OT: Avatars, the real story.

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004
Following @Belial's comment yesterday about me changing avatars too often, I got to thinking about why people choose a particular subject.

There's apparently a point to the avatar. What it is, I don't know. Maybe I'll get some answers from you guys?

What do cars, @OldCraig71 dogs @Mrb1p , actors @Matthew McConaughay , cartoon characters, @HabSgt etc... have to do with the Habs?

Some use pics of past deceased favourite pets as an homage, some post pics of their kids or other family members, I go with Miley now.
My history of Avatars only contains a few. My first avatar was Shania in a Habs costume, but I saw someone else using it so I changed it after only a few weeks.
View attachment 560074

I used my niece's infant in his Habs jammies. That one stayed for a while.
View attachment 560062
Then one day, I found this and it became my go to avatar for years, even had him wearing a mask during the pandemic. It was fun while it lasted but I became restless and needed a change.
View attachment 560072

I didn't really know who Miley Cyrus was, I knew she was Billy Ray's daughter and that's it.
One day I came across the Hannah Montana series and noticed it was her. Just pre-teen garbage and moved on.
I was aware of her outrageousness from articles and video clips of her performing and twerking. Wasn't impressed.

Then I saw her wrecking ball video, and being a male, albeit an old one, I still had eyes. (and mostly, ears).
After re-watchng it and listening with my full attention, I was impressed. This girl can sing like it's nobody's business.

I spent the next few hours on Youtube devouring her, but not so much
her older stuff. It was her choice of covers, and the ease at witch she did some of them. Black Dog, Immigrant song, are two good examples.
Then Midnight sky came out, and that was it, I was hooked. And her band is near perfection.

So, like it or not, she's my avy of choice in as many flavours as you want.
Please keep up with new pics of Miley. I for one , appreciate them.

Mine is quite simple I guess.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The Life and Times of Joey Saputo.

Get it? He said cheesy Italian. Saputo is a cheese company.

Badumpapshhhh....

Nobody? Just me? All right then....
bravisimo.gif

:wave:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Same Avatar for me 13 years this June 30th. Or did the default one change ? Dunno.

Reactions: PhysicX

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
For my avatar, I just like their style. With the clothing, the hair and their confidence, Jagr and Straka are badass. I was also born in the 80s...
Marty Straka is one of my all time favorites, loved the way he played.

The current avatar is a Duesenberg, beautiful car. Remember liking Chaplin's 'A Dog's Life' and changing it to the picture below, one of my favorites. Just like a change now and then.

1*IJKmYR1GdyVfedbPDC4IhQ.jpeg

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Following @Belial's comment yesterday about me changing avatars too often, I got to thinking about why people choose a particular subject.

There's apparently a point to the avatar. What it is, I don't know. Maybe I'll get some answers from you guys?

What do cars, @OldCraig71 dogs @Mrb1p , actors @Matthew McConaughay , cartoon characters, @HabSgt etc... have to do with the Habs?

Some use pics of past deceased favourite pets as an homage, some post pics of their kids or other family members, I go with Miley now.
My history of Avatars only contains a few. My first avatar was Shania in a Habs costume, but I saw someone else using it so I changed it after only a few weeks.
View attachment 560074

I used my niece's infant in his Habs jammies. That one stayed for a while.
View attachment 560062
Then one day, I found this and it became my go to avatar for years, even had him wearing a mask during the pandemic. It was fun while it lasted but I became restless and needed a change.
View attachment 560072

I didn't really know who Miley Cyrus was, I knew she was Billy Ray's daughter and that's it.
One day I came across the Hannah Montana series and noticed it was her. Just pre-teen garbage and moved on.
I was aware of her outrageousness from articles and video clips of her performing and twerking. Wasn't impressed.

Then I saw her wrecking ball video, and being a male, albeit an old one, I still had eyes. (and mostly, ears).
After re-watchng it and listening with my full attention, I was impressed. This girl can sing like it's nobody's business.

I spent the next few hours on Youtube devouring her, but not so much
her older stuff. It was her choice of covers, and the ease at witch she did some of them. Black Dog, Immigrant song, are two good examples.
Then Midnight sky came out, and that was it, I was hooked. And her band is near perfection.

So, like it or not, she's my avy of choice in as many flavours as you want.
I like Miley’s cover of Zombie. She’s no Delores, but most people are no Miley.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I made this account cause I was banned for calling Ryan Malone a psycho for attacking Emelin during a game. Of course guy was busted for cocaine later and has mental illnesses so no libelous words came from my mouth. Used to be the Kremelin Wall.

Anyway just wanted to post a little and didn't pick an avatar, always expected to be banned again. Then Beliveau died switched to 4. Then Lafleur passed and Lafeleurs Guy messaged me to update so I figured why not, I honored Le Gros Bill for a long time. Not sure there's another legend until Saku or Carey pass I would change for but maybe I'll switch when Carey retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad