Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Canes should have pulled Freddy after the 2nd goal, or earlier. For those of us that have watched his meltdowns we could see he was a nervous wreck. The team in front of him was playing scared because of it.

One would think that’s the last time you’ll see him in a playoff game.

Canes tried Gardiner, Freddy…..maybe they’ll try Sammy next.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner.

Pettersson clearly left his feet.

That call was terrible given the standard used in the playoffs. The alternative was he gets run over.

I'd be behind a Leaf player doing the same thing every single time.

Reactions: Jojalu

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

Seems familiar :laugh:

Oddly enough, when we posted a similar thread, we were told that the Leafs had terrible D and that Andersen could only do so much. Funny how that works.

The Oilers fans are some of the most annoying in the NHL.

I understand we’re annoying also, but we know we’re annoying, we embrace it, the Oilers fans just love to talk shit and do nothing about it.

Does anyone want to see the Oilers eliminated more than me?:naughty:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
And I've read here within the past couple of days letting him go was a mistake.

But here it is again.

He isn't bad but he always ends up being the weaker goalie link.
Exactly, and before the excuse was always Leafs defense. Well he played behind one of the best d corps in the league and still blew it

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Angry HFBoards Drama Queen since 2005
Apr 30, 2021

I understand we’re annoying also, but we know we’re annoying, we embrace it, the Oilers fans just love to talk shit and do nothing about it.
I'm not ashamed to say I wholeheartedly want the Canucks to win that series and I'm not alone here. I don't like your team and the feeling is mutual. But there are endearing qualities to your team, like how they battle in the face of adversity, that I can embrace. There is almost nothing about the Oilers or that undeservingly arrogant-ass fanbase that I can embrace. It's like they think they are the 2011 Canucks when there's in actuality no team in the entire league right now as good as that team was.

Calgary fans are pulling for you guys too. So that's Calgary and many Toronto fans, neither of which genuinely like the Canucks at all, that are rooting for Vancouver right now. That's how much we dislike Edmonton.

Exactly, and before the excuse was always Leafs defense. Well he played behind one of the best d corps in the league and still blew it
Anyone that thinks Andersen is anything better than a roll of the dice in an elimination game is lying to themselves. Shesterkin, on the other hand, is frigging LEGIT.

Reactions: Bgav

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Top tier goaltending is required for deep runs in the po. Such an obvious statement and observation, yet some big brained GM's think they're too smart to do the obvious. Seeing Carolina go into the third with the 3-1 lead I was pretty sure nyr were coming back, and Freddie didn't disappoint. That collapse was giving me ptsd.

Keep marner/trade him, get some solid d-men or not, all will be for naught if you don't have 1st class tending. All ghe big brain analysis here or on TV and radio de-emphasize this because it doesn't give them the opportunity to flap their gums, but it's that simple.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

You said it, and nothing will humble them it seems. Here's to Vancouver closing it out this weekend. f*** McDavid.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I have previously said Marchand purposely tries to injure players, and he has in the recent past. Example tripping Liljegren into the end boards ... video shows he puts his stick between Liljegren's legs going into the end boards ... and some people wouldn't accept that.

Well, he's admitted he tries to hurt (injure) players.

So let's stop giving him a free pass or making excuses. So to his defenders, open you eyes. Bruins fans can keep on defending, but opponent fans ...

Reactions: KMNRB

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
McDavid buzzing around doing nothing.

Reminds me of Leafs games where there is so much activity and offensive zone play, and nothing. Other team then goes down to the Leafs zone and scores a late goal, to take a lead into intermission.

Like a little kid throwing punches at an adult who just holds the top of his head as he swings away.

"Are you done yet?"

Reactions: 3blizzard4

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
There’s no fanbase I wanna see lose more than the Oilers. If that means cheering for the Canucks then so be it. lol.

Even if/when they lose, their main excuse will still be "At least we made it further than the Leafs", as if it matters.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Are the Carolina hurricanes this era’s version of the San Jose sharks? Seem to always be favorites every year, top team that never gets it done.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
3) I feel totally disgusting cheering for Vancouver because I really don't like them but I can't help it. I admire their effort and f*** THE OILERS AND THEIR SHITBAG FANS.

I'm fully on the Vancouver bandwagon. Not just because they're facing Edmonton. I like the bounce back season for Boeser, and although he didn't have a down year, Miller took alot of shit as well.

Hoping for a Vancouver - NYR final.*

Most years I'd be rooting for Dallas.* They're the closest thing I have a to a "second team."

*This only applies with the Leafs eliminated. No matter how much they disappoint me ill always root for them.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Angry HFBoards Drama Queen since 2005
Apr 30, 2021
Are the Carolina hurricanes this era’s version of the San Jose sharks? Seem to always be favorites every year, top team that never gets it done.
The analytics nerds love them. They need a reliable goalie in order for their style to be sustainable, however.

I do love North Carolina BBQ more than my own family tho

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Ps1g40EY9bvS-7Ka-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not ashamed to say I wholeheartedly want the Canucks to win that series and I'm not alone here. I don't like your team and the feeling is mutual. But there are endearing qualities to your team, like how they battle in the face of adversity, that I can embrace. There is almost nothing about the Oilers or that undeservingly arrogant-ass fanbase that I can embrace. It's like they think they are the 2011 Canucks when there's in actuality no team in the entire league right now as good as that team was.

Calgary fans are pulling for you guys too. So that's Calgary and many Toronto fans, neither of which genuinely like the Canucks at all, that are rooting for Vancouver right now. That's how much we dislike Edmonton.

Anyone that thinks Andersen is anything better than a roll of the dice in an elimination game is lying to themselves. Shesterkin, on the other hand, is frigging LEGIT.
2011 Canucks were something else!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad