Principle's Office
Jeeze get a room guys :sarcasm:

Yea wtf is this love fest

dealwithit.gif

:biglaugh:

Dick Duff

Feb 17, 2014
Edmonton
I liked the rock opera because I was a Deep Purple's and Ian Gillan's fan.

I loved that player since he was a rookie, never seen somebody like him before or since.

I lived in bliss for 7 years being able to root for the Nords and the Habs at the same time.

Sorry, bad eyesight. Is that J.C. Tremblay? If so, he is also one of my all-time favourites. What a magician with the puck he truly was.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Can @HuGo Sham @NobleSix and @Runner77 tell us about their avatars?

All three have been sporting the same avy since before the garbageman came to town.

I have always been a big fan of of science fiction, specifically the more grungy and dirty cyberpunk sub genre of sci-fi. Growing up I was always on the poorer side of society, despite this my parents always made sure to spoil me with the latest toys and gadgets that every kid could ever want. I guess I was so drawn to that kind of genre because I myself always felt like somewhat of a "high tech low life".

I was always drawn to works like neuromancer, altered carbon, blade runner etc, and when I stumbled onto Josan Gozalez's art book "The Future is Now" , it immediately stuck with me as well. I thought an avatar from that art book was appropriate at the time because Bergevin had just came in and we were supposed to be ushering in a new age with a new youth movement, thus "The Future of the Habs is Now".

Obviously that wasn't the case looking back, but that artbook is still a masterpiece in my mind and I haven't found anything yet that would make me want to change it.

qmcsrrjiyt2cmk58yooy.jpg

neuromancer-drawing-book-cover-cyberpunk-wires-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

0MIq3A6_d.webp

Thanks for asking :thumbu:

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Sorry, bad eyesight. Is that J.C. Tremblay? If so, he is also one of my all-time favourites. What a magician with the puck he truly was.

Magic like you won't see anymore. I remember once Tremblay was carrying the puck in his zone, left of the goalie going behind the goal. Toronto Toro's coach pointed Tremblay to his goon (I was maybe the tenth row behind the visitor's bench) and got him on the ice. A Toro's big guy (Wayne Carleton) was chasing Tremblay from the left of the goal, forcing him to go to the right, toward Toro's bench. He was skating along the board when he fumbled the puck: the guy behind him accelerated to full speed to hit him with maximum impact while the goon coming from the bench was in all out mode. Tremblay had his head down trying to retrieve the puck while those two trains were closing on him. Just before the impact, he got control of the puck, flipped it over his shoulder, reversed his stick behind is back, caught the puck waist high behind him on his blade and took one step back while those two Toro's collided witless.

They were still down when he was crossing the Toro's blue line on a five against three. That's magic you won't see anymore.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I have always been a big fan of of science fiction, specifically the more grungy and dirty cyberpunk sub genre of sci-fi. Growing up I was always on the poorer side of society, despite this my parents always made sure to spoil me with the latest toys and gadgets that every kid could ever want. I guess I was so drawn to that kind of genre because I myself always felt like somewhat of a "high tech low life".

I was always drawn to works like neuromancer, altered carbon, blade runner etc, and when I stumbled onto Josan Gozalez's art book "The Future is Now" , it immediately stuck with me as well. I thought an avatar from that art book was appropriate at the time because Bergevin had just came in and we were supposed to be ushering in a new age with a new youth movement, thus "The Future of the Habs is Now".

Obviously that wasn't the case looking back, but that artbook is still a masterpiece in my mind and I haven't found anything yet that would make me want to change it.

qmcsrrjiyt2cmk58yooy.jpg

0MIq3A6_d.webp

Great illustrations, dude. Big thanks for answering the call.

Reactions: NobleSix

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

qmcsrrjiyt2cmk58yooy.jpg

0MIq3A6_d.webp

I notice that all of these have a red background, which is one of the colors perceived most vividly, especially compared to blue, and often the opposite of a background (we advocate red font on blue chromatic background, rather than the other way around). I teach a class on psychophysics of human vision and how it relates to writing visually compelling software. The upshot is that this choice of red background heightens the otherworldly effect of the foreground content.

Reactions: NobleSix

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I notice that all of these have a red background, which is the color perceived most vividly, and often the polar opposite of a background (we advocate red font on some other chromatic background, rather than the other way around). I teach a class on psychophysics of human vision and how it relates to writing visually compelling software. The upshot is that this choice of red background heightens the otherworldly effect of the foreground content.

You must've read VS Ramachandran?

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Should be evident,not clever at all.lol
Simply used parts of my names and just so happens to reflect my favorite means of transport.lol

I notice that all of these have a red background, which is one of the colors perceived most vividly, especially compared to blue, and often the opposite of a background (we advocate red font on blue chromatic background, rather than the other way around). I teach a class on psychophysics of human vision and how it relates to writing visually compelling software. The upshot is that this choice of red background heightens the otherworldly effect of the foreground content.
Matadors like using red as well.lol

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

Interesting! I never considered that.

I imagine that does have something to do with the colour choice. Whereas a more blue background would be considered a part of the "normal/natural" world, a red background could illicit feelings of dystopia/the unnatural. Cool to think about how a thing such as colour plays with the perception of an image through the subconscious mind. Thank you for your insight:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad