Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Canucks | Thursday, April 10th, 8pm MT (ALT) | All the Marbles

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
No matter what, looks like the playoffs are starting in Colorado on Thursday night. Looks like I'll be taking Friday off work...

I'd put O'Reilly back at center and have PAP and McGinn on his wings, since Roy seems to want to go back to MacKinnon with Staz.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No matter what, looks like the playoffs are starting in Colorado on Thursday night. Looks like I'll be taking Friday off work...

I'd put O'Reilly back at center and have PAP and McGinn on his wings, since Roy seems to want to go back to MacKinnon with Staz.

Did he say that tonight?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

I would agree. That Stastny line is so good.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Picture_9.png

Take that Hitchdick.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol at that Torts pic. :laugh:

1zdrati.jpg

Roy, very satisfied.

Was it me or was this game very boring? Then you had Haynes PXP basically put me to sleep (why can't we get Marc for television????). Enough of that I would love to come in here without any hate and just say that was a solid 60 minute performance by everyone like against the Blues, but I can't. Malkin again, just looks so damn bad. OMFG if there was a way to switch the #7's from both teams I would love it.

This team is relying too much on Varlamov, more than I personally like to see. No offence to Canucks, but a team that defensive and struggling to score SHOULD NOT be able to put 40 shots against a team with 111 points.

MacKinnon
Landeskog
Johnson
Stostny

All looked great. The 3rd and 4th line is just terrible defensively and get caught for long periods of time.

nanzenkills
I don't understand what your problem with MacKinnon is, but you seem to take a shot at him every chance you get. You really still think that taking him over Jones was a mistake?
It's because I am unbiased, too much of our fanbase has a huge double standard towards the star players which is unfair for the others. I do seem harsh on MacKinnon, but to be fair I am just as critical to ROR, Landeskog, and Duchene as well. Also MacKinnon, besides this week looked truly awful for a good month and half. Nathan is still at that point where is mistakes are extremely noticeable compared to someone like Duchene or Landeskog. So even though I "sound" like I hate MacKinnon, I love him, going to buy his jersey in offseason (due to a potential number change), and Avs DID NOT make the wrong decision picking him. All this does not change the fact that MacKinnon has had 3-5 brutal dives this season, something I cannot hide as a unbiased fan (I really hope he stops it).

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
We just keep on winning without Duchene, trade Duchene!

It's going to be so annoying with the bunch of "I told you so, that shooting % is unsustainable, blah blah blah" if we lose in the playoffs.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
We just keep on winning without Duchene, trade Duchene!

It's going to be so annoying with the bunch of "I told you so, that shooting % is unsustainable, blah blah blah" if we lose in the playoffs.

Oh I'm sure the avs will lose one or two games. Can't go 16-0.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
MacKinnon has had 3-5 brutal dives this season, something I cannot hide as a unbiased fan (I really hope he stops it).

Dives? He makes a point to stand up to every physical test that's put his way, and reverse hits guys all the time. If he's falling it's because his feet are moving so fast when someone interferes with him. He doesn't dive.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Shouldn't EJ get an assist for Malkin's empty netter? I swear he should.

Also, when are the Avs going to get a penatly shot? We seriously should have had close to 5 now (not saying Landeskog's trip was deserved of one).

Dives? He makes a point to stand up to every physical test that's put his way, and reverse hits guys all the time. If he's falling it's because his feet are moving so fast when someone interferes with him. He doesn't dive.
You might not consider it a dive, but he goes down very easy when he knows he can get a call. I believe one of them was the last game against Nashville. Head flopping back, legs in the air, Kezler qualities.

Also I do not like how teams are going after MacKinnon and Varlamov so easily (as we have seen it with Buff). I hope Roy decides to put McLeod and Bordeleau with Nathan sometimes during his shift for crowd control.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Shouldn't EJ get an assist for Malkin's empty netter? I swear he should.

Also, when are the Avs going to get a penatly shot? We seriously should have had close to 5 now (not saying Landeskog's trip was deserved of one).

You might not consider it a dive, but he goes down very easy when he knows he can get a call. I believe one of them was the last game against Nashville. Head flopping back, legs in the air, Kezler qualities.

I'll give you the head flopping and leg motion a bit, but that's because he gets interferred with all the time and never gets calls because he's so strong on his skates. It's the same problem Forsberg had. They have to embellish every now and then to draw calls that are legit interference and hampering their scoring opportunities.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Not entirely out of the question that the Kings/Stars win against Ducks/Blues. Either way the Ducks game on Sun will be a back-to-back for Anaheim.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Is this real life? First in the central? I cannot even explain how amazing this season has been. Patrick Roy took a team that has been irrelevant for nearly a decade to the top of the league in a season. Just hand the man the Jack Adams now.

#whynotus

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'll give you the head flopping and leg motion a bit, but that's because he gets interferred with all the time and never gets calls because he's so strong on his skates. It's the same problem Forsberg had. They have to embellish every now and then to draw calls that are legit interference and hampering their scoring opportunities.

You're right that the amount he puts up with progresses with the equilibrium, but I wish he would stop overall. Forsberg, even though I have said some "things" about in the past, he never dove; even with 10 crosschecks in the back.

Also Kezler is a big man going after Duchene and MacKinnon. He is truly a *********.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You're right that the amount he puts up with progresses with the equilibrium, but I wish he would stop overall. Forsberg, even though I have said some "things" about in the past, he never dove; even with 10 crosschecks in the back.

Also Kezler is a big man going after Duchene and MacKinnon. He is truly a *********.

Forsberg was my all time favorite player but he embelished as much as anyone back then. He had to though, because he was hacked, wacked, and bear hugged all game every game, and never got calls, so I never minded. He put Nate to shame in that department though, if you're upset with what he's doing.

Kesler on the other hand epitomizes a POS diver.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $2,335.00