OT: Autographs/Hockey Cards Thread

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I decided to go “prospecting” and spent a decent chunk of change compiling these Alec Bohm rookie cards. I’ll probably get most of them graded and then decide what to do after that. I’m thinking of going with HGA. I know they’re new, but their slabs look pretty cool and seem to be creating value.View attachment 415788

I'd like to pick up a few baseball cards but don't know enough right now. Gonna start watching more MLB this year and learn about different sets and all.

Re: HGA, they are only accepting 2500 cards a week I think and they do a queue system like you're buying a PS5 lol. Was already hard to get in, now imagine it's near impossible after the PSA announcement unless they start accepting more.

HGA slabs definitely look great, this is only hockey card I am seeing on ebay, looks awesome:

upload_2021-4-1_10-18-5.png

Last edited:

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
I'd like to pick up a few baseball cards but don't know enough right now. Gonna start watching more MLB this year and learn about different sets and all.

Re: HGA, they are only accepting 2500 cards a week I think and they do a queue system like you're buying a PS5 lol. Was already hard to get in, now imagine it's near impossible after the PSA announcement unless they start accepting more.

HGA slabs definitely look great, this is only hockey card I am seeing on ebay, looks awesome:

View attachment 415917

Yeah, I’ve been reading up about HGA’s process. They have some sort of weekly lottery system and they limit submissions to 5 per customer, so they’re at least trying to combat what PSA is going through now.

As for the look of the slabs, I like how you can also match the card, like this Metcalf. I’ll probably go with matching the card on all the parallel Bohms.

F720D36A-9921-449A-95F7-076FF534B2B9.jpeg

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Yeah, I’ve been reading up about HGA’s process. They have some sort of weekly lottery system and they limit submissions to 5 per customer, so they’re at least trying to combat what PSA is going through now.

As for the look of the slabs, I like how you can also match the card, like this Metcalf. I’ll probably go with matching the card on all the parallel Bohms.

View attachment 416010
Last week they were accepting 2500 cards. So 5 per person, that's only 500 people getting orders in. Was busy at the drop time but I hopped in line late just to see how many were waiting and was close to 4000 in the queue.

Last edited:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Cannadips, CBD company, was doing a promotion where 16 winners each get 1 card from a pack of 2021 Topps Definitive Collection Baseball Cards. These cards are insane. One box sells for almost $2,000....

Just pulled a signed, game used patch, Ripken Jr card

Pulled a 1 of 1 Phil Rizzuto

2021 Topps Definitive Collection Baseball remains a product for the high-end MLB collectors. Exclusively issued in a Hobby box format, the set promises a hit-only experience filled with on-card autographs and print runs of 50 or less.
Each Hobby box contains six autograph or autograph relic cards, and two relics.

2021 Topps Definitive Collection Baseball Checklist, Details, Boxes, Date

Last edited:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Belfour Pro Set rookie for over $100? That's insane... I'll have to check, but I have at least 5 of those.

For an era of oversaturation, my cards are worth way more than I ever would have believed. :amazed:
Haha yeah, I was never following the card market until about a year or so ago but everyone has had that same reaction to the 90's cards being worth anything.

A bunch of hockey cards in that guy's top Vintage ebay sales video from last week if you're interested:

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Haha yeah, I was never following the card market until about a year or so ago but everyone has had that same reaction to the 90's cards being worth anything.

A bunch of hockey cards in that guy's top Vintage ebay sales video from last week if you're interested:

My mom and her brother had dozens of Yankees sets from the late 40s through early 60s that were destroyed in a house fire in the early 80s.

I can never let her know how much some of these single cards are selling for today. :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
My parents were walking around their neighborhood yesterday and some guy was having a garage sale so they walked in. He was selling a HUGE collection of Flyers stuff. I went over after work and picked up a bunch of stuff (including an Eric Desjardins game used stick, some bobbleheads, a full size cutout of the Beezer signed by him, and some other stuff). He had a ton more including as stick signed by the last Cup team, tons of signed pucks and photos and hats, but the crown jewel which I would have bought if I had the room was this piece of the Spectrum signed by Ron Hextall. It was about 15 feet tall. If anyone is interested he is asking for $500.

PXL_20210407_210804253.jpg

For scale that Flyers logo in between his legs is the full size Beezer cardboard cutout. This thing is huge and heavy duty, not cardboard. It was part of the concourse in the old Spectrum. Trying to convince my brother (who is also my boss) to purchase it for our conference room.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My parents were walking around their neighborhood yesterday and some guy was having a garage sale so they walked in. He was selling a HUGE collection of Flyers stuff. I went over after work and picked up a bunch of stuff (including an Eric Desjardins game used stick, some bobbleheads, a full size cutout of the Beezer signed by him, and some other stuff). He had a ton more including as stick signed by the last Cup team, tons of signed pucks and photos and hats, but the crown jewel which I would have bought if I had the room was this piece of the Spectrum signed by Ron Hextall. It was about 15 feet tall. If anyone is interested he is asking for $500.

View attachment 419018

For scale that Flyers logo in between his legs is the full size Beezer cardboard cutout. This thing is huge and heavy duty, not cardboard. It was part of the concourse in the old Spectrum. Trying to convince my brother (who is also my boss) to purchase it for our conference room.

Something seems off about the scale here. That does not look 15 feet tall if you compare it to the table lol

Reactions: Lord Defect

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Something seems off about the scale here. That does not look 15 feet tall if you compare it to the table lol
15 is an estimate. IDK if it is bigger or smaller. I am 6 foot and it was much taller than me and it was under a raised house up on stilts in the garage.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad