GDT: Avalanche vs Devils 5:30PM MNT 2/6/24 (Emergency GDT) God help us find a 2C

What's worse to be hunted by.

• zombie horde

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • werewolf

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Vampire

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The other 28 GMs haven't sat on a glaring problem for 2+ years during their contention window. CMac doesn't give a shit, if he did something would have been done by now.

If CMac truly cares about winning or giving his team the best shot he sure has hell hasn't shown it.
Well that’s not true.

The Oilers have had a D and G problem their entire contention window.

The Canes have issues with lacking a game breaking talent in their window.

Minny never addressed their 1C issue pre dead cap era.

Toronto never addressed their lack of legit 1D.

Islanders never addressed their lack of gamebreaking talent.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Well that’s not true.

And all of those GMs have been rightfully mocked

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Sure. But with CMac, it's not because of lack of trying. I mean as much as it has blown up on us, acquiring RyJo was an attempt to fix the issue. So please, quit the narrative that they don't see an issue with #2C.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well that’s not true.

Of those teams listed you are calling for elite level/game breaking talent on most of them sans maybe Edmonton.

There is a big difference in trying to find elite game breaking talent and looking for a competent 2C. Most of us would settle for an average 2C. 2nd liners shouldn't be overly difficult to acquire. Game breaking talent is extremely hard to come by and even more difficult to trade for.

Hard to fault a GM for not being able to trade for an elite talent. CMac is struggling with average 2C. Big f***ing difference.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
And the ones who try and fail are mocked for selling their futures away for nothing.

Of those teams listed you are calling for elite level/game breaking talent on most of them sans maybe Edmonton.

There is a big difference in trying to find elite game breaking talent and looking for a competent 2C. Most of us would settle for an average 2C. 2nd liners shouldn't be overly difficult to acquire. Game breaking talent is extremely hard to come by and even more difficult to trade for.

Hard to fault a GM for not being able to trade for an elite talent. CMac is struggling with average 2C. Big f***ing difference.
We could land an average 2C for Rantanen easily, probably even a backup goalie as a throw in, but that doesn't make it a smart move.

Kinda feel like folks just find it easier or even preferable to critique than accept getting all of the right pieces and pushing all of the right buttons is damn hard.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Sure. But with CMac, it's not because of lack of trying. I mean as much as it has blown up on us, acquiring RyJo was an attempt to fix the issue. So please, quit the narrative that they don't see an issue with #2C.
Hey CMac, can we get a 2C?

iu

And the ones who try and fail are mocked for selling their futures away for nothing.
Yeah I guess it's better to do absolutely f*** all instead

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

We could land an average 2C for Rantanen easily, probably even a backup goalie as a throw in, but that doesn't make it a smart move.

Kinda feel like folks just find it easier or even preferable to critique than accept getting all of the right pieces and pushing all of the right buttons is damn hard.
An average 2C wouldn't cost Rants and no one is advocating that.

Average 2Cs go for what Monahan went for a 1st and a 3rd. Don't act like Monahan sucks, he's significantly better than RyJo.

Sure if you are looking for term you pay more. If you are looking for a younger player it costs more.

But honestly I'm looking for this year at this point, I'm fine with a pure rental if it gives you a better shot this year. f*** draft picks, the only prospect in my eyes that you can't trade is Ritchie. Find someone better than RyJo.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Why are we talking about our holes (2C, Backup) after every single loss? I don't get it, we are running in circles here with no end in sight.

Relax fellas and try to store your anger until the trade deadline, will ya? If nothing happens til then, let it all out. THEN they deserve all the shit you can throw at them. Right now it's too early to tell if our front office is actually good at their job or not ...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Again of the list I provided earlier which 2C’s that have been moved the last 2 years have been a giant miss from CMac? It’s not like he’s majorly missed out on a ton of 2C’s.

It absolutely needs to be addressed of the known available options non have been great.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Again of the list I provided earlier which 2C’s that have been moved the last 2 years have been a giant miss from CMac? It’s not like he’s majorly missed out on a ton of 2C’s.

It absolutely needs to be addressed of the known available options non have been great.
It's not about who's on list that has been traded, who we may or may not have been in on. It's more about how many guys has CMac passed on that we have no clue about.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Average 2Cs go for what Monahan went for a 1st and a 3rd. Don't act like Monahan sucks, he's significantly better than RyJo.

