Ror and pap
Then we could call Staz pas
Matt Duchenne would be Md or doctor of goals
Gab Landy
GL or goal lighter
Ej or edge
Ok just silly now
Loved you calling factor your captain
Orielly is amazing, my best defensive winger in hockey.
Go avs let's get a season high tonight!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Well I can watch the game on GCL the next day but that sucks ass. :D

Ah, even better. Just out of curiosity why does it suck? I've never had GCL but might in the future. Just because you can't watch it live, or is the quality or something about it worse?

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Ah, even better. Just out of curiosity why does it suck? I've never had GCL but might in the future. Just because you can't watch it live, or is the quality or something about it worse?

I'm pretty sure he just means watching a game on delay instead of live sucks.

Buying GCL makes sense if you're a fan in a market where Avs aren't televised too much. I have it and its great because there's not many blackouts. The quality is good, I hook it up to my TV with hdmi and sure it might not be HD or anything but it looks fine. If you live somewhere within Altitude's range then most of the games are probably blacked out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is interesting to me that of the Avs starting defense tonight, only two players had played 20 or more NHL games before their 28th birthday.

EJ - 19
Sarich - 21
Guenin - 28
Hedja -28
Benoit - 29

Holden has only played 10 games, but he will likely be 26 when it happens.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I don't get it.

I think he's saying we're the new bandwagon team.

It is interesting to me that of the Avs starting defense tonight, only two players had played 20 or more NHL games before their 28th birthday.

EJ - 19
Sarich - 21
Guenin - 28
Hedja -28
Benoit - 29

Holden has only played 10 games, but he will likely be 26 when it happens.

For some reason I was thinking Benoit was 23/24 this whole time.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

No, the quality is fine and GCL works great for me as a Finn but as the other guy said, I don't like watching sports on delay. And I always seem to fail my media blackout and see the score somewhere. :laugh:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
For some reason I was thinking Benoit was 23/24 this whole time.

andre_benoit_colorado.jpg

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Is Peters starting for Carolina?

As Justin Peters is still both alive and under contract with the Carolina Hurricanes and neither Wardo or Qdoba are back to where they could play again, the answer is yes. The chances of Murphy getting a start are somewhere between slim and none.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I had GCL for a few years and always had issues. Delays, picture quality etc.. This year I decided to pay the extra 30$ and get Center Ice. Best decision i've ever made. Every game in HD, you get to watch the intermission shows and it's all done through your remote. No need to hook anything else up to your tv.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I had GCL for a few years and always had issues. Delays, picture quality etc.. This year I decided to pay the extra 30$ and get Center Ice. Best decision i've ever made. Every game in HD, you get to watch the intermission shows and it's all done through your remote. No need to hook anything else up to your tv.

Well yes, I should note that GCL is always somewhere around a minute behind. Therefore the (useless) Avs phone app and twitter have spoiled goals for me.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just listened to Matts post game

"We are playing .500 hockey and not playing like a team thats 14-2"

I love it. Matt not satisfied.

I was a bit confused by that statement at first too, but judging from the context, I think he meant their mentality after games is that they're playing .500 hockey. In terms of staying humble which Patrick has stressed all year.

I'm sure he thinks they can improve on things, but I think he knows they're a little better than a .500 team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No, the quality is fine and GCL works great for me as a Finn but as the other guy said, I don't like watching sports on delay. And I always seem to fail my media blackout and see the score somewhere. :laugh:

Yea I remember when I had Center Ice and would DVR games, it took full commitment and vigilance to avoid seeing the score. Even knowing if it was a close game or blowout ruined it.

I eventually trained myself to just go into complete sensory shutdown mode when I knew something hockey related could be displayed. Whether it was ESPN or VS on in a bar or restaurant, the crawl on the screen giving away scores, everything.

The worst was if I was DVR'ing two things at the same time, or left the game on the channel and forgot when I turned on the tv late in the game and saw some type of celebration or the score. Especially when a roommate would have dvr'd something at the same time so it switched to the game without me knowing because it had to be on one of the channels when recording two events.

Playoff games in this situation are excruciating because they could go three OT's, and if you turn on the tv to see they're still playing an hour or two after regulation time should have ended, it ruins the suspense of the first three periods and the last few minutes of the 3rd.

You have to really train your eyes not to move up to the corner of the screen where the score is, and when you become an expert you don't even have to think about it. Your eyes just defocus whenever you see a bunch of white ice on the screen, and you go into auto pilot mode.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Yea I remember when I had Center Ice and would DVR games, it took full commitment and vigilance to avoid seeing the score. Even knowing if it was a close game or blowout ruined it.

I eventually trained myself to just go into complete sensory shutdown mode when I knew something hockey related could be displayed. Whether it was ESPN or VS on in a bar or restaurant, the crawl on the screen giving away scores, everything.

The worst was if I was DVR'ing two things at the same time, or left the game on the channel and forgot when I turned on the tv late in the game and saw some type of celebration or the score. Especially when a roommate would have dvr'd something at the same time so it switched to the game without me knowing because it had to be on one of the channels when recording two events. Playoff games in this situation are excruciating because they could go three OT's, and if you turnon the tv to see they're in OT an hour or two after regulation time should have ended, it ruins the suspense of the first three periods and the last few minutes of the 3rd.

You have to really train your eyes not to move up to the corner of the screen where the score is, and when you become an expert you don't even have to think about it. Your eyes just defocus whenever you see a bunch of white ice on the screen, and you go into auto pilot mode.

This is a lot easier to do in the 'States than in Canada, specifically for NHL scores of course. There are updates on every radio station and every freaking channel. It's tough.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This is a lot easier to do in the 'States than in Canada, specifically for NHL scores of course. There are updates on every radio station and every freaking channel. It's tough.

Yea, luckily at the time I was living in San Diego too where no one watches hockey, so I didn't have to worry about over hearing some conversation about the Avs game.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Well yes, I should note that GCL is always somewhere around a minute behind. Therefore the (useless) Avs phone app and twitter have spoiled goals for me.

What Avs phone app?

I remember looking for one a while ago but none were there in the App Store.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->