OT: Autographs/Hockey Cards Thread

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Really the pack thing was just an idea to keep my channel afloat, I've been struggling for a while now trying to think of how to go on with the market being what it is now. For the most part there aren't any guarantees but it'll give me a chance to do something different instead of opening the same two or three things I've kept going back to for about a month now :laugh:

I won't pretend this is an original idea by any means, but it's something I have to look forward to at least.
I don’t know how it will translate to video form but how about the “paper clip to Ferrari” trade?

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Received two more Clear Cut boxes as a generous gift.

20210427_160428.jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I got this back in the mail today. It's been so long that I don't even remember exactly when I sent it (I think it was spring 2019, fall at the absolute latest). I had actually forgotten about it so it was a pleasant surprise. He also returned the $ I had sent to cover the cost of CDN postage. So this is my first through the mail auto return since last February, lol.

20210428_154854.jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Goods incoming from Ebay. First a Brayden Schenn glove (I think) card won in an auction from my friend in Anaheim's page (check out his YouTube channel- 714 Hockey Breaks). I remember watching him pull it and thinking it was a cool card, so I'm excited to own it. I was and still am a fan of Brayden but I don't have many of his cards. Then a couple Beatles cards from the 1964 Topps color series. I've been eyeballing Beatles cards since I started my channel so I could keep them in the background of my videos- you know, since my channel name is a reference to them- but I always prioritized hockey cards. These were dirt cheap and obviously aren't in perfect condition, but they'll more than do given that they're 57 years old. One of all four and one of just George.

Screenshot_20210513-210654_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210513-211820_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210513-211830_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210513-211931_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20210513-211942_eBay.jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Got my replacements from Upper Deck's expired redemption raffle. I know I wasn't guaranteed hockey cards in return but I'm kind of disappointed. The Kapanen autograph is okay, I think that's replacing the Sam Bennett auto. Really disappointed to get a Marvel autograph to replace a hockey autograph though, especially since I never heard of the guy, and since the card it's a replacement for was of a player I really like (Nicklas Backstrom). I wish they'd just replace hockey with hockey cards, especially since that's the bulk of what UD makes. I'm not big into movies anyway and especially not superhero movies.
20210518_155010.jpg

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Got my replacements from Upper Deck's expired redemption raffle. I know I wasn't guaranteed hockey cards in return but I'm kind of disappointed. The Kapanen autograph is okay, I think that's replacing the Sam Bennett auto. Really disappointed to get a Marvel autograph to replace a hockey autograph though, especially since I never heard of the guy, and since the card it's a replacement for was of a player I really like (Nicklas Backstrom). I wish they'd just replace hockey with hockey cards, especially since that's the bulk of what UD makes. I'm not big into movies anyway and especially not superhero movies.
View attachment 435479

That is Sean Gunn, the brother of James Gunn (director of Guardians of the Galaxy and the upcoming Suicide Squad movie). I think he also did the motion capture acting for Rocket Racoon. Very weird auto for sure.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
That is Sean Gunn, the brother of James Gunn (director of Guardians of the Galaxy and the upcoming Suicide Squad movie). I think he also did the motion capture acting for Rocket Racoon. Very weird auto for sure.
I know of James Gunn and that he directed GotG so I was wondering if there was a relation there.

Would be nice if they'd do separate raffles for each sport/entertainment brand... so only hockey cards can replace hockey cards, only Marvel cards can replace Marvel cards, etc. Why would I want a Marvel, football, basketball, etc card in return for an expired hockey redemption? (Unless it's a huge name, of course, lol) And vice versa, why would a Marvel collector want a hockey card if the scenario was reversed? Really wish UD would get some competition again

Reactions: Rebels57

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Decided to buy a 20/21 Series 2 box.

Pretty underwhelming, even though I pulled a marquee rookie (O-Pee-Chee) or Young Guns card in nearly every pack.... except I also pulled a UD Canvas Young Guns Kaprizov. One card makes the box worthwhile, I guess. :laugh:
Yeah UD Series 1 and 2 just aren't worth it at this price.

I've never opened SP Authentic but at least you are guaranteed some sort of auto. Been sticking to singles but might give that a shot if prices aren't insane.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad