do at this level. Much like Barrie did about 15 games ago.
Commented on it in the Elliott thread, but I agree. His defense was light years ahead of where it's been in the past, and he's far and away the best defenseman on the team at getting the puck through to the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad