GDT: Avalanche vs Devils 5:30PM MNT 2/6/24 (Emergency GDT) God help us find a 2C

What's worse to be hunted by.

• zombie horde

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • werewolf

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Vampire

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I been saying that. CMac seems like a behind the scenes guy. We seen alot of this type in the past in the NHL. Guys who were amazing being #2 and then they get the top spot and they number 2 all over themselves.

Deep down I still hope desperately that he’s just working on something that really helps the team. Nothing would make me happier than if he made a trade for some teams 3G, only for that guy to go full Kiprusoff, and to get some overlooked C and have him blossom into a 2C. But it seems the few times we hear him speak it’s quite the opposite.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If you saw the 4th goal he gave up, you'd be ripping on him, too.

He is sliding up and left while the pass goes to his right and the shot beats him along the ice.

It's dog shit goaltending.
He made some big saves, particularly the breakaway on Bratt but IMO he was baaaaaaad tonight. He was damn lucky 3 or 4 times at least when he mishandled routine shots. One of those times (the Mercer goal) he wasn’t so lucky.

He is not an NHL goaltender. Full stop.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
CMac’s apparent inability to do things without direct contribution of Sakic is starting to remind me a bit of the LA Angels. They had two of the best players in the world and their GM could do f*** all to help them. Some guys are great contributors in the background, maybe CMac is one of those guys
CMac is doing exactly what he is capable and comfortable doing. Problem is, he is following a plan that leads no where. No incoming goalie which means burning Georgiev out and there will be no 2C.

Of this I am convinced.

I just hope we get Nuke back.

Deep down I still hope desperately that he’s just working on something that really helps the team. But it seems the few times we hear him speak it’s quite the opposite
Ain't happening...... CMac shops for players at WalMart.

Reactions: drhiii

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Deep down I still hope desperately that he’s just working on something that really helps the team. Nothing would make me happier than if he made a trade for some teams 3G, only for that guy to go full Kiprusoff, and to get some overlooked C and have him blossom into a 2C. But it seems the few times we hear him speak it’s quite the opposite.
Expect nothing significant to happen before the deadline like I did last season and you wont be disappointed if he pulls off a Lars eller type move.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
He made some big saves, particularly the breakaway on Bratt but IMO he was baaaaaaad tonight. He was damn lucky 3 or 4 times at least when he mishandled routine shots. One of those times (the Mercer goal) he wasn’t so lucky.

He is not an NHL goaltender. Full stop.

One of the few times I agree with you, which is actually starting to make me think I’m wrong and Annunen might’ve played well.

f***.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm just sick of it, same f***ing story every night, no forward depth scoring, bad goaltending and a horrific loss.

f*** off CMac, how do you watch the same story every night and do absolutely nothing. Worst f***ing GM in the league, get off your sorry ass and do something. I'd take anything at this point, just try something.
To be fair to MacFarland, he has been missing an entire second line for the majority of the year. Nuke has sleep problems because of vodka, Lehkonen just came back, and RyJo is thinking of his beach house in Kelowna. On top of that, Landeskog's injury pretty much killed this team's depth as well and it wasn't something you could foresee in the past.

I am not saying we would be entirely healthy, but I suggest RyJo would look a lot more manageable/better in a lineup of...

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nuke
Lekhonen - RyJo - Rantanen
Wood - Colton - Parise
Cogliano -Olofsson - Kiviranta

That's a pretty damn good lineup, even though RyJo would probably kill that line and would need to be replaced regardless. Again, my main premise is that the lack of scoring would be much better and RyJo would look better if we weren't dealing with some weirdness this season compared to other teams (like Oilers who've been healthy for most if not all of the season).

Reactions: niwotsblessing

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I didn't get to watch the third, but up to that point I wouldn't have put anything on Annunen. The ripping of him seems silly when the team in front of him played like shit.
All the scapegoats are gone from this team, so somebody has to step up and take the place of the likes of Compher, Malgin, McDermid, Newhook, Dries, Rodrigues, Graves, Jost, Zadorov, etc.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Only a Vezina caliber goalie would have saved that 4th Devils goal, but we had Annunen in net so I can’t even blame him for it. Mack could have lifted the stick and that goal wouldn’t happen

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Byram only 16 minutes of ice time tonight....

Seriously, time to move the kid before his value starts to tank. Not sure we can wait until this summer at this point with how he's played.
Makes me wonder with Toews physicality and stick check if that last goal happens with him on the ice instead of Byram. Either way I agree time to move him.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
That 4th goal was on Mack. He was in position to tie up his guy with his stick and he just chose to bump him instead.

Reactions: Bender

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I get the feeling that this road-trip will finally cost us the division......
Getting a 2C is no longer something the GM can ignore. We are nearing 2 full seasons without one. With Mackinnon having the season hes having this isnt something that can be brushed aside any longer. Mackinnon aint getting any younger. Get him the best possible roster today and dont worry about 5 yrs from now because likely you wont be the GM anyways Chris.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Getting a 2C is no longer something the GM can ignore. We are nearing 2 full seasons without one. With Mackinnon having the season hes having this isnt something that can be brushed aside any longer. Mackinnon aint getting any younger. Get him the best possible roster today and dont worry about 5 yrs from now because likely you wont be the GM anyways Chris.
You just know the Avs will do their yearly deadline garbage bin hunting and proudly call it a day.

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5