Not open for further replies.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Agozzino
Comeau-Grigorenko-Duchene
Martinsen-Soderberg-Iginla
Mcleod-Wagner-Skille/Everberg

Give a young guy an opportunity and see if he runs with it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The difference is we don't have the league's worst roster like you can argue with Carolina. There's no way we should be this bad. I mean coaching is there for a reason. It's mostly to push your team's strengths and scheme around to minimize your team's weaknesses. There doesn't seem to be a plan or cohesion and no set system. Corsi is an overrated stat and I understand Roy is not a huge believer in it, but does our roster justify it having the lowest in the league for pretty much two years now. Roy says that we give up so many shots in our system because we're always going to be an offensive team, but we can't score.

I don't think fans would be as upset if we're playing solid, competitive hockey, and still losing like the Leafs have been. Their roster is crap compared to ours, but you can see that they're a well coached hockey team and those teams are almost always going to be in more games than not. The way we're playing right now directly correlates to poor coaching. All I know is something is going to have to change soon.

I believe it's several things, which is what makes it so difficult. If it was one thing that's easy to see but it's not. I've been saying all season this roster is talent poor. There are some good pieces but to the point of where people have the perception that the sum should be much greater than the parts there is part of the problem. I believe some is system and coaching, not putting the players in the best position to succeed. Then there is some individual efforts, inconsistency. Some of it is due to (omg!) youth and inexperience, some is through not being able to fall back and rely on a structure when things go off track. So we have the end result that is a mess when things go askew for a night or something that looks better when the pieces are pulling in the same direction on any given night.

That's why you can't fix it with one move or one key difference. The while thing has to be improved. Mitchell might be the worst player to miss outside of a core player, it completely exposes the lack of depth in the roster when he's out. Add on top of it uneven goaltending and the people they put on the ice just can't compete.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Would you bring in Tippett? Maloney? both since they are pretty well attached at the hip?

And put them on a team that won't give them an internal cap? Potentially. I've always liked what Tippet has done as a coach with the players he's had. I don't have enough an opinion on Maloney.

But the Avs seem to like to keep it in the family. Maybe now isn't the right time. But if this club is drafting top 5 this summer like I suspect they will be, there needs to be a shakeup in a major way.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Does anyone think Everberg would even be claimed if he was sent down?

No. I think I've seen him make one good play in any of the NHL games i've watched this season. Even if he did i'm not sure he'd be missed that much.

While he looked good last season at times. He seems to me like a guy thats got the benefit of playing for Roy. And Roy seems to like him. I think once Roy is gone, or there is better depth he'll float around and maybe get a 1 year one way deal, then float around on another teams 4th line then end up back over in Europe

He has cleared waivers before hasn't he? My memory is failing me.

He wasn't waiver eligible last time he was sent down. He's played to many NHL games now.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
What a disaster of a game. You could almost feel the culture of failure congealing into a solid mass in the 3rd. Something drastic has to happen, and I feel better about our players than I do our system. Roy needs to go IMO. 2 years of regression, in spite of what I view as progress on the roster and prospect pool.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
What an awful night. Was at a friend's place watching this, and he's a huge Caps fan. Everything is terrible.

Bring in a new coach please, Roy is clueless.

ghostofweezman

Mar 3, 2013
PNW
No. I think I've seen him make one good play in any of the NHL games i've watched this season. Even if he did i'm not sure he'd be missed that much.

While he looked good last season at times. He seems to me like a guy thats got the benefit of playing for Roy. And Roy seems to like him. I think once Roy is gone, or there is better depth he'll float around and maybe get a 1 year one way deal, then float around on another teams 4th line then end up back over in Europe

He wasn't waiver eligible last time he was sent down. He's played to many NHL games now.

AH. Shouldn't do it then. Don't want to lose him for nothing... for now at least.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
What a disaster of a game. You could almost feel the culture of failure congealing into a solid mass in the 3rd. Something drastic has to happen, and I feel better about our players than I do our system. Roy needs to go IMO. 2 years of regression, in spite of what I view as progress on the roster and prospect pool.

I think Roy will either be fired or resign shortly. It's going downhill quick. The 6th goal was incredible, Avs totally lost site of the puck and puck carrier and Barrie looked like a clown.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
New coach won't fix anything

If they can bring in a coach that can implement a solid system then it absolutely will. Like someone else pointed out. What the heck is on the Leafs roster? They still look half way decent most the time.

I don't even know how to describe what it looks like the Avs team does game in game out to me. The only reason they pull out wins here and there is because there are some immensely talented players.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Why do I have the worst luck in the world? Tried to listen to the game on the radio during work and honestly all five times I turned it on getting into my car the Capitals were scoring lol didn't even get any Avs goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad