Confirmed with Link: Avs Claim Matt Nieto from Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This is a good move. If he can click here, he can be a bottom 6 player for the next few years. If he doesn't, he can be let go. Almost no downside to picking him up.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Can we fast forward a few months. It's going to be hard for Nieto to do much surrounded with the bottom six players currently on the team. Several of them just have to go and make room for players who want to win hockey games.

BAZIbZi.jpg

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I wonder who will make way for Nieto? I have an eerie feeling Mitchell may be on a plane to San Antonio. Thought's?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I wonder who will make way for Nieto? I have an eerie feeling Mitchell may be on a plane to San Antonio. Thought's?

Hopefully Soderberg or Colborne. Both of them are deadweights who we're stuck with for another year or two, give them a bit of a wakeup call.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can we fast forward a few months. It's going to be hard for Nieto to do much surrounded with the bottom six players currently on the team. Several of them just have to go and make room for players who want to win hockey games.

You can tell by the way the AVS are playing that the effort just isn't there and the entire team has a "we no longer give a ****" attitude. I'm skeptical that bringing any new player in this mess will help in any way, shape or form other than ultimately corrupting him as well. It would be better to bring in 4 or 5 new players at the time to make an actual boom in the locker room and hope for a change of attitude/mentality, but it is what it is.

Anyway its a no risk, potentially good reward pick up. Happy.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Hopefully Soderberg or Colborne. Both of them are deadweights who we're stuck with for another year or two, give them a bit of a wakeup call.

Good point, and a clear message. Time to start the accountability train. Salary and tenure shouldn't matter anymore. You play at 85%, you're gone should be the motto from here.

110% balls to the wall every shift. Hold your line-mate and team-mates accountable. Their lazy play is affecting your form, and income earning capacity.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Soderberg signed for 5 years. I'm afraid there's more than "a year or two" left.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Good point, and a clear message. Time to start the accountability train. Salary and tenure shouldn't matter anymore. You play at 85%, you're gone should be the motto from here.

110% balls to the wall every shift. Hold your line-mate and team-mates accountable. Their lazy play is affecting your form, and income earning capacity.

Accountability train went out the window in that one game where Como took like 4 penalties and played a regular shift. It was on display last night though when TV said Como was benched after taking penalties? Bednar has said that some of the guys on the team are taking playing in the NHL for granted. Bednar knows that there are a bunch of 'I am Legend" zombie balls to the wall wannabe NHL players who are dying for a shot to get in the show. I kinda wish he brought G.Bork back up to play on the 4th line. Dude is small but he gives it his all every shift unlike Charmin and Scott.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I actually like this move. Pretty much no risk for a potentially decent bottom 6 player. We're playoff bound for sure now.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Nieto!

Now all the suckage was worth it.

Who needs a McDavid or Patrick when it can land you a Nieto?

Good move though.

Happy that they seem to have a pulse.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
You play at 85%, you're gone should be the motto from here.

85%?! Lol on the best day of their lives some of these guys aren't at 85% effort.

But yes, Mitchell, Grigorenko, Colborne, Soderberg, Tyutin, Beauchemin - all should be demoted. If they're claimed, even better.

1.8 + 1.3 + 2.5 + 4.75 + 2.0 + 4.5.... we are collectively paying these guys $16.85 million this year and have in total been rewarded with 13 goals through half a god damn season. Makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sharks fan hoping he plays well for you. Will play hard, he's very fast but really has no hands.

But you will like him just on his speed and effort.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Poor Nieto :laugh:

Always liked the guy in SJ, will be happy to see an actual bottom-6er playing in the bottom 6 for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad