Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche @ Senators (Thurs 7:30pm - Home Opener!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Were showcasing greening

He brings nothing and by nothing I mean NOTHING

Last edited by a moderator:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Were showcasing greening

He brings nothing and by nothing I mean NOTHING

We should pay someone off to punch Greening in the mouth within the first 5 minutes of the game. People don't like Greening when he's angry.

Seriously, the guy has it in him to go beast mode. We just almost never see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
if Greening is getting shown off to be traded, id like the forward lines to look like this later..

mac-turris-stone
ryan-zib-chia
michalek-legwand-lazar
hoffman-smith-condra/neil

The third line i thought they have looked when paired together and they all play a similiar ish 200 foot kind of game.
the fourth line i think will be good if given limited minutes (10-12). Neil is playing better compared to last year and i think Condra showed some improvement as well.

Lots of options can be made as adjustments though for the bottom 6.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How many goals could Crosby get greening in a season. Spezza got him 17. I'm saying 25. We need to sell this point if view to the pens.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Greening might not be a bad option to replace Kunitz. Kunitz should start declining soon-ish no? He's 34 I believe

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
If greening plays well this season, why wouldn't we keep him?

Not a chance in a million

Do you see him get the puck from our D past our blue line only to loose it to the opposite D at the other blue line by a mild soft pokestick from the D

He does it almost every shift

Junior grass hockey IQ at best

Hes useless

And we have so many young exciting guys that could play instead

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I must say, it warms my heart to see fellow Sens fans starting to question the intelligence of Maclean...or lack there of.

After taking a thorough bashing for questioning it before, I'm starting to feel vindicated. Yay!

I am not questioning his intelligence or choices. He has coached at the NHL level and has been on a SC winning Detroit team. MacLean has basically gotten something out of nothing since he arrived in Ottawa, sans last season. When he had a captain that would not listen to him and play a system that had the team winning the two seasons before.

I still think you and the others need to give it a rest. We are three games into the season and you guys are acting worse then Montreal or Toronto fans.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Not a chance in a million

Do you see him get the puck from our D past our blue line only to loose it to the opposite D at the other blue line by a mild soft pokestick from the D

He does it almost every shift

Junior grass hockey IQ at best

Hes useless

And we have so many young exciting guys that could play instead

What I took from this post:

mild soft pokestick, junior grass, young exciting guys play

What the....?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
What I took from this post:

mild soft pokestick, junior grass, young exciting guys play

What the....?

While the poster exaggerated greatly, the points he makes are reasonable, but are essentially the same old things everyone complains about regarding Greening's game.
1)he loses the puck easily on stick checks from the opposition when on the rush (plus the old "plays die on his stick" thing).
2)he doesn't have a superb hockey IQ
3) he is hindering one of our more dynamic prospects (say Hoffman for the sake of it) from being in the line-up.

Greening is far from useless, and I think the poster is really selling him short on the whole "thinks like a junior player" thing. But Greening does need to step it up and go into Hulk mode if he wants to stick around.

lol @ junior grass.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
While the poster exaggerated greatly, the points he makes are reasonable, but are essentially the same old things everyone complains about regarding Greening's game.
1)he loses the puck easily on stick checks from the opposition when on the rush (plus the old "plays die on his stick" thing).
3) he is hindering one of our more dynamic prospects (say Hoffman for the sake of it) from being in the line-up.

Greening is far from useless, and I think the poster is really selling him short on the whole "thinks like a junior player" thing. But Greening does need to step it up and go into Hulk mode if he wants to stick around.

lol @ junior grass.

People need to stop think that just because he's big it means he has this like super saiyen level. It doesn't exist. It probably never will. He's a soft player. He is what he is. He got mad that random one time where he was bearing his teeth during a fight. He's never been an all out player hitting people and causing a stir. He's soft.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
People need to stop think that just because he's big it means he has this like super saiyen level. It doesn't exist. It probably never will. He's a soft player. He is what he is. He got mad that random one time where he was bearing his teeth during a fight. He's never been an all out player hitting people and causing a stir. He's soft.

He's not soft, and the hit totals back that claim up. What he is, is 'nice'. It's hard to run around looking to crush people and engage people in rough stuff when you're actually a nice man.

Doesn't make him soft, which is, when used in hockey, an insult related to the family of 'weak' and 'cowardly'.

Still, shame though...

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
People panicking about which 3rd and 4th liners draw into a practice lineup: ahh, hockey's back.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Hope to see Lazar in action tomorrow night.

The lighting is scary bright, or at least that is what I thought at Fan Fest. Any time they turned it on, you could hear an audible "WOAH!" from people in the area I was sitting.

Lazar will be in and score on a slap shot from the right face off dot... on a broken 2 on 1.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

lol @ junior grass.

You know im exagerating and doing it on the funny side but you get the point

Useless in terms of hindering younger player progression like you said

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's not soft, and the hit totals back that claim up. What he is, is 'nice'. It's hard to run around looking to crush people and engage people in rough stuff when you're actually a nice man.

Doesn't make him soft, which is, when used in hockey, an insult related to the family of 'weak' and 'cowardly'.

Still, shame though...
I disagree. Racking up soft hits doesn't mean you are not soft. He's a soft player. He's soft on the puck. He's soft on the hits. Soft everywhere

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
It would be great to get a win in our home opener and a relief if no one boos any of our players including the whipping boys of the day who seem to be Greenng and Cowen
Lets hope DoniB doesn't come up with any suggestions of who his mouth breathing fans in the audience should boo during the introductions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad