GDT: Avalanche vs Flames 7:00PM MST 03/12/24 (Non Emergency Edition GDT)

Do you still miss Kadri?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • No (Lie)

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Open locket from around your neck with a picture of Kadri and cry.

Votes: 30 42.3%

• Total voters

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This was the best I think we’ve looked since we won the Cup. Right there. That game.

And that second period was spectacular.

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
I'm good with Annunen being the backup goalie. He's earned it I think. I'd like to see a larger sample size of consistent play, like he's doing now, before ever considering Annunen as "starter" .

Otherwise, how, right now, does Annunen as starting goalie with Prosvetov as backup strike you? Just a bit unsettling to me, but can change with consistent play from both these guys. Maybe to start next season?

Reactions: CobraAcesS

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
I didn't know what to expect from mittelstadt but he's been very noticeable in the limited ice time he's had. Very strong on the boards, seems to always be able to take contact and make a nice pass out . Skates very nice and hustles all over breaking up plays.

Hope Bednar finds a way to increase his usage. I'd like to see him given an opportunity on the PP over Drouin at some point. That would be a beefy overall unit.

Also 9/11 in faceoffs tonight. Glad he got his first goal out of the way after a patient move. He's going to fit this team very well.

Only negative so far is I still get flashbacks of Ryjo as our 2c instead and every time I see Mittelstadt I'm worried he will just start floating. I'm scarred for life I fear

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Yeah no kidding...the guy's like a massive wall out there. I think his muscles have muscles.
giphy.gif

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Mitts defensive positioning is so good.
So weird having people go apeshit after only 1 game and complaining about foot speed and such.

It's like complaining about a 25 year old Paul Stastny. Not the best skater but absolutely an adequate 2C for years and years and years.

Ah who am I kidding? The same people complaining about Mitts after 1 game are the very same who complained nightly about Stastny when we had him and nicknamed him 'Casper'. :thumbd:

AVS were very good tonight...you can tell that 3 days of practice since our last game helped get the new guys integrated.

My favourite part of tonight's game : was a little play in the neutral zone with about 2 minutes left in the 2nd where Mitts and his linemates were about to go off for a change because they had collectively gotten the puck out of their end along the boards and into the neutral zone towards the calgary blue line but the flames handled it quickly and were starting up the ice towards the AVS end and mitts just did a super fast 180 instead of changing and skated quickly back towards his zone to make sure they didn't get an odd-man break. Color me impressed with that kind of defensive awareness. I think Bednar got a boner on the bench when he saw that...

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
So weird having people go apeshit after only 1 game and complaining about foot speed and such.

It's like complaining about a 25 year old Paul Stastny. Not the best skater but absolutely an adequate 2C for years and years and years.

Ah who am I kidding? The same people complaining about Mitts after 1 game are the very same who complained nightly about Stastny when we had him and nicknamed him 'Casper'. :thumbd:

AVS were very good tonight...you can tell that 3 days of practice since our last game helped get the new guys integrated.

My favourite part of tonight's game : was a little play in the neutral zone with about 2 minutes left in the 2nd where Mitts and his linemates were about to go off for a change because they had collectively gotten the puck out of their end along the boards and into the neutral zone towards their blue line but the flames handled it quickly and were starting up the ice towards the AVS end and mitts just did a super fast 180 instead of changing and skated quickly back towards his zone to make sure they didn't get an odd-man break. Color me impressed with that kind of defensive awareness. I think Bednar got a boner on the bench when he saw that...

I would have too after watching RyJo bolt to the bench (only time he ever moved fast) for the last 5 months

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Great game overall. I think it's time to throw Annunen in the deep end and have him play against better teams. I'd like to see how his play will be and I'm quite confident he'll do well. He's so calm and collective. I think he might surprise a few of us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad