GDT: Avs @ Bolts: Last Second Edition

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ya don't buy it. You just had a week off. I guess everyone is just tired from partying before the roadie.

Forget the holes in the lineup and the current injuries, they aren't winning anything with Mikko playing like this the rest of the way. He needs to be a difference maker.
Another thing that is overlooked: this team is exceptionally healthy, especially for the Avs. All our superstars and our whole defense are healthy. We're missing Nuke and LOC, that's it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bednar laying it out there about how bad and dumb they are playing. Basically said they don't work hard enough, and make too many dumb mistakes to win.
They work plenty hard. The team just doesn't have talent to win games right now.

They've got a 3rd line as their 2nd line, a 4th line (with an AHL center) as their 3rd line and three guys who shouldn't be in the NHL on their 4th line.

Tough to win unless MacKinnon goes nuts most nights with that lineup.

If MacFarland doesn't fix it by the TDL, he deserves to be fired the very next day.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
They work plenty hard. The team just doesn't have talent to win games right now.

They've got a 3rd line as their 2nd line, a 4th line (with an AHL center) as their 3rd line and three guys who shouldn't be in the NHL on their 4th line.

Tough to win unless MacKinnon goes nuts most nights with that lineup.

If MacFarland doesn't fix it by the TDL, he deserves to be fired the very next day.
I agree with most of this, but it's our star talent making a lot of the mistakes. Toews and Makar are getting lost in the Dzone every other shift. I don't know if they're expecting more winger help, but they look brutal out there. Makar might have a fatigue excuse, playing close to 28 minutes a night, but Toews has only been around 21 lately.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Our Dmen outside of Makar have no excuses. They're only playing at most 20 minutes.
They have to typically cover forwards out of position and making miscues due to the forwards being exhausted. Still 18-19 out of Manson is too much. Same with 15 out of JMFJ. You can’t ride top guys for 50-60-70 games and not have the legs go out at some point. It helps you win games 20-40 at the cost of 60-80 or the playoffs. Been seen many times before including here.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
They need to commit to playing defense first. It's a f***ing gong show back there and they are 11-ply soft.
I say alot of that has to do with their forward group.

Compare that team that won the cup to this years team, and it's not close.

Landy/Mack/Nuke vs. JD/Mack/Mikko
Lehky/Naz/Mikko vs. Lehky/RyJo/Nuke
Bura/JTC/NAK vs Wood/Rosco/LOC
Cogs/Helmo/LOC vs Cogs/Olaf/ZP
Dermy/Sturm/Hook vs Dermy/Kivi

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
It’s clear JD has been riding Mack’s coattails all season long. As soon as Mack goes cold Drouin looks awful. Add him to our long list of problems because if he’s in the top 6 come playoff time it’s a problem.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
It’s clear JD has been riding Mack’s coattails all season long. As soon as Mack goes cold Drouin looks awful. Add him to our long list of problems because if he’s in the top 6 come playoff time it’s a problem.
Drouin, more than anyone, has shown significant signs of fatigue. He is still putting in the effort, but he simply can't play the minutes that the top line is being tasked with. Mackinnon can, because he is a pysical freak, and Rantanen can, because he floats around.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Didn't get to watch seems like I didn't miss much. Looks like the same shit.

Saw 29 took a puck off the face pretty hard, is he ok?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They just came out of the all-star break and have had enough off days. I don't buy this.

There's a shortage of NHL talent up front and no NHL talent whatsoever in the crease.
There is certainly a lack of talent… but it is clear the top guys just don’t have the jump right now. A week off doesn’t change 4 months of being run into the ground.

Reactions: cinchronicity

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Missed this one. The result was expected. All those minutes have caught up to Mackinnon and Makar. I dont blame them for the drop in play I blame that f*** Macfarland for doing nothing to fix the glaring holes on this roster thats caused those two to hit a wall.
It's getting insane that there is little to no movement on the roster. It hasn't been working since Nov. Not sure why this is so difficult, CMac is just being a stubborn a-hole who can't accept that the team he built is pretty crappy.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not even gonna call out Annunen tonight. The defensive breakdowns were beyond inexcusable.

Also not gonna call out Bo Byram. Yet another really good game from him.

But the rest of the lineup…what the f***. Quite possibly the worst defensive game I’ve ever seen from Toews.

Whatever. The worst road trip ever is finally, mercifully over. Get home and get your f***ing ducks in order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad