GDT: Avs @ Canes, 12 November 5 PM MT/7pm Eastern

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I liked Cliche blocking two shots in the last minute when the team is up 4-1. When the team does things like that, they're not getting complacent.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I liked Cliche blocking two shots in the last minute when the team is up 4-1. When the team does things like that, they're not getting complacent.

Yea I was impressed by that too. Outside of faceoffs he's been very good in his role on the 4th line, and PK. Underrated speed and some offensive instincts too.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This is a lot easier to do in the 'States than in Canada, specifically for NHL scores of course. There are updates on every radio station and every freaking channel. It's tough.

Plus the people you talk to lol.

My environment isn't exactly hockey free. Walk into the office in the morning - hockey talk. Go play hockey in the evening - hockey talk. Go for a beer with my buds - hockey talk. I've even ruined my girlfriend so much that she talks to me about it now. It isn't possible for me to not hear about "the game"

Plus this year i've been bettign with all my friends on avs games. So now after every game I get a text from a fan of the other team saying "what kind of beer do you want" :laugh:

I haven't paid for a case of beer since september :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Plus the people you talk to lol.

My environment isn't exactly hockey free. Walk into the office in the morning - hockey talk. Go play hockey in the evening - hockey talk. Go for a beer with my buds - hockey talk. I've even ruined my girlfriend so much that she talks to me about it now. It isn't possible for me to not hear about "the game"

Plus this year i've been bettign with all my friends on avs games. So now after every game I get a text from a fan of the other team saying "what kind of beer do you want" :laugh:

I haven't paid for a case of beer since september :laugh:

That reminds me of a friend of mine that's a big boxing fan, and he watches fights on delay or tries to catch the HBO replays a week later. He's mexican and is freinds with a bunch of filipinos, so every time Pacquiao would beat a mexican fighter he'd get lit up by texts talking ****. He'd try to delete them all or just not look at them for a week until he caught the fight, and avoid hearing people talking about the Pacquiao fight or replays on tv at the same time. Needless to say it rarely worked.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good tidbit from Dater on Roy. Figure I'd compliment him for a change in an effort to be fair, rather than bash him.

"Roy, in fact, did lots of skating right along with everyone else, including back-and-forth drills, from each blue line and center line."

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_24506475/avs-putting-perfect-road-record-line-tuesday-at

When was the last time you heard a coach doing skating drills with his players? Just speaks more to the idea that he's partners with them, rather then the traditional authoritative coaching role.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Ror and pap
Then we could call Staz pas
Matt Duchenne would be Md or doctor of goals
Gab Landy
GL or goal lighter
Ej or edge
Ok just silly now
Loved you calling factor your captain
Orielly is amazing, my best defensive winger in hockey.
Go avs let's get a season high tonight!

is this a song

am i supposed to be singing these lines in my head

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Don't think MacKinnon has scored ever since we stopped calling him Beaver Tap. So I'm hoping Beaver Tap gets a goal or 2 tonight, get him going a bit on the score sheet before games against Chicago, St.Louis, etc.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Don't think MacKinnon has scored ever since we stopped calling him Beaver Tap. So I'm hoping Beaver Tap gets a goal or 2 tonight, get him going a bit on the score sheet before games against Chicago, St.Louis, etc.

Were we calling him beaver tap at the time of the montreal game, for some reason i don't think so.

They still have Cam Ward injured!? i like our chances then.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.

he scored recently on a rebound of a random landeskog shot

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
In Chambers' story on Hejda today he said that Hejda was a healthy scratch a few times last year. Anyone recall this or did I repress everything from last season (entirely possible).

I remember at least one game he for sure was.

The genius of Sacco.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
GO
images

images

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Havent notice him beaver tapping of late. :handclap: then again whats the point when you're playing with Mitchell

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I take full responsibility for naming him that.

Havent notice him beaver tapping of late. :handclap: then again whats the point when you're playing with Mitchell

He did kind of stop before that. Someone probably talked to him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Garnetpalmetto, how are you guys feeling about Peters now? Last time we met I think you guys were not looking forward to seeing him in net but he has played well hasn't he? And what happened to the other goalie (not Ward)? I thought he was close to returning back then.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Good tidbit from Dater on Roy. Figure I'd compliment him for a change in an effort to be fair, rather than bash him.

"Roy, in fact, did lots of skating right along with everyone else, including back-and-forth drills, from each blue line and center line."

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_24506475/avs-putting-perfect-road-record-line-tuesday-at

When was the last time you heard a coach doing skating drills with his players? Just speaks more to the idea that he's partners with them, rather then the traditional authoritative coaching role.

Roy did say he wants to lose weight.

After all he'll probably be manning the nets if Varly gets convicted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad