Confirmed with Link: Avs Claim Matt Nieto from Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Comeau has worked well with Soderberg in the past. For whatever reason, Soderberg decided he just wouldn't try very hard this season under Bednar. He's had a few games where he's worked hard, but it isn't consistent.

If you can just get Soderberg to play with a consistent effort, pairing him with Comeau and Nieto on the 3rd line to start may not be such a bad idea

Seems like Bednar taking Soderberg off the PP initially caused him to give no ****s. He was trying before that if I recall. Still though Soderberg has to be a big boy about it and hes being fed top unit PP time now so who knows whats up.

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
Nieto this morning.

ATRVVe5.gif

Haha that got me

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Besides absolutely sucking at playing hockey, I must also be reminded of how freaking ugly our jerseys are every time somebody posts a photo. Hopefully we get something half-decent when the Adidas contract kicks in. Not the piped-up, no contrast abomination that we wear now. Look at the Sharks jersey. Clean and bright with contrast, classic lines and color coordination throughout.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
As the Landeskog discussion in the other thread moved to the casual fans' reactions, it should come as no surprise that people on Avs Facebook are pissed about the team claiming a player on waivers.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I love our jerseys. Love our colour scheme. I always seem to be alone in this.

Not really.

First and probably the last time I will agree with you on somehing for quite some time now ;).

I don't get the hate. I love our color scheme.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not really.

First and probably the last time I will agree with you on somehing for quite some time now ;).

I don't get the hate. I love our color scheme.

The Avs' color scheme was a big reason why I paid enough attention to the Avs as a kid to realize that Patrick Roy was the hockey version of Oliver Kahn.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
As the Landeskog discussion in the other thread moved to the casual fans' reactions, it should come as no surprise that people on Avs Facebook are pissed about the team claiming a player on waivers.

Let me guess, because he either isn't a defenseman or we didn't trade for a defenseman?

It's nice they decided to make their first roster improvement move in a month, I'll enjoy the novelty of checking him out but overall I'm pretty whatever on this.

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Wow. I actually like this move. Solid bottom 6 type of guy who should prove to be better anyone the Avs have in that position now.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Was hoping for this pickup, a much better waiver flier than someone like Rattie. Hopefully he can contribute better in the bottom 6 than the current tire fire we have.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Let me guess, because he either isn't a defenseman or we didn't trade for a defenseman?

It's nice they decided to make their first roster improvement move in a month, I'll enjoy the novelty of checking him out but overall I'm pretty whatever on this.

Survey on Twitter says...it's because he's not a defenseman. Found it odd that a fan can recognize that the bottom 6 needs help and gets pissed off that the waiver wire pick up is to help the forwards.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Didn't we say the same thing about Comeau, Soderberg etc... i mean this players likely look better on a good team, and i don't think it's gonna be any different with Nieto.

Not a single player is looking good on the Avs, and why would they when the team has fallen apart like that. But we'll see i guess

Comeau can be one, but I know going into that signing I knew he'd be a frustrating, penalty riddled player.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nieto this morning.

ATRVVe5.gif

Probably singing this song as well.

Jokes aside, glad to see the Avs actually do something to get better. I don't expect Nieto to become a 40 point player, but I also think he is better than a 4th line player who will be given every opportunity here.

So since Avs claimed him, doesn't this move us to the top of the waiver wire standings? If I recall correctly, once you grab a player, you then become the last team for the next player on the waiver. Even if that is the case, Nieto is absolutely a player worth the gamble.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So since Avs claimed him, doesn't this move us to the top of the waiver wire standings? If I recall correctly, once you grab a player, you then become the last team for the next player on the waiver. Even if that is the case, Nieto is absolutely a player worth the gamble.

The Avs still have first choice. It is all about point percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->