But honestly I'm looking for this year at this point, I'm fine with a pure rental if it gives you a better shot this year. f*** draft picks, the only prospect in my eyes that you can't trade is Ritchie. Find someone better than RyJo.

So you are fine today with Monahan for 1st = 3rd (f*** draft picks) when 8 days ago you said Monahan was likely to just be a waste of another year?

And the Avs overpay dramatically for Monahan after attempting to make an offer no where close on Lindholm. Monahan proceeds to come here perform somehow worse than RyJo and we waste another year.

Hate to be Debbie Downer but it's absolutely the most likely scenario, as CMac has given us no reason to think he might do something of value to help the team this year.
Doesn't seem to me like CMac can win here.
I'm not sure CMac is a good GM as I think there isn't enough trade evidence yet and his contracts don't stand out either. But I don't think he has earned calls for firing yet either.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Why are we talking about our holes (2C, Backup) after every single loss? I don't get it, we are running in circles here with no end in sight.

Relax fellas and try to store your anger until the trade deadline, will ya? If nothing happens til then, let it all out. THEN they deserve all the shit you can throw at them. Right now it's too early to tell if our front office is actually good at their job or not ...

This is way too level headed to post here. I don't think you're on the HF group think memo list.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
An average 2C wouldn't cost Rants and no one is advocating that.

Sure if you are looking for term you pay more. If you are looking for a younger player it costs more.

I would love to see you as a GM...not the Avs though, but please apply for any GM job in our division. Go fix their problems. It sounds like it would be a piece of cake for you. It should only take you a a few days.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's a hockey discussion forum, obviously we ain't gonna wait until the deadline, unhinged or not.

The reason we're complaining about the obvious problems this team has is because they're obvious problems that have plagued the team since last year. Understandable why we're frustrated that the team hasn't done nearly enough to address those concerns, and those concerns have been readily obvious since the 2022 offseason.

Reactions: The Moops

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It's a hockey discussion forum, obviously we ain't gonna wait until the deadline, unhinged or not.

The reason we're complaining about the obvious problems this team has is because they're obvious problems that have plagued the team since last year. Understandable why we're frustrated that the team hasn't done nearly enough to address those concerns, and those concerns have been readily obvious since the 2022 offseason.
There is a big difference between discussing an issue and saying the GM doesn't care or should be fired now, etc. especially when there are still 4 weeks to the TDL but I forgot we are on HFBoards. Carry on.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Because like Preparation H, we feel better about our holes after wins.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

We also hear about it after every wins. Only one person talks about it after losses...because he is not here after wins.

You’re just complaining to complain now lmao.
Are you new here?

Reactions: The Abusement Park

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The other 28 GMs haven't sat on a glaring problem for 2+ years during their contention window. CMac doesn't give a shit, if he did something would have been done by now.

If CMac truly cares about winning or giving his team the best shot he sure has hell hasn't shown it.
Like LA (goalie) or Oilers (goalie and D), Devils (goalie), Nashville a few years back (game breaker), etc. Oh sorry...Oilers' GM did something about their goalie issue...they traded for Campbell. How did that turn out for them?

For every team that do something significant at the deadline there are many many more that destroyed their chances and future. Now with that said I'm not saying not to try. Of course you do but you have to be careful. It has to be a good fit. You sound like you want them to make a trade just to make a trade.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So you are fine today with Monahan for 1st = 3rd (f*** draft picks) when 8 days ago you said Monahan was likely to just be a waste of another year?

Doesn't seem to me like CMac can win here.
I'm not sure CMac is a good GM as I think there isn't enough trade evidence yet and his contracts don't stand out either. But I don't think he has earned calls for firing yet either.
Things change, I'm desperate now. Sick of watching the same crap play from the "2nd" line.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I would love to see you as a GM...not the Avs though, but please apply for any GM job in our division. Go fix their problems. It sounds like it would be a piece of cake for you. It should only take you a a few days.
I'm not a professional, nor do I claim to be or get paid to be one. But don't act like CMac hasn't had time to figure out the 2C problem. It's been over 2 years with no resolution. That's completely unacceptable and my personal patience has evaporated. He needs to shit or get off the toilet. I want to win, clearly CMac doesn't give a f***.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00