Confirmed with Link: Avs Claim Matt Nieto from Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Nieto this morning.

ATRVVe5.gif

:laugh: I was going to say something like this, but I guess I don't need to.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
like this, nieto seems like he is a fast player. but I don't mean too fast as in he keeps going offside because of gaining too much speed, that would not be within the limitations of the game. however but if he can skate fast in a better-than-average way. maybe it will spark Duchene to skating even faster again too.

HockeyHead21

Sep 10, 2014
Ohio
like this, nieto seems like he is a fast player. but I don't mean too fast as in he keeps going offside because of gaining too much speed, that would not be within the limitations of the game. however but if he can skate fast in a better-than-average way. maybe it will spark Duchene to skating even faster again too.

What?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Any chance he's in the lineup tonight? I need some kind of motivation to watch this game lol

You know how you can tell when things are really bad? It's when there is genuine excitement over a waiver claim.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Numbers that haven't been worn by Avs players:

56, 64-70, 72-76, 78, 79, 82, 84-86, 91, 93, 95, 98, 99

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Yah whats up with Matts speed. It doesnt seem to be a weapon like it was in the past or maybe its just me.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think Matt has lost a step, he looked a bit slower to me last season as well.

Maybe, or maybe he's just getting smarter about using his speed.

Even if he has, I think he's smart enough that he'll adjust his game to still be effective. By no means is he slow.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yah whats up with Matts speed. It doesnt seem to be a weapon like it was in the past or maybe its just me.

I think Matt has lost a step, he looked a bit slower to me last season as well.

I've thought the same about Dutchy as well. Started last year, and it's more evident this year. Not sure what that's about, but perhaps it relates to his knee injuries.

He's always avoided surgery right? Maybe that's better in the short term, but not the best long term, I don't know. I'm not a doctor, but perhaps he could benefit from having his knee scoped in the off season. Might be some built up debris in there.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Anyone see his interview on Avalanche TV? LOL. One report asked, "so you've gone from a good playoff team, to, well.....a bad team, how do you feel about that?"

LOL. What an insult.

BTW, his response was:

"I don't think this team is a bad team"

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
He looks like the rest of us feel about the current season.

I bet he's happy he's going to get an opportunity to play regular minutes in the NHL. Possibly even 3rd line regular minutes.

His contract is up after this season, and playing for the Sharks AHL affiliate (or eating nachos in San Jose) has to be worse for his next contract than playing regular minutes on any NHL team, even one as bad as Colorado.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Considering Nieto's previous situation, I doubt he's unhappy. Those photos are gold though :laugh:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
How do you mean? That he wasn't getting playing time?

Well he was in the process of getting sent to their farm team, in the last year of his contract. I'm sure it's a good thing to get an NHL salary (10x the AHL pay I'd guess) and a chance to prove yourself at this level. Even if our team is a factory of agony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->