Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Canucks | Thursday, April 10th, 8pm MT (ALT) | All the Marbles

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'll give you the head flopping and leg motion a bit, but that's because he gets interferred with all the time and never gets calls because he's so strong on his skates. It's the same problem Forsberg had. They have to embellish every now and then to draw calls that are legit interference and hampering their scoring opportunities.

I don't care if anyone embellishes on a legit penalty. We still have what the second lowest PPs in the league, it's not like we get calls as it is. It's the flopping out of nowhere which is ridiculous, which is know we don't do. Also, they said the boys tease MacK for being so dramatic when he got hit in practice, I think that's just the way he is.

And really, you gotta do what you gotta do. Nobody hands out Cups for people who play a saintly game. I'm not saying cross the line and become a bunch of Aholes but they are young and need to establish they can play a bit of the underhanded game too. Nobody gives a crap when they are holding the Cup how they got there.

jimmysheva

Mar 16, 2014
Don't the Blues have the head-to-head tie breaker?

Edit:
Never mind. We have more ROW

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Forsberg was my all time favorite player but he embelished as much as anyone back then. He had to though, because he was hacked, wacked, and bear hugged all game every game, and never got calls, so I never minded. He put Nate to shame in that department though, if you're upset with what he's doing.

Kesler on the other hand epitomizes a POS diver.

Really? I would have to go back and watch Avs games, but he never really seemed like a diver to me.

Kezler is a POS for everything except his kids.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After the way the first game of the season ended, who thought that we could be playing the Ducks again on the final game of the season to decide who'll win the west?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BTW guys, Roy is just playing Berra so that I don't have to figure out how to re-sell my tickets to the second playoff game in chicago lol

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Never mind the Division, turn your attention to the Conference! Oh baby.

Ultimate jinx.

I'd really like to see this team get that Division banner, that's the most important thing. It would be a huge tribute to the season, and mean much more than your average Division win.

On another note... NHL tonight, and NHL.com are pretty much ignoring the Avs/Van game. Sad really.... Especially with the story lines involved. (This seems to happen with these late games though)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
2wqtx81.jpg

Photobomb.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Some NHL teams have the best twitters of any pro sports teams. I hope the avs twitter people can become snarky like the Kings and Lumbus

Agreed. The Kings tweets are always fantastic. I'm not particularly a fan of the Kings, but I follow there Twitter account just for those awesome tweets.

I have noticed the Avs twitter account has been getting better at that stuff this season though. Tonights was quite good.

They also had a tweet about the standings which was pretty funny.

On a more game related note, its amazing what confidence has done for Tyson Barrie. The kid looked just like Karlsson on the ice tonight. Everywhere on the ice, pushing the play Offensively, and the goal he scored was a beauty goal.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
How many times did one of our guys just walk right around Edler tonight? Barrie also made him look bad on that toe drag. I thought he turned it around a bit but he was really bad tonight.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is this real life? First in the central? I cannot even explain how amazing this season has been. Patrick Roy took a team that has been irrelevant for nearly a decade to the top of the league in a season. Just hand the man the Jack Adams now.

#whynotus

I just have to say I can't believe this is real life. I can't ever remember having so much fun following a team. I love them as a team too, every single one. Even the warty ones.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 20s
Tonight's #AvsHeader winner RT @BurgundyBlue: Movin’ On Up! @Avalanche #AvsHeader

this **** wins. You guys wonder why I'm always pissed.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Plus minus is a fine stat at the poles. It's the -4's vs. +6's where it becomes a grey area. No one is going to say a guy that's -35 is good defensively nor are they going to say a guy +42 is bad defensively.

Also, is it just me, or do defensemen have no clue how to correctly play a 2 on 1 anymore? Do coaches not teach this? You ALWAYS play the pass and let the goalie take the shot. Every. Single. Time. Too many times, defensemen try and cheat and try and give themselves the option to playing the shot and then either have to go down to try and block the pass or get burned. I've just noticed more and more, not just with the Avs, that defensemen are getting caught in no mans land playing a 2 on 1.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Really? I would have to go back and watch Avs games, but he never really seemed like a diver to me.

Kezler is a POS for everything except his kids.

Haha, yea definitely. Surprised you don't remember. It was his rep for most of his career. Other fans just never knew the amount of crap he put up with that forced him to do it.

I never considered it "diving" though. I considered it embellishing, because most of the time they were legit penalties. Diving to me is just flopping to the ice when no penalty occurred.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Anyone got a gif of Roy's reaction at the end of the game? The little smirk and nod when he knew we won and moved into first place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad