Avalanche top line has combined for 38 points in 8 games.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I thought Colorado's line looked amazing last night. Don't get the chance to see Rantanen much, but he was impressive.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The Bruins having three elite forwards (and defensive play) is all that keeps them ahead of Mackinnon and Rantanen. I don't think Landeskog is in the same tier as the other five players.

I've always been a fan of Mackinnon for his blazing speed but that Rantanen was very, very impressive last night. Colorado building around them is a good thing.

I mean he’s the worst of the 6 offensively, but he’s probably behind only Bergeron defensively. The work Landy does in the D zone never gets mentioned and truly makes that line click the way it does.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Watch the highlights and marvel at Rantanen undressing the "best line in hockey".

It was as equally impressive by Rantanen as it was unimpressive effort by the Bergeron line all taking a half assed fly by at him there. I wouldn't cite this as the norm. Bergeron line is still the best in hockey, no need for the quotes! That may have been the worst collective effort by that line in some time, the speed of Rantanen no doubt causing it.

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
Pretty much. Gotta love Eastern bias saying the Bruins line was always better. Anybody who actually watched the two teams knew it was the MacK line. Last night proved it.
Ok so next time they play take out your number 1,2,4, and 6 dman and play the lines head to head and let's see the results. The fact that Boston kept it close for 40 minutes is a miracle and with a healthy Chara, Charlie Mac, and Carlo they don't blow that lead

Reactions: Sheppy

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
Lol

Yeah like the play tonight where he drove it all the way from his own end, juking two 4th liners and finishing under the defensemans stick with a sick pass to MacKinnon for a snipe.

Oh wait that was Bergeron and then Marchand that Rants juked. I thought those guys were better than pretty much any teams defenseman.

Hmmm guess you're narrative doesn't work after all.

Eastern bias casual plebes ignorance knows no bounds
I'll say it one more time there a good line but next time they play take out your 1,2,4,6 Defense man and let's see the results lol

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It was as equally impressive by Rantanen as it was unimpressive effort by the Bergeron line all taking a half assed fly by at him there. I wouldn't cite this as the norm. Bergeron line is still the best in hockey, no need for the quotes! That may have been the worst collective effort by that line in some time, the speed of Rantanen no doubt causing it.

Honestly, it's hard to defend against what Rantanen did, it's not something you expect. What he did very few players can do, simply because his combined reach and skill allowed him to make Bergeron and co. look lackluster. They weren't 'half-assing' for the hell of it, my guess is they didn't expect him to even maintain possession after his first deke/chip.

99% of the time that that half assed fly by would cause the player to lose possession or circle back.

Reactions: MacBradley

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I thought Bergy played fine. Normally always does. It was Marchand specifically having one of his worst games of the season and even Pasta making some bone headed decisions (nightly occurrence followed by at least 2-5 magical decisions). The Colorado line didnt really start dominating until Chara was gone. Having said that, COL line won the battle, no shame in admitting that. They were at home and played a fantastic game. Bruins top line is fine, it's health and the middle 6 that need to be remedied in order to make a dent in playoffs.

GL to Col, glad they're out west and hope both lines are motivated by each other and pace the league.

Reactions: cgf and StayPuft39

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

He made them look like fools in a 3-3 game in the third lol

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
that's the only way they can score though. they aren't good enough to score against the best line in the league

Has their ever been a poster who has said as much demonstratably incorrect things as this guy? Worst hockey knowledge on this site possibly.

Reactions: S E P H

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The Avs are going to be one scary team once they have depth.

They have, last year against the presidents trophy winners Nashville.
So one losing series?

Rantanen 4 points in 6 games - 1
Landeskog 7 points in 6 games -4
MacKinnon 6 points in 6 games - 2

Combined 17 points in 18 games and a -7

Pastrnak 20 points in 12 games +2
Marchand 17 points in 12 games +4
Bergeron 16 points in 11 games +6

Combined 53 points in 35 games +12

Ehhhhh...

I'm not denying how good the Av's top line is. They're great, and will likely be great in the future. It's hard for me to put them above the Bruins.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
So one losing series?

Rantanen 4 points in 6 games - 1
Landeskog 7 points in 6 games -4
MacKinnon 6 points in 6 games - 2

Combined 17 points in 18 games and a -7

Pastrnak 20 points in 12 games +2
Marchand 17 points in 12 games +4
Bergeron 16 points in 11 games +6

Combined 53 points in 35 games +12

Ehhhhh...

I'm not denying how good the Av's top line is. They're great, and will likely be great in the future. It's hard for me to put them above the Bruins.
I love these posts contradicting what happened less than 24 hours ago. The Avs top line both offensively and defensively smoked the Bruins, yet maybe the Bruins line is still better....

At least wait a bit a to post such a hot take. Obviously a full series would prove it and not one game, but impulse posts like that literally right after the later looks worse is always a head scratcher.

And then top it with a post above about wait until the Avs do it in the playoffs. The Bruins top line won one series against a Tavares less Leafs squad then got smoked by the Lightning. Another head scratcher.

Reactions: The Merchant

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I love these posts contradicting what happened less than 24 hours ago. The Avs top line both offensively and defensively smoked the Bruins, yet maybe the Bruins line is still better....

At least wait a bit a to post such a hot take. Obviously a full series would prove it and not one game, but impulse posts like that literally right after the later looks worse is always a head scratcher.
Fair. They absolutely outplayed the Bruins last night, however, no Chara after the first, no Carlo, no McAvoy... That's essentially 3 of the Bruins top 4 D-men out. I don't think Colorado wins that game had Chara not gone down.

The Bruins back end is depleted as hell.

I think this goes for both sides. Lets wait a bit to crown Colorado's line the best, too? No?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad