GDT: Avs @ Bolts: Last Second Edition

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
A beat up and bad Tampa team controlled. Not great. Annunen was good despite some very obvious holes in his game. Gotta win when he plays a decent game to steal points.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Fun game to watch, but holy eff so many breakaways against, hard to fault Annunen. That had to be one of the worst performances I've seen from Girard as well, he was caught so many times. The entire defensive core was so bad though.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Lehky - Jenner - Nuke would be such a hard working 2nd line. Then the roaring 20s for the 3rd. With Cogs and Praise on the wings on the 4th would make us a much deeper team.

Taking the gamble on Johansen has really f***ed us this season. We need to unload that POS ASAP. He provides 0 positives. Not even as a 4C would he help us.

Reactions: xAvsx89

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not just this trip. We get outplayed every other game now (if not more)...definitely the worst Avs team since 2018
I don't agree with that, and the analytics support that this team doesn't get outplayed more often than not.

Problem is they're not a dominant team anymore. They're a team in that 8-12 range, below the truly elite teams and it's because of a lack of depth.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Lehky - Jenner - Nuke would be such a hard working 2nd line. Then the roaring 20s for the 3rd. With Cogs and Praise on the wings on the 4th would make us a much deeper team.

Taking the gamble on Johansen has really f***ed us this season. We need to unload that POS ASAP. He provides 0 positives. Not even as a 4C would be help us.

It's funny, the guy seemed so amped to be here in the offseason, I thought we would maybe see a bit more effort with the change of scenery. Johansen has been one of the laziest, slowest, worthless player's to ever wear an Avs jersey.

We somehow lost a trade where we gave up a pending UFA who didn't sign with the Preds and isn't in the NHL now. He absolutely has to go.

Reactions: sethro109

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
If we’re this frustrated as fans by watching them play RyJo, can you imagine how frustrated you’d be as a player to have to play on his line? Then if you’re lucky enough to not be saddled on his line you get the privilege of being centered by Olofsson. **** right off CMac, I’m tired.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Top guys were out there for the last 2.5 mins. Didn’t have the legs to carry it in or play the dump and chase game. That was some of the easiest retrieval and clears you’ll see from a team at a man disadvantage.

Byram continues to be frustrating. The defensive miscues and lack of awareness stand out even on a night where he scores two goals with really nice plays and offensive instincts. No idea where they go with him.

Team really went to **** when Parise showed up. Brought all the Mild loser vibes with him.

Annunen deserved better.

Reactions: xAvsx89 and S E P H

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't agree with that, and the analytics support that this team doesn't get outplayed more often than not.

Problem is they're not a dominant team anymore. They're a team in that 8-12 range, below the truly elite teams and it's because of a lack of depth.
Our winger depth is injured and in the players assistance program. Our center depth left for Calgary.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
It's funny, the guy seemed so amped to be here in the offseason, I thought we would maybe see a bit more effort with the change of scenery. Johansen has been one of the laziest, slowest, worthless player's to ever wear an Avs jersey.

We somehow lost a trade where we gave up a pending UFA who didn't sign with the Preds and isn't in the NHL now. He absolutely has to go.
I'm not trying to speculate, but it's so bad right now, I just have to wonder if there is more going on with Johansen.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

But that's exactly what it is, an excuse. This team needs to stop making them and fix their problems. Yes we need center help, but the on ice mistakes need to stop piling up every game. If our goalie isn't shitting the bed, then it's the D getting lost, and if those two are clicking, the forwards can't score. This team is much more frustrating than last year's. The potential is there, but they just keep f***ing up.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca

But that's exactly what it is, an excuse. This team needs to stop making them and fix their problems. Yes we need center help, but the on ice mistakes need to stop piling up every game. If our goalie isn't shitting the bed, then it's the D getting lost, and if those two are clicking, the forwards can't score. This team is much more frustrating than last year's. The potential is there, but they just keep f***ing up.

Ya don't buy it. You just had a week off. I guess everyone is just tired from partying before the roadie.

Forget the holes in the lineup and the current injuries, they aren't winning anything with Mikko playing like this the rest of the way. He needs to be a difference maker.

Also, kudos to Tampa. They're dialed in right now and 11-3 in their last 14. Played a good, hardm entertaining game

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Just finished watching the game... Meh I thought Annunen made a lot of great saves.

TB are still a bunch of whiny cry-babies.. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany