Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Canucks | Thursday, April 10th, 8pm MT (ALT) | All the Marbles

member 116861

What a game to attend! It wasn't the most fun match to watch but we took the division lead. Stastny scored twice and Barrie also scored so I couldn't be any happier. Also I didn't realize there were that many Avs fans in Vancouver.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What a game to attend! It wasn't the most fun match to watch but we took the division lead. Stastny scored twice and Barrie also scored so I couldn't be any happier. Also I didn't realize there were that many Avs fans in Vancouver.

Starting to get a road presence hm? I like it!

I'm pretty sure Varly has said Roy the proper way before. Maybe he was a wee bit tired.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I've heard him pronounce it correctly plenty of times so that's weird. He now holds the Avs record for wins in a season so maybe he doesn't care anymore. :sarcasm:

member 116861

I got a lot of compliments on my EJ jersey so that was awesome as well. The casual fans are starting to love him as well. After the game, I had to convince a Canucks fan that EJ did not get traded. When I told him that he didn't get traded and that he is our #1 d-man, he tried to convince me that we should trade him. I just laughed at him because I didn't know what he was trying to prove.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
What an incredible season.

Praying for Berra to channel some John Curry swag tomorrow. Gotta clinch this. **** the Blues.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Berra wins tomorrow, and I don't care if he makes 12 saves or let's 6 in, then nobody is ever allowed to complain about him ever again :laugh:

I saw in the DP why their travel is so grueling is because they can't fly into San Jose, they have to take a bus there from San Fran. Geez.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Thank you for contributing to the future of the Canucks.

Lol you guys are funny. Do you do this on every board after every loss?

What if Berra gets a shutout tomorrow.

the-very-best-of-the-conspiracy-keanu-meme.jpg

Lol'd at this really hard.

1st in the division, we're finally on Earth!

Take that 'The Main Board'!!

Yes.

We can clinch tomorrow if we win and they lose.

I can't believe I just read that. This season has been a dream.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Just saw Barrie's goal, what a play! I really hope we win tomorrow cause I'll be at the Anaheim game and it would be something to see them play for 1st in the conference in person.

This season can't be happening!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Haha, yea definitely. Surprised you don't remember. It was his rep for most of his career. Other fans just never knew the amount of crap he put up with that forced him to do it.

I never considered it "diving" though. I considered it embellishing, because most of the time they were legit penalties. Diving to me is just flopping to the ice when no penalty occurred.

Forsberg mastered the art of lifting an opponents stick into his face to draw calls. Forsberg was good at everything he did. The only time I saw him blatantly drop was in the 98' playoffs against Edmonton when Buchberger nudged him after the play stopped.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Wow
Wow
Wow
Talk about the year end crash for our friends in St L!
I'm so happy we beat Vancouver, as they have been hurting us for awhile in previous years.
And
We, at least today, are on top of the heap!
Avs win blues lose we clinch with one game remaining.... Or we win last two and rake it on the run.....
Is Berra really starting? Scary

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
You couldn't ask for a better storyline if we go into Anaheim with 1st place on the line. Season started with Ducks, it'll end with the Ducks. Would only be better if we see them in the WCF.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Definitely a tough spot for him. Hopefully he comes through.

I feel like the more likely outcome is that the Avs fall flat and Berra lets in a bunch of goals. While that sucks, it's not unexpected on a b2b against a tough playoff team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Berra wins tomorrow, and I don't care if he makes 12 saves or let's 6 in, then nobody is ever allowed to complain about him ever again :laugh:

I saw in the DP why their travel is so grueling is because they can't fly into San Jose, they have to take a bus there from San Fran. Geez.

That's not exactly a grueling bus ride, SJ and SF are basically suburbs of each other.

RTN

Be Kind, Rewind
Aug 28, 2008
Yeah I know English isn't his first language, but it's his coach and it's as short as a last name can be.

Well, he did pronounce it the English way, so it has nothing to do with English as a first language.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
You couldn't ask for a better storyline if we go into Anaheim with 1st place on the line. Season started with Ducks, it'll end with the Ducks. Would only be better if we see them in the WCF.

It would be even better if it were the Avs vs. Kings in the WCF ;)

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
It's still feels pretty far away. We've got Sharks and the Ducks remaining, on the road. And we probably have to rest Varly at least for tonight. Lets hope Blues keep falling on their ass.

Edit: Saw just now that Roy said Berra will play tonight. Sorry.

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
I got a lot of compliments on my EJ jersey so that was awesome as well. The casual fans are starting to love him as well. After the game, I had to convince a Canucks fan that EJ did not get traded. When I told him that he didn't get traded and that he is our #1 d-man, he tried to convince me that we should trade him. I just laughed at him because I didn't know what he was trying to prove.

Was this guy about 6 feet tall with dishwater blond hair? Sounds like my BFF's boyfriend, lol.

Dang, what a game... it doesn't feel real...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad