Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Canucks | Thursday, April 10th, 8pm MT (ALT) | All the Marbles

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Got to watch the entire replay of the game on NHL gamecenter ice and I really enjoyed it ! I thought the Avs played a good two first periods ! Barrie and Mackinnon were very visible on the ice during the match. I thought Landeskog played pretty well too. I won't mention Varly, he plays solid for us every game !

I thought we didn't play hard enough in the last five minutes of the third period. Apart from Johnson hitting the post with a hard slap shot, it was all Vancouver and Varly had to come up with some very big saves (the glove save probably being his best of the game) !

It's hard to believe we're actually first of the central at the moment ! Can't wait for tonight ! I've finished my exams and will be getting up at 4 in the morning to watch Avs/Sharks live. It's going to be nice to see Parenteau back, lets hope Berra is in the zone tonight. Can't wait !

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
60461-24449.jpg

Arnason doesn't look too good these days.

What a goal by Barrie, he made Edler his *****.

1st in Central, amazing.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
McGinn may not be the most aware defender up front, but his back checking this season has been top notch. He slowed down several rushes last night by hustling back and has been doing it pretty consistently this year.

Would love to see him be the next guy locked up long term. Perfect glue player who can fit anywhere in the top 9.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
McGinn may not be the most aware defender up front, but his back checking this season has been top notch. He slowed down several rushes last night by hustling back and has been doing it pretty consistently this year.

Would love to see him be the next guy locked up long term. Perfect glue player who can fit anywhere in the top 9.

there have been definitely improvements in this season for him in that area. i considered that one of his weaknesses. he will never be hossa on it or even close but it's not bad anymore.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

He's definitely improved his defensive hustle. Really focused on that because he knows with the Avs firepower offensively, it's more important for him to be a defensive guy on his line, than an offensive one.

The one area he needs to work on though (and it's understandable) is clearing the puck on his bakchand from the right side boards. He kinda flubs on it, and has made some tough turnovers. This is one of the biggest hurdles though playing on you off wing.

Other than that I love how he's consistently been playing. Playing his role perfectly IMO, even when he's not scoring. Would like to see him pop in another one though for 20.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

First Paulie and Radar then Jamie.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Mackinnon also had a very nice back check to break up a play last night when Hansen nearly broke in on Varly. Mackinnon got enough of the pass where it ended up in Hansens skates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad