GDT: Avalanche vs Devils 5:30PM MNT 2/6/24 (Emergency GDT) God help us find a 2C

What's worse to be hunted by.

• zombie horde

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • werewolf

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Vampire

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If MacFarland actually does nothing constructive up to and at the deadline he should be fired. What’s the point of a GM that makes no moves to help the team? With this being Lacroix’s HHOF induction year you hear about how his moves inspired the team. CMac’s refusal to make moves or when he makes halfass budget moves most definitely has the opposite effect
He has until the TDL but if he doesn't help this team, I would pray that Sakic fires him literally the next day.

Clock is ticking.

Reactions: katfude and xAvsx89

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm just sick of it, same f***ing story every night, no forward depth scoring, bad goaltending and a horrific loss.

f*** off CMac, how do you watch the same story every night and do absolutely nothing. Worst f***ing GM in the league, get off your sorry ass and do something. I'd take anything at this point, just try something.
If we’re strictly judging CMac based on his tenure as GM, you can certainly make a case he’s the worst one in the league.

Another first round loss this year would be evidence enough.

Reactions: katfude and xAvsx89

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
There was good effort to come back on a 3rd period of a back-to-back road game.

On to the next.

Till then meltdown mode here.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I didn't get to watch the third, but up to that point I wouldn't have put anything on Annunen. The ripping of him seems silly when the team in front of him played like shit.

I'd also love to hear the suggested solution in net. Skinner isn't all of a sudden a different goalie for Edmonton, the team is playing better in front of him. The Avs need to play better for their net minders if they want to win games.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Now, in saying that - the Devils were clearly the better hockey team through 40 minutes.

This was the reverse of last night. Avs were better in the 3rd but got outplayed through 40, so it's fitting NJ got the win. Just wish it could have gotten to OT.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
He has until the TDL but if he doesn't help this team, I would pray that Sakic fires him literally the next day.

Clock is ticking.

If he hasn’t done anything up to the deadline he should be fired. There’s clear holes on the roster. I don’t need blockbuster trades, but do something to help the team instead of hoping and praying it just magically turns out. If he’s unwilling to do it, hope an emergency hire can figure that shit out

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I didn't get to watch the third, but up to that point I wouldn't have put anything on Annunen. The ripping of him seems silly when the team in front of him played like shit.

I'd also love to hear the suggested solution in net. Skinner isn't all of a sudden a different goalie for Edmonton, the team is playing better in front of him. The Avs need to play better for their net minders if they want to win games.
If you saw the 4th goal he gave up, you'd be ripping on him, too.

He is sliding up and left while the pass goes to his right and the shot beats him along the ice.

It's dog shit goaltending.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The Jersey winning goal was scored by the player who was MacKinnon's D zone coverage.

MacK made a great pass thru the crease at the end intended for Rantanan standing on the back door who wasn't ready for it.

Lehkonen with that check, masterfully freed up the puck for Makar's score and executed a pick that gave Girard an open lane to the net. Unsung hero.

Dirty goals were what was going to win this game for the Avs. Unfortunately the Avs would rather play 1 on 0 versus the opposing goalie.

This team needs to add some calculated grit and jam like Lehkonen provided tonight. Parise will give that to them - if Bednar would only give him more ice time. They need Nuke back yesterday....

Not to mention what Landeskog brings.

The 4 on 4 opened up the ice and gave the Avs more room to run and gun. If Colton made that happen by design, then it was a pro hockey IQ move.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's a shot along the ice on a guy who is literally already down in the butterfly.

The fact that puck beat him is embarrassing. Make a f***ing save.
He literally has 0 time to react on this point blank shot.

You know hockey better.

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
No it's dogshit defense. Guy left alone in the slot, everyone is doing whatever in our d-zone. Mikko floating.

You know, that happens in games and a goalie is allowed to save them occasionally. He was legit in the butterfly flopping around and lifted his leg to let in a on ice shot. It was bad defence and pathetic goaltending.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
CMac’s apparent inability to do things without direct contribution of Sakic is starting to remind me a bit of the LA Angels. They had two of the best players in the world and their GM could do f*** all to help them. Some guys are great contributors in the background, maybe CMac is one of those guys

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He literally has 0 time to react on this point blank shot.

You know hockey better.
How does he have zero time to react? It's not a cross ice pass. It's a short pass to the slot and the puck is not raised at all.

That's a save an NHL goaltender needs to make. You've faced 2 shots all period one of which was a full length dump. That shot can't go in.

Not all slot shots are equal. This one is stopped if he just has proper position and isn't leaning forward chasing the puck.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
CMac’s apparent inability to do things without direct contribution of Sakic is starting to remind me a bit of the LA Angels. They had two of the best players in the world and their GM could do f*** all to help them. Some guys are great contributors in the background, maybe CMac is one of those guys
I been saying that. CMac seems like a behind the scenes guy. We seen alot of this type in the past in the NHL. Guys who were amazing being #2 and then they get the top spot and they number 2 all over themselves.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad