Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche @ Senators (Thurs 7:30pm - Home Opener!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I disagree. Racking up soft hits doesn't mean you are not soft. He's a soft player. He's soft on the puck. He's soft on the hits. Soft everywhere

When I hear soft, I think of guys who avoid contact, play the perimeter and bail out. Guys like Corvo. Greening doesn't belong with them.

He's not particularly gritty, but I think soft is also the wrong term.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Hope to see Lazar in action tomorrow night.

The lighting is scary bright, or at least that is what I thought at Fan Fest. Any time they turned it on, you could hear an audible "WOAH!" from people in the area I was sitting.

The new lighting is great, they had it going for both pre season games and i thought it looked excellent live.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
When I hear soft, I think of guys who avoid contact, play the perimeter and bail out. Guys like Corvo. Greening doesn't belong with them.

Agreed he is not soft.
Agreed ...on the non booing at the home opener... I was there for Gonchar being booed at player intros and did not like it.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Hmm... I think the hockey term for that is... 'lacks intensity' isn't it?

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
It would be great to get a win in our home opener and a relief if no one boos any of our players including the whipping boys of the day who seem to be Greenng and Cowen
Lets hope DoniB doesn't come up with any suggestions of who his mouth breathing fans in the audience should boo during the introductions.

Pepty, you're sending mixed messages.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

To me Greening's problem is he is always a shade late in delivering a hit on the forecheck. Never really causes an issue for the d-man, as it's already left his stick by the time Greening gets there. I think it's a hockey sense thing.... he just chases to where the puck is, rather than where it's going to be.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
To me Greening's problem is he is always a shade late in delivering a hit on the forecheck. Never really causes an issue for the d-man, as it's already left his stick by the time Greening gets there. I think it's a hockey sense thing.... he just chases to where the puck is, rather than where it's going to be.

Exactly!

I have no problem with greening if we have nobody else

But seriously is he so much better than lazar hoffman pageau that we absolutly need to play him no matter what?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Could be showcasing Greening. Everything points to this guy not having a place on the team going forward. It would be hard for other teams that are potentially interested in him to scout him if he doesn't play. Hopefully this is a case of patience being rewarded.

Seems like the only reasonable explanation to me....

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Now this is going to be a really tough game to win. The guys better play their A game or we are in trouble.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I see your argument and I get it. Being soft also doesn't mean you "don't hit". Losing the puck too easily under any duress is also soft. Could just be my definition of the word.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I like that Greening is in the line-up (if he indeed is), but don't think he is one of the 12 best skaters right now.

If he can get back to playing well, awesome.

If he plays well enough to get traded, awesome.

If he plays bad enough it convinces Mac to play other guys over Greening on the regular, awesome.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You have to think the Avs aren't particularly impressed with their start and they'll come out with a lot of energy.

Ottawa still has some things to work on.

Close win for us, or ugly win for them IMO.

BTW, the South Park GDT on the Colorado board is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad