GDT: Avalanche vs Flames 7:00PM MST 03/12/24 (Non Emergency Edition GDT)

Do you still miss Kadri?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • No (Lie)

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Open locket from around your neck with a picture of Kadri and cry.

Votes: 30 42.3%

• Total voters

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
Annunen doing nothing to dispel the notion that goalies are voodoo. All I read on here this year from people who watched him play in the AHL was that he wasn’t even a good AHL starter. I’m sure he’ll come back to earth a little once teams get more tape on him, but can’t help but be encouraged by his play as of late.

Reactions: LTCPain75

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Drouin is at his best when anticipating the actions of elite skaters and making cheat code passes to them. Right now, he is paired with another pass-first player, and a guy CMac got for the 4th line; having played literally only minutes with his line-mates; having never played with EITHER linemate until this week.

Furthermore, there is less than zero chance that Landy plays top 6 this year...if at all.

While Bednar is too stubborn to try it full-time, the best top 6 is:

Drouin - Mac - Nuke
Lehky - Mitts - Mikko

Each line has a facilitator, a sniper and a dirty work guy. I am not saying that Drouin is better than Mikko - not even better than Lehky. But this is placing assets where they can be most valuable on a team. Again, Landy is absolutely NOT playing 1LW in the playoffs. Do you understand what his injury is? They are literally regrowing cartilage. His physician says 12 to 18 months. Mid-May is 12. If he slips in the shower and screws up the cartilage, it is another 12 to 18 - meaning his career is functionally over.

Mac looks like he has a good shot at the Ross and Hart this year. His best production was with Drouin on his left. That is not a coincidence.
I wouldn’t count out Landy playing top 6 if he comes back, unless of course you have direct knowledge on the situation. Yes I’m aware of his injury, but if he returns that tells me they’re confident in his knee holding up. They wouldn’t risk it otherwise.

I maintain that I’d prefer Drouin not be in the top 6 come playoff time. JD operates well when he has time and space to make a play and yes having Mackinnon as an elite skater helps create that space, there will be a lot less of it come playoff time.

Also, Mackinnon’s best production comes with Rants and one of Nuke/Lehky on his line at 5v5.

I can see your argument for JD to play top line in order to balance out the scoring but my whole point was that IF Landy’s able to play in playoffs, ideally your wingers in the top 6 are himself, Rants, Nuke and Lehky.

If Landeskog doesn’t come back or can’t play top 6 for whatever reason, then yes Drouin will be in the top 6 by virtue of having no other option.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I wouldn’t count out Landy playing top 6 if he comes back, unless of course you have direct knowledge on the situation. Yes I’m aware of his injury, but if he returns that tells me they’re confident in his knee holding up. They wouldn’t risk it otherwise.

I maintain that I’d prefer Drouin not be in the top 6 come playoff time. JD operates well when he has time and space to make a play and yes having Mackinnon as an elite skater helps create that space, there will be a lot less of it come playoff time.

Also, Mackinnon’s best production comes with Rants and one of Nuke/Lehky on his line at 5v5.

I can see your argument for JD to play top line in order to balance out the scoring but my whole point was that IF Landy’s able to play in playoffs, ideally your wingers in the top 6 are himself, Rants, Nuke and Lehky.

If Landeskog doesn’t come back or can’t play top 6 for whatever reason, then yes Drouin will be in the top 6 by virtue of having no other option.
Yeah, i think if Landy comes back for playoffs and will prove to be good enough to play on top-six, it will be him, who will do so, as he is superior player. Whether Drouin will be bumped to bottom six then, or it will be Lehkonen (as he might be more useful in such role than Drouin, being grittier), is anyone´s guess. I would not even be surprised to see Drouin end up healthy scratch in playoffs, if Landy returns.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm really liking Duhaime's game so far - physical, scrappy and he can skate. Not just some palooka running around trying to intimidate people. The "Anti-Derm" if you will.

So far, a sneaky-good pick-up by CMac.

Yes, I've always asked that if the Avs want to get a tough guy, just please get a tough guy who can play, or SKATE at the very least.

I certainly didn't like him when he played for the Wylde but he's winning me over pretty quick. :laugh:

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad