GDT: Avalanche vs Flames 7:00PM MST 03/12/24 (Non Emergency Edition GDT)

Do you still miss Kadri?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • No (Lie)

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Open locket from around your neck with a picture of Kadri and cry.

Votes: 30 42.3%

• Total voters

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
The practice time over this past weekend certainly helped the new guys integrate more into the system and style of the Avs. To my eye Mittlestadt has the most room for improvement with further integration into the system. The fact that he is now playing with better players will bring out more of his latent skills, too.

That said two plays of his have surprised me so far in regard to his skating: the masterful back-check against the Mild, and his goal last night. He was moving quicker than I thought he could based on the various reports that came around after the trade. He's fine.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
The practice time over this past weekend certainly helped the new guys integrate more into the system and style of the Avs. To my eye Mittlestadt has the most room for improvement with further integration into the system. The fact that he is now playing with better players will bring out more of his latent skills, too.

That said two plays of his have surprised me so far in regard to his skating: the masterful back-check against the Mild, and his goal last night. He was moving quicker than I thought he could based on the various reports that came around after the trade. He's fine.

200w.gif

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Ya know, I always gave RyJo the benefit of the doubt. He can't help his physical limitations and nobody held a gun the MacSakic's head and made them sign the guy - our eyes were wide open.

But the stuff that's now coming out now really makes me wonder if his limitations and (lack of) work ethic spilled over into the locker room. And this "injury" nonsense with the Flyers . . . .please.

Everybody thought he was a great guy. Maybe not.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Can you guys imagine what it would cost to sign Nuke this summer if he was due for a new contract? Thank God we have him for another 6 years. The last 2-3 years might age badly but until it happens I will be praising the Lord.
Agreed, but I actually think by the time Nuke starts to slow down, the cap will have rebounded enough that he won't even be that overpaid if at all. The dude has physically taken very good care of his body. His postgame routines are incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad