OT: Avatars, the real story.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Following @Belial's comment yesterday about me changing avatars too often, I got to thinking about why people choose a particular subject.

There's apparently a point to the avatar. What it is, I don't know. Maybe I'll get some answers from you guys?

What do cars, @OldCraig71 dogs @Mrb1p , actors @Matthew McConaughay , cartoon characters, @HabSgt etc... have to do with the Habs?

Some use pics of past deceased favourite pets as an homage, some post pics of their kids or other family members, I go with Miley now.
My history of Avatars only contains a few. My first avatar was Shania in a Habs costume, but I saw someone else using it so I changed it after only a few weeks.
d7d9c997e6e7f40fd990ab833125a310.jpg

I used my niece's infant in his Habs jammies. That one stayed for a while.
jacob.jpg

Then one day, I found this and it became my go to avatar for years, even had him wearing a mask during the pandemic. It was fun while it lasted but I became restless and needed a change.
Screenshot 2022-06-19 105259.png

I didn't really know who Miley Cyrus was, I knew she was Billy Ray's daughter and that's it.
One day I came across the Hannah Montana series and noticed it was her. Just pre-teen garbage and moved on.
I was aware of her outrageousness from articles and video clips of her performing and twerking. Wasn't impressed.

Then I saw her wrecking ball video, and being a male, albeit an old one, I still had eyes. (and mostly, ears).
After re-watchng it and listening with my full attention, I was impressed. This girl can sing like it's nobody's business.

I spent the next few hours on Youtube devouring her, but not so much
her older stuff. It was her choice of covers, and the ease at witch she did some of them. Black Dog, Immigrant song, are two good examples.
Then Midnight sky came out, and that was it, I was hooked. And her band is near perfection.

So, like it or not, she's my avy of choice in as many flavours as you want.

Last edited:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
The priest of St-Viateur church, fr Paul, told me to check out the Apocalypse tapestry from Anvers. I was amazed by the art. It was produced around the time of the black death and the 100 years war. It was desecrated during the French Revolution, then restaured. I really liked this dragon tapestry I have as a profile picture, it represents the abyss and beyond, something like that; shortly said.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Following @Belial's comment yesterday about me changing avatars too often, I got to thinking about why people choose a particu8alr subject.

There's apparently a point to the avatar. What it is, I don't know. Maybe I'll get some answers from you guys?

What do cars, @OldCraig71 dogs @Mrb1p , actors @Matthew McConaughay , cartoon characters, @HabSgt etc... have to do with the Habs?

Some use pics of past deceased favourite pets as an homage, some post pics of their kids or other family members, I go with Miley now.
My history of Avatars only contains a few. My first avatar was Shania in a Habs costume, but I saw someone else using it so I changed it after only a few weeks.
View attachment 560074

I used my niece's infant in his Habs jammies. That one stayed for a while.
View attachment 560062
Then one day, I found this and it became my go to avatar for years, even had him wearing a mask during the pandemic. It was fun while it lasted but I became restless and needed a change.
View attachment 560072

I didn't really know who Miley Cyrus was, I knew she was Billy Ray's daughter and that's it.
One day I came across the Hannah Montana series and noticed it was her. Just pre-teen garbage and moved on.
I was aware of her outrageousness from articles and video clips of her performing and twerking. Wasn't impressed.

Then I saw her wrecking ball video, and being a male, albeit an old one, I still had eyes. (and mostly, ears).
After re-watchng it and listening with my full attention, I was impressed. This girl can sing like it's nobody's business.

I spent the next few hours on Youtube devouring her, but not so much
her older stuff. It was her choice of covers, and the ease at witch she did some of them. Black Dog, Immigrant song, are two good examples.
Then Midnight sky came out, and that was it, I was hooked. And her band is near perfection.

So, like it or not, she's my avy of choice in as many flavours as you want.
don't need to justify a thing homie ✌️ keep on doing you

ps i like the Miley avatars they're fun

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The priest of St-Viateur church, fr Paul, told me to check out the Apocalypse tapestry from Anvers. I was amazed by the art. It was produced around the time of the black death and the 100 years war. It was desecrated during the French Revolution, then restaured. I really liked this dragon tapestry I have as a profile picture, it represents the abyss and beyond, something like that; shortly said.
They sure had good dope in those days. :laugh:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
A few years ago there was craze around "pitbull" type dogs because of Coderres fearmongering and people were being ignorant about them around here and I took it upon myself to be their number one champion.

I used to rock a sick Larry Robinsons avatar because Larrys the man.
My sister's dog has a lot of pit in him, but a little boxer makes him loveable.

Reactions: Mrb1p

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Can @HuGo Sham @NobleSix and @Runner77 tell us about their avatars?

All three have been sporting the same avy since before the garbageman came to town.
IF I told you I'd have to K....
;)

it's a photo from an old, cheesy Italian horror movie - like many of my hockey takes.

her expression reminds me of how I feel watching the Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